Roger-that is it true injected ADSCs don\'t stay where they\'re injected

turn into other tissue, and get absorbed?

Someone posted that adipose derived stem cells just travel to different parts of the body after injection and rarely stay in the area where they were injected, or simply convert into other tissue like skin.

I think that some do, probably a significant amount. But I think most would stay close to the area where they’re injected. I don’t think you can just say that all the cells drift away from the area; that’s ridiculous. They’re not being injected directly into a vein or artery.

A certain amount of injected cells entering the circulatory system and being carried away from the area is why a lot of cells probably have to be injected.

I sent an email to the hair clinics and the Bahamian heart clinic asking if the ADSCs stay local to where they’re injected. Only the heart clinic has responded thus far. Here is what they said:

ADRCs as well as mesenchymal cells (MSCs) from bone marrow,when delivered in the heart as well as other tissues and organs have generally migrated out of the target tissue after about three days though some can be found up to about five weeks. It is important to note that the primary way these cells regenerate and repair is through cell-to-cell signaling (paracrine effect). The cells can and do turn into other cells. That is why they are called adult stem cells. The differentiate into adipose, bone, cartilage etc. The cells “know” what tissue is needed so in the case of the heart they differentiate into heart muscle cells (cardiomyocytes). It is also important to note that while ADRCs have been found to grow new cardiomyocytes they are not enough to build new muscle but they appear to assist in improving pumping function. The most important mechanism for cardiac and other wound repair found with ADRCs is the growth of new blood vessels (angiogenesis). These new bloods vessels support the main arteries and bring more blood and oxygen to the lungs so the person can breathe better per the PRECISE trial (see data on maximum volume of oxygen consumption –mVO2).
What makes ADRCs “better” is that they have been found to be more abundant with cells that are more directly capable of stimulating the growth of new blood vessels as well as cardiomyocytes and are more potent later in life that bone marrow cells.

I hope that helps.