Rogaine Foam Works!

Hello guys, this post is for the people who don’t believe rogain foam works or is of much benefit. I’ve been using it for over a year now and i’ve noticed a couple of things that will decide how good the results will be. I’ve been using it for a little over a year now. The first 4 or 5 months i was using it,i had long hair and don’t think i was getting it deep into the scalp. Also, i wasn’t using it twice daily on the daily basis. So i shaved my head awhile back. Its extremely easy to apply with a shaved head or buzz hair cut. I also took time off from work, so i was able to take my time applying it and not just throwing it on and watching it run down everywhere. It’s about 2 months since i shaved my head and my hair looks pretty amazing! My thinning spot in the back has completely thickened up, thickness all over my entire head(applied the foam all over my scalp). My receding hairline has thickened up and filled in with numerous new hairs. My temple hair has a lot of new regrowth and also my hairline. This reminds me of how good avodart did for me. The results are WAY better than what propecia ever did for me. I never got any new regrowth from popecia and the best part is, no sexual side effects!

The bad side of using the rogain foam on the entire scalp is, i go trough a whole can,within one week! So it will be very expensive doing it that way. Also, i get a lot more facial and body hair growth,i mean hair is growing all over the place. I also get some chest pains rarely.

I do believe you need to catch your hair loss early though in order to get really good benefits. Also, try to keep the foam in a cool area so that when you use it, it’s still foamy, as opposed to it being in a hot area, which makes the foam very liquidy and runs all over the scalp.

The stuff is amazing and i can’t believe i over looked it this whole time, while taking pills that screws your hormones up.

If you’re patient, take your time applying the foam, and in the norwood 2-3 range, you’ll be amazed if you develope a good habit of applying it. Just my two cents.

I’ve never tried it before and it sounds like I might just have to. How long have you been using it now?

» I’ve never tried it before and it sounds like I might just have to. How
» long have you been using it now?

Well, i’ve been using it for over a year…but, didn’t use it twice daily and i would always put a hat on soon after applying the foam. Since i’ve been off work, ive been applying it twice daily for about 3 months now and notice a major difference when using it twice daily, consistantly. My hair now looks almost like it did when i was on avodart. I’m very surprised that i’ve gotten this good of results. I have all kings of new regrowth in the temple and hairline. The hairs have continued to thicken up to the same thickness as the normal hairs. You must use it TWICE daily!!

chip chipper
can we get some photos please…

» chip chipper
» can we get some photos please…
Gives me really bad dandruff. Even getting some slightly on my forhead, and now my forhead is flaking. Will just use it up and go back to another type of minox.

» » chip chipper
» » can we get some photos please…
» Gives me really bad dandruff. Even getting some slightly on my forhead,
» and now my forhead is flaking. Will just use it up and go back to another
» type of minox.

Did u get any sides like excessive body hair, ear hair…im on propeica but its losing its effectiveness…losing hair all over scalp especialy behind the hair line i can see through it under light…its sucks!!! would rogain foam help me…or will it cause all my hair to shed…i only lose like 10 hairs now a day from the 50 before a month ago…im just so confused and lost on what to do

Agreed. And it certainly does not stay wet with the visible residue on the scalp for hours afterwards like the 5% liquid seems to leave. If you wear your hair long, I can see that it would be hard to use, too. And it seems more difficult to measure, and you can go through it fast, but IMHO it works better than the liquid if you are trying to regrow some. I suspect it does deliver the minoxidil at least a little more effectively.

