Santi\' s video What\'s your take on this one?

Hello there,
This is my first post on the HM forum so try to be nice (ihihih).
I know that this link has already been posted, however, I think that too many people have been very dismissive of Santi’s work and (presumed) discovery.

I watched the video many times and according to the commentator of this Italian tv program (hugely popular and respected) Dr Santi actually managed to create two hair out of one. This is presented in the video as a fact not a possibility.

As ever, there is no tangible evidence of this. However, let’s suppose for a sec that Santi’s claims are true. This means that the amount of hair at our disposal will be doubled and the cost of HT halfed.

I am seriously thinking about getting a FUE transplant but regardless of the doctor’s ability the amount of coverage that can be achieved through HT seems to be disappointing.

The easthetic results are impressive (Dr Armani/Woods/etc)but are severely limited by the amount of hair that can be transplanted in one go.

So I’m thinking… if all else fails and HM turns out to be a fluke (God let’s hope it works!!!) Santi’s discovery could be a real lifesaver for us.

According to the video he will perform several operations on disfigured patients in the next four months. Depending on the results he will extend this service as a standard cosmetic procedure.

He claims that he will use the money from the transplants to fund cancer research wich seems to be his real field of interest.

Santi however is not stranger to the 'cosmetic’world as he co-owns a clinic with another doctor where all the most common cosmetic procedures are performed. Including scalp reduction!!! (that’s scary)

I guess only time will tell if Santi’s groundbreaking discovery will put an end to our baldness.

It would be nice to konw what you think about this.

Thanks for your time and attention.

The link is this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=596xrxLpBVw

And in case you are wondering the name of the program is ‘Quark’

the technique described in the video is old and already deprecated by Gho. This is why I don’t understand why the guy is even trying to reinvent the wheel? What’s the point? You can have it done today in netherlands.

hello Debris,
thanks for your reply. Are you sure we are talking about the same technique?
As far as I know there is no doctor able to double the amount of donor hair and produce hair that look exactly the same as the disected ones.
Gho’s technique sounds similar but I have my doubts it’s same as Santi’s.

If you have evidence that corroborates this theory I would very much like to see it. I’m not doubting your knoledge of the issue I am just curious to know why this approach to hair loss does not work.

As I said in my previous post the source where the video was taken from is very reliable. I would be very surprised to find out that this technique is old and already proved to be a failure. Still it’s possible.

I hope Hm will come sooner than expected. Damn it!!! I have had enough of hair loss.

Bye for now

» hello Debris,
» thanks for your reply. Are you sure we are talking about the same
» technique?
» As far as I know there is no doctor able to double the amount of donor
» hair and produce hair that look exactly the same as the disected ones.
» Gho’s technique sounds similar but I have my doubts it’s same as Santi’s.
»

gho promises the same and he actually sells it. he did exactly the same what santi tries, and it worked, with success rates around 60-80%. the reason why some of the follicles didn’t grow back was that it was difficult to figure out where exactly the follicle should be cut off. then he figured out that it is better to dissect the folicle vertically (just split it in half vertically, this is supposed to give you around 90% success rate) and that’s what he calls hst and actually he’s selling it now. you can have it done today.

click the url above, then choose english and see.

Hello debris,
Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.
I had a look at Gho website and I still have many answered questions.
First of all Gho claims that during a single treatment only 600 grafts can be ‘regrown’ or transplanted. This means that the amount of hair is still very small. I don’t actually understand why. The whole point of HST should be to substancially increase the amount of hair that can be transplanted. Gho’s technique does not seem to address this problem. It looks to me as if Gho only managed to eliminate some of the discomfort and scarring issues that characterize standard HT.

To sum up Gho has not produced a significative change in the industry otherwise people would queue up his clinic’s doors day and night.

What Santi actually claims is that he found a way to duplicate every single hair extracted from the donor area and that’s why he thinks he is on the verge of delivering a ground breaking procedure.

One final thought about Gho. €3500 for 600 grafts??? he must be kidding right?

If you feel like adding any valuable info regarding HST feel free to get back to me.

Thank you

I doubt Santi would be able to give you more hair in one session than gho does. Extractions and planting of the hair one by one, takes enormous amount of time. Currently HT industry offers bigger sessions only for strip surgeries (They cut a huge amount of skin from back of your head, then technicians are preparing and dissecting the hair, and two or one doc are planting the hair, this saves them time, but it also leaves you with a scar at the back of your head (from left ear to the right one) and of course no duplication of hair is offered at this point). So HST probably could be done quicker if multiple doctors were working on your head, but because there is no scar, it will never be as fast as strip.

