Resveratrol & Fisetin Promotes Hair Growth by Augmenting TERT Expression

Resveratrol & Fisetin Promotes Hair Growth by Augmenting TERT Expression

Our organs differently over time. That’s as true for our heart, liver, kidney, as it is for our hair.

The premature aging of hair has been studied and some interesting facts have come to light about the potential of fisetin and resveratrol as a treatment or prevention of hair loss.

========================================

Dr. Arvind Poswal’s sponsored post - #1 hair clinic of all time according to HairSite’s patient statistics. For more info, visit:

Hair growth-promoting effect of Resveratrol - diagram.

Hi Dr. A!

I have been taking fisetin and pterostilbene for a few years. I started taking fisetin for its supposed benefit helping the body remove senescent cells, but I didn’t know it may have a role in growing hair.

I take pterostilbene for it’s anti oxidant properties and it’s supposed role in sirtuin expression. I know none of this is clinically proven at this point and I am a layperson with just a little knowledge. I also believe that typically the body can’t use isolated compounds - you need the whole food, generally, to obtain the benefit. But I like to experiment on myself.

I believe the study you cited actually had an elaborate topical regimen. Any idea if ingesting these things has any benefit? I have started microneedling my crown and adding foam minox and crushed finasteride. Maybe I should add fisetin?

1 Like

First time I heard of Fisetin, it sounds like a mighty powerful compound except that it is not easy for the body to absorb.

Fisetin

Fisetin is another bioflavonoid compound that is very active against allergic inflammation, at least in in vitro and in animal models. It is found primarily in strawberries, but also in apples, persimmons, and onions. Fisetin has gained some attention in the scientific community due to its memory-enhancing capabilities in rodents.29 However, bioavailability is the biggest issue with fisetin, as with other flavonoids. Most studies of fisetin involving memory enhancement or asthma were performing using intravenous or intraperitoneal formulations.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/medicine-and-dentistry/fisetin

1 Like

I advise a microneedling based approach of delivering molecules to their target location.
Oral ingestion at same time is an added bonus for full body.