» Hello guys, this post is for the people who don’t believe rogain foam works
» or is of much benefit. I’ve been using it for over a year now and i’ve
» noticed a couple of things that will decide how good the results will be.
» I’ve been using it for a little over a year now. The first 4 or 5 months i
» was using it,i had long hair and don’t think i was getting it deep into the
» scalp. Also, i wasn’t using it twice daily on the daily basis. So i shaved
» my head awhile back. Its extremely easy to apply with a shaved head or buzz
» hair cut. I also took time off from work, so i was able to take my time
» applying it and not just throwing it on and watching it run down
» everywhere. It’s about 2 months since i shaved my head and my hair looks
» pretty amazing! My thinning spot in the back has completely thickened up,
» thickness all over my entire head(applied the foam all over my scalp). My
» receding hairline has thickened up and filled in with numerous new hairs.
» My temple hair has a lot of new regrowth and also my hairline. This reminds
» me of how good avodart did for me. The results are WAY better than what
» propecia ever did for me. I never got any new regrowth from popecia and the
» best part is, no sexual side effects!
»
» The bad side of using the rogain foam on the entire scalp is, i go trough
» a whole can,within one week! So it will be very expensive doing it that
» way. Also, i get a lot more facial and body hair growth,i mean hair is
» growing all over the place. I also get some chest pains rarely.
»
» I do believe you need to catch your hair loss early though in order to get
» really good benefits. Also, try to keep the foam in a cool area so that
» when you use it, it’s still foamy, as opposed to it being in a hot area,
» which makes the foam very liquidy and runs all over the scalp.
»
» The stuff is amazing and i can’t believe i over looked it this whole time,
» while taking pills that screws your hormones up.
»
» If you’re patient, take your time applying the foam, and in the norwood
» 2-3 range, you’ll be amazed if you develope a good habit of applying it.
» Just my two cents.

A multicenter, randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind clinical trial of a novel formulation of 5% minoxidil topical foam versus placebo in the treatment of androgenetic alopecia in men

Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology - Volume 57, Issue 5 (November 2007)

Objective

To assess the efficacy and safety of a new 5% minoxidil topical formulation in a propylene glycol–free foam vehicle in men with androgenetic alopecia (AGA).

Methods

This was a 16-week, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of 5% minoxidil topical foam (MTF) in 352 men, 18 to 49 years old. At week 16, 143 subjects continued on an open-label phase to collect 52 weeks of safety information on 5% MTF.

Results

At week 16 compared with baseline, there was a statistically significant increase in (1) hair counts in the 5% MTF group versus placebo (P < .0001) and (2) subjective assessment of improved hair loss condition (P < .0001) in the 5% MTF group versus placebo. The 5% MTF was well tolerated over a 52-week period.

Limitations

There was no collection of efficacy data beyond 16 weeks.

Conclusions

We believe that 5% MTF is a safe and effective treatment for men with AGA.

I can recommend a reputable pharmacy (Rogaine) - http://canadian-discount-meds.com Good price and quality.

I love the Rogaine Foam too. In the past I got a lot of scalp irritation from propylene glycol in the Minoxidil, but with the Rogaine Foam it’s all good. Even after a day wearing a cap my scalp is fine. My hair is about 3 inches long right now, so it makes it a little difficult to apply it properly on my scalp in my hairline an my temple areas. So I use one of my old Rogaine bottles with the dropper. I spray the Rogaine Foam into the old Rogaine bottle. It does take a little time to melt to a liquid with the bottle closed, but I prefer to use it this way right now with my hair 3 inches long.

I’m not trying to rain on your parade, and I’m glad you’re getting some positive results, but be careful with that chest pain. Remember this drug, minoxidil, is a blood pressure drug and if you are lowering your blood pressure that could be what is causing your chest pain and that might be dangerous. You should talk to your doctor about the chest pain.

i’m still using Matthew gardson’s method and hair masks, many people are ignorant about capsaicin, its uses and effects.

» I’ve never tried it before and it sounds like I might just have to. How
» long have you been using it now?

Hey guys i been using rogaine(minoxidil)with great results so far. No sideeffects. I also bought the generic minoxidil kirkindal 5% and use that at night and rogaine in the morning. So here is my contribution i have noticed more results with the microneedle roller just before i use the generic every night. I have been using minoxidil for about four months now and the last month i added finasteride to my regimen. Ill try to post some pics for you guys.

Sorry, i use my smart phone for this and for some reason i can’t upload the pictures

Rogain foam is just more expensive but results are the same.

hi i think that using a can of foam a week a bit much i used to melt the foam in a cap and make sure i measured 1 to 1.5mls twice a day and draw it into a i ml syringe that way it lasts a long time and it does go on scalp better.

I used it for nearly 6 months and it did not work, i guess not everyone is as lucky as you!

I use both propecia and rogaine it’s the best combination. You can buy both here without a script http://shopwithneededmeds.com/