Scar repair beard hair dr umar, 200 grafts, 7 months

at almost 7 months post op of only 200 beard hairgrafts planted by dr umar, these are the b4 pics because the after are to large

pic size corrected by HairSite

Looks better. Wondering if the texture of the beard hair is softer now its on the scalp in stead of chin area. Would you say most of the hairs grafted grew. Im blessed with beard hair, so nice to know its yet another option if needed.

» at almost 7 months post op of only 200 beard hairgrafts planted by dr
» umar, these are the b4 pics because the after are to large
»

Very curious to see the after pics! Any way you can post smaller ones?

:slight_smile:

i only had 2 hundred grafts and its only 7 months so i expect continued improvement

Nice improvement, my scar is almost identical to yours except mine go all the way across from left ear to right ear. This cost probably under $1500? Well worth it in my opinion.

mine goes right across to cept the other side is not as obvious, it was also kind of a test to see how well it grows i will hit the whole scar my next surgery good luck with yours and post pics

» i only had 2 hundred grafts and its only 7 months so i expect continued
» improvement
»

Hey Scarred5, nice work, very nice. IT’s so good to see you are finally improving and moving forward after such a hard time. I am pleased with the result and more so, happy for you. These scars are hell for those of us who live with them and suffer the aspect of having to hide.

Nice growth for only two hundred beard. Lets hope beard is one of the answers for hairloss. Please keep us up to date with your case as you proceed and do more work. Very interesting case and good results. Thank Dr U.

Call me some time… dj

Scarred5 can I ask how you took these pics? I don’t even see your hand holding up the hair in the pic. I am trying to take some good pics of my scar and I have a hard time doing that.

What’s your front like after you had the strip? It’s ok and you do not need any work there?

fellows am i glad you asked those questions, taking these pics was quite the chore, my alcoholic neihbour borrowed his sisters camera cause i drove him to the beerstore, and we had to take many pics cause he was half lit, and bobbing all over so it took some time and effort to acquire them, and i was very grateful to him, secondly i have more scarring below, quite alot actually, ive had some revision work with some slight improvement but honestly not worth the cost, or the time i had to take off from the gym, if i ever get the scarring resolved i do need some more work on the top, i am a young looking 45 now and time is running out, stuck under a hat for ten yrs cause of this scar, good luck

» fellows am i glad you asked those questions, taking these pics was quite
» the chore, my alcoholic neihbour borrowed his sisters camera cause i drove
» him to the beerstore, and we had to take many pics cause he was half lit,
» and bobbing all over so it took some time and effort to acquire them, and i
» was very grateful to him, secondly i have more scarring below, quite alot
» actually, ive had some revision work with some slight improvement but
» honestly not worth the cost, or the time i had to take off from the gym, if
» i ever get the scarring resolved i do need some more work on the top, i am
» a young looking 45 now and time is running out, stuck under a hat for ten
» yrs cause of this scar, good luck

Did you have anything else done when you went to see Dr. Umar or just this 200 grafts? I share your pain about taking pics of the scar, I took some and they are all out of focus.

yur right it can be a chore but its important to document and let others know that they can be helped, thats all i had i went all the way to cali for only 2 hundred, im from canada, its a long story but i hope to go back soon and have more done, good luck with yours

» i am a young looking 45 now and time is running out, stuck under a hat for ten yrs cause of this scar, good luck

What I cant understand is why this scar kept you under a hat, you have alot of hair surrounding this scar and quite honestly, the scar is totally concealable by your surrounding hair.

» » i am a young looking 45 now and time is running out, stuck under a hat
» for ten yrs cause of this scar, good luck
»
» What I cant understand is why this scar kept you under a hat, you have
» alot of hair surrounding this scar and quite honestly, the scar is totally
» concealable by your surrounding hair.

Maybe he is talking about hiding scars along the hairline or the front

actually fellows it was quite obvious, prior to implanting any hair in that scar i had the original surgery then i had it revised 3 more times, that seemed to affect the hair above the scar, it started growing up and away from the scar, this was mentioned by cole as one of the drawbacks of strip, it was along time ago, and i didnt know any better, i have been venturing out on a limited basis without a hat, but it still feels like im wearing it, im hoping for another pass soon, and be able to resume a more normal life, this is an old pic but gives you an idea of what it looked like, later

It’s a good thing Dr. Woods isn’t the only one doing beard hair, I asked some questions and never get a response, I have 2 questions,

1. does anyonne know if the facial hair will continue to grow or will they be gone forever once used for donor? 2) do I need to grow my beard long before surgery, and if so how long?

» 1) does anyonne know if the facial hair will continue to grow or will they
» be gone forever once used for donor? 2) do I need to grow my beard long
» before surgery, and if so how long?

1. My understanding is that like head hair, once a follicle is moved, it will not “regenerate”.

2. From what I’ve read, stubble is required to extract the beard hair much like FUE.

I’m just a patient, but that is my understanding.

Here is another good example of beard hair growing strong in strip scars from Dr. U.

yeah i went to woods and when i complained bout the result he never responded once, that guy who went to woods, the work in progress repair job just posted he must be rich cause he must have paid a fortune to have that work done, thats about 6 sessions at 8 gs a session, he could have saved alot of money by choosing another doc, and i agree with what sofar said regarding beard hair