Santi is a joke. Even if he intended to use a strip approach, He’s going to have twice as hair to plant as Gho does. There is no way he could be any significantly faster than Gho.

The reason why people do not queue at gho is that Gho is smart doc. but pretty bad promoter & bussinesman.

The price of the Gho’s procedure can be considered normal and average price for scarless fue. There are guys who do strip butcheries for more.

» Hello debris,
» Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.
» I had a look at Gho website and I still have many answered questions.
» First of all Gho claims that during a single treatment only 600 grafts can
» be ‘regrown’ or transplanted. This means that the amount of hair is still
» very small. I don’t actually understand why. The whole point of HST should
» be to substancially increase the amount of hair that can be transplanted.
» Gho’s technique does not seem to address this problem. It looks to me as
» if Gho only managed to eliminate some of the discomfort and scarring
» issues that characterize standard HT.
»
» To sum up Gho has not produced a significative change in the industry
» otherwise people would queue up his clinic’s doors day and night.
»
» What Santi actually claims is that he found a way to duplicate every
» single hair extracted from the donor area and that’s why he thinks he is
» on the verge of delivering a ground breaking procedure.
»
» One final thought about Gho. €3500 for 600 grafts??? he must be kidding
» right?
»
» If you feel like adding any valuable info regarding HST feel free to get
» back to me.
»
» Thank you

» And in case you are wondering the name of the program is ‘Quark’

I saw the video in “Quark”. Nothing interesting.

I’ve followed Santi’s work for some time. IMO, his discovery is similar to what Dr. Gho is already doing. I do not believe this represents a cure for baldness but perhaps represents a step in the right direction.

One thing is for certain, Santi’s work is real. His research papers on this subject go back to at least 1998. And that is of course why I say his finding strikes me as being very similar to Gho’s. Keep in mind that Gho can also grow 2 hairs from one. He just cannot do it in a manner that moves a lot of hair at once (so moving a lot of hair is time consuming and expensive). He also can’t do it with 100% consistency. Thus, the procedure has limitations in practical application for high Norwood classifications.

IMO, ICX’ research is far more advanced than Santi’s research.

» Hello debris,
» Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.
» I had a look at Gho website and I still have many answered questions.
» First of all Gho claims that during a single treatment only 600 grafts can
» be ‘regrown’ or transplanted. This means that the amount of hair is still
» very small. I don’t actually understand why. The whole point of HST should
» be to substancially increase the amount of hair that can be transplanted.
» Gho’s technique does not seem to address this problem. It looks to me as
» if Gho only managed to eliminate some of the discomfort and scarring
» issues that characterize standard HT.
»
» To sum up Gho has not produced a significative change in the industry
» otherwise people would queue up his clinic’s doors day and night.
»
» What Santi actually claims is that he found a way to duplicate every
» single hair extracted from the donor area and that’s why he thinks he is
» on the verge of delivering a ground breaking procedure.
»
» One final thought about Gho. €3500 for 600 grafts??? he must be kidding
» right?

No. His procedure is very labor intensive and does not result in moving much hair. If it were not so, we would all be flying over there. As is, we are staying put and waiting for full-fledged HM. I suppose once Santi can prove he has passed Gho, then we might begin to express more interest. Until then, it is just the same ol’ song and dance we’ve seen around here for the last 5 or 10 years. So what’s is there to get excited about?

For all the crap that Gho takes around here, at least he actually offers a procedure that moves more hair than 1:1. Currently, that puts him in the lead. But even so, none of us are buying plane tickets. So let’s hope ICX changes this picture sooner as opposed to later.

Very good and sensible post James bond. I think I know have a better understanding of Hst. You are right it is not the answer to our problems. Such a shame tough… I was under the impression that this could have been a significant discovery to improve our chances of getting a full head of hair.

You are also right in sayng that at least gho is offering a procedure rather than very optimistic promises. It has to be said that Santi is waiting to see the results of the current procedures he is performing on disfigured patients.

As far as the price is concerned I still think that 3550€ for 600 grafts is an absurd amount of money. Yes there are no scars involved in the process but the actual easthetic result can only be disappointing. If I get my numbers right the average joe should undergo at least 6 procedures to gain acceptable coverage (provided he/she is really bald) you do the maths in terms of expenses…

let’s hope Hm hits the market sooner than expected otherwise we have 5 more miserable years ahead of us.