Romi - 4175 FUHT grafts (15 month update)

Dear forum readers,
The challenge now is not just natural appearing hair transplants.
Its near complete hair restoration covering almost all the bald areas of scalp.

That is what people suffering from hairloss wish for.

We, (the patients as well as us), follow different approaches to accomplish this based on patient preference, aesthetic considerations and donor availability.

In most cases, 10,000+ robust donor hair grafts is an acheivable target.

The approach may vary, but for anyone who is NW 5 or above should be looking at this number.

Its simple mathematics. Any NW 5 or above has lost >20,000 grafts. A 50% replacement is the minimum if all bald areas need to be covered.

Or else, one has to settle for deep recessed temples, a bald crown etc, etc…

Regards,
Dr. A

Romi is in advanced NW 5/early NW 6 stage. The hair miniaturization pattern suggests that he will progress to a full blown NW 6.

Following are some of his pictures from his pre HT days.

While Romi’s hairloss is very similar to that of Sunrise
(case discussed at http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board_entry-id-40809-page-1-category-2-order-last_answer-descasc-DESC.html ),
he has decided to follow a different course of action.

Both have a large skull, broad forehead and extensive area of hairloss. However, they have followed different approaches.

Unlike Sunrise, Romi does not want to focus on a hairline based approach.

He wants to ultimately cover all areas of his hairloss (crown, vertex and front), but retain the temple recessions and a high hairline.

It is very important, for the patient as well as the HT doctor, to realize and talk about long term planning before the start of the 1st hair transplant.

12_file35.wmv

I am not impressed, I have seen better from you. Sorry

» I am not impressed, I have seen better from you. Sorry

Dear therapy,
These pictures are not to impress. I prefer to post a wide range of results and options chosen.

The intent is to highlight different options that are chosen by different patients.
Romi prefers coverage rather then a low hairline and high density. Many may not agree with his preference. But it is still an option that some choose.

Regards,
Dr. A

» » I am not impressed, I have seen better from you. Sorry
»
» Dear therapy,
» These pictures are not to impress. I prefer to post a wide range of
» results and options chosen.
»
» The intent is to highlight different options that are chosen by different
» patients.
» Romi prefers coverage rather then a low hairline and high density. Many
» may not agree with his preference. But it is still an option that some
» choose.
»
» Regards,
» Dr. A

I don’t think the work is bad and there is definitely good growth there, it’s the design that is not all that appealing