Restoring NW6 with 18745: Transition zone NW6-NW7

18,745 graft surgery:

This is a continuation of an earlier discussion started:

http://www.hairsite4.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=12&topic_id=54156&mode=full&page=

At Day 13, 18, 745 grafts have been placed.

Some valuable lessons have been learnt in this mission of restoring restoring a severely bald state with a high number of non head hair grafts.

The transition zone between NW6 and 7

As we know, NW 6 can progress to NW 7. Often, the case is the individual is NW 6, but has a thinning transition zone between the area that defines NW6 and NW7

In “endhairpiece” we realized that an area ranging from 2-2.5 outside the cut off line of hair marking the NW6 boundary:

To create a more uniform outcome, ~650 leg hair follicles were transplanted to the transition areas in the parietal area especially

S. Umar, M.D., FAAD
DermHair Clinic
Redondo Beach, California
+1-310-318-1500
1-877-DERMHAIR (US residents)
info@dermhairclinic.com
NEW WEBSITE www.dermhairclinic.com
Single Follicule Extraction & Transfer (SFET)
Using Head and Body hair

For more SFET-FUE and BHT results go to www.dermhairclinic.com

This has to be a record. I was kicking and screaming after just 1 day . Is it even safe for someone to have 13 days of surgery? That is done over how many weeks?

The comfort measures taken by a clinic goes a long ways on these procedures. I had a couple of 5 day procedures filled with long days/nights and they do everything they can to make it as comfortable as possible.

17,000 Actively Growing BHT grafts by Dr Umar
www.myhairtransformation.com

As a patient I always felt safe from a health perspective. Dr. Umar runs a very tight ship in regards to safety and so on. I was pretty tired by the end of the week and looked forward to resting on Saturday and Sunday. By Monday I was well rested and ready to start again.

This was over 13 days. Monday through Friday of surgery. Rest on Saturday and Sunday. Then Monday through Friday of surgery again. Rest again on Saturday and Sunday. And then finally Monday through Wednesday to finalize surgery.

Why not do something small and see how well it works first? What are you going to do if the yield is poor and you have no donor left?

1 Like

That is a very good question. It was suggested to me to do a small sample first and see how my body reacts and to see how I felt with the results. And then based on those results either continue or not continue. I believe that is a very good idea. And I would suggest that to others also.

My decision was somewhat based on timing and circumstances. I had made the decision to go with Dr. Umar. If for some reason it did not work with him I did not plan on trying somewhere else with my remaining donor hair. I believe there are several great doctors, but he appeared to be the best match for me. My case required substantial BHT because I only had in the neighborhood of 2500 to 4000 graphs available from the scalp. So strip surgery, regardless of concerns about the strip scar, wasn’t an option for me because I did not have enough scalp donor hair.

I understood that my case would probably require two surgeries. After the first surgery, we would wait approximately 9 months to do the final smaller surgery. From the forums, it seems that others have tried that approach in general with some success. I believe it takes 6 months to a year or more to start to get a feel for how the results are shaping up. Please keep in mind that I am no expert, but this was how I was viewing things.

So if I did a sample, I would shave my head, have the surgery and then wait maybe up to a year to verify results. If things were good, I would have surgery one. Thus shaving me head again probably and waiting another year. And then, have the second surgery requiring me to shave my head and go through the surgery process a third time (including the sample initial surgery).

So one issue was, my timing situation did not allow for me to go back and forth for the next three years going back and forth to surgeries. Also, for me, so much BHT was required; that I thought it may be difficult to judge the results on a small sample in my case. I met with heliboy and I really liked his results and he helped me keep my expectations in check. I have faith in Dr. Umar while knowing BHT is still relatively new and realizing that my case is not an easy one. Will my results be as good as heliboy? I don’t know. But I wanted to try and find out.

Each person’s situation is unique. I will find out along with everyone else whether this works or not, but these were some of the thoughts leading to my decision.

I hope this helps.

» 18,745 graft surgery:
»
» This is a continuation of an earlier discussion started:
»
»
» http://www.hairsite4.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=12&topic_id=54156&mode=full&page=
»
» At Day 13, 18, 745 grafts have been placed.
»
» Some valuable lessons have been learnt in this mission of restoring
» restoring a severely bald state with a high number of non head hair
» grafts.
»
»
»
»
» The transition zone between NW6 and 7

» As we know, NW 6 can progress to NW 7. Often, the case is the individual
» is NW 6, but has a thinning transition zone between the area that defines
» NW6 and NW7
»
»
» In “endhairpiece” we realized that an area ranging from 2-2.5 outside the
» cut off line of hair marking the NW6 boundary:
»
»
» To create a more uniform outcome, ~650 leg hair follicles were
» transplanted to the transition areas in the parietal area especially

»
»
» Hairsite do you have any updates from this patient? It’s been almost 1 year since he had the procedure and i’ve seen no other pictures with his results. I think he is happy with his procedure (i like to belive this otherwise…:angry: ).

»
» S. Umar, M.D., FAAD
» DermHair Clinic
» Redondo Beach, California
» +1-310-318-1500
» 1-877-DERMHAIR (US residents)
» info@dermhairclinic.com
» NEW WEBSITE www.dermhairclinic.com
» Single Follicule Extraction & Transfer (SFET)
» Using Head and Body hair
»
» For more SFET-FUE and BHT results go to www.dermhairclinic.com

I’m a little confused by “sad” and his post. Is he posting something new or bumping the old thread?

» I’m a little confused by “sad” and his post. Is he posting something new or
» bumping the old thread?

It has been nearly a year since this guy had the surgery done and has yet to update with pictures.

» » I’m a little confused by “sad” and his post. Is he posting something new
» or
» » bumping the old thread?
»
» It has been nearly a year since this guy had the surgery done and has yet
» to update with pictures.

Oh yeah, I am definitely interested in seeing the final result after 18745 grafts.

Any update ?

» Any update ?

Bump, where are the results Dr. Umar???