Replicel : Article - Dr. Rolf Hoffmann

Balding brothers,

read it all at the pdf link below.

Equities Interview with Dr. Rolf Hoffmann, Chief Medical Officer, RepliCel Life Sciences Inc.

November 22, 2011

By RepliCel on November 22, 2011

Excerpt:

“Effective treatment for hair loss has advanced considerably over the past several decades, but for all that the multi-billion dollar industry has become, there still lacks a truly viable and permanent solution that addresses the needs of both men and women. For biotech company RepliCel Life Sciences, Inc. (REPCF), promising research around the regenerative properties of dermal sheath cup cells could prove to be the break-through that millions of hair-loss suffers have been waiting for.”

http://www.replicel.com/wp-content/uploads/Equities_2011-11-22.pdf

» Balding brothers,
»
» read it all at the pdf link below.
»
» ----------
»
»
» Equities Interview with Dr. Rolf Hoffmann, Chief Medical Officer,
» RepliCel Life Sciences Inc.

»
» November 22, 2011
»
» By RepliCel on November 22, 2011
»
» Excerpt:
»
» “Effective treatment for hair loss has advanced considerably over the past
» several decades, but for all that the multi-billion dollar industry has
» become, there still lacks a truly viable and permanent solution that
» addresses the needs of both men and women. For biotech company RepliCel
» Life Sciences, Inc. (REPCF), promising research around the regenerative
» properties of dermal sheath cup cells could prove to be the break-through
» that millions of hair-loss suffers have been waiting for.”
»
» http://www.replicel.com/wp-content/uploads/Equities_2011-11-22.pdf

nobody gives a crap what you say

are u a doctor?
nope
then why do you post this garbage

Wow that was a wonderful article! Dr. Hoffmann sounds like a very sincere person.

Thanks for posting this. Kinda disappointed that he said results similar to rogaine/propecia would mean that the trial was very successful. Not sure what his rationale is, since they’re looking to restore full density. Maybe he’s just being cautious.

» nobody gives a crap what you say
»
» are u a doctor?
» nope
» then why do you post this garbage

Hanging, explain your attitude.

Thanks Freddie.
There are some things that are interesting and promising in this interview, but other things that I don’t like. Hoffmann seems to imply that Replicel will be more suitable for women, who have miniarurizing-diffused hairloss. Does this mean that Replicel won’t work for hardcore machos with hardcore bald plates?
He also focus his interests in chemotherapy patients, but these usually regain their hair without any intervention. So this looks a bit suspicious to me.

He says that Propecia results would be wonderful. I hope he is referring to Phase I only. David Hall talked along these lines in an article, but in the NBT video interview he said that they fully expect to beat Propecia. This is confusing.

On the positive side, its interesting what he says about the DSC cells regenerating a brand new papilla after each cycle.

Also he says that DSC cells grew hair in mice’s palm and soles. I wonder if ARI and ICX could do that on mice trials. Also I wonder if Astressin can do that on mice.

Well, lets wait for those Georgia trials. :slight_smile:

» Balding brothers,
»
» read it all at the pdf link below.
»
» ----------
»
»
» Equities Interview with Dr. Rolf Hoffmann, Chief Medical Officer,
» RepliCel Life Sciences Inc.

»
» November 22, 2011
»
» By RepliCel on November 22, 2011
»
» Excerpt:
»
» “Effective treatment for hair loss has advanced considerably over the past
» several decades, but for all that the multi-billion dollar industry has
» become, there still lacks a truly viable and permanent solution that
» addresses the needs of both men and women. For biotech company RepliCel
» Life Sciences, Inc. (REPCF), promising research around the regenerative
» properties of dermal sheath cup cells could prove to be the break-through
» that millions of hair-loss suffers have been waiting for.”
»
» http://www.replicel.com/wp-content/uploads/Equities_2011-11-22.pdf

I think you’re reading too much into the comments on women and chemo patients. I think his point was simply to let people know that the potential customers are more than just mpb dudes.

» » nobody gives a crap what you say
» »
» » are u a doctor?
» » nope
» » then why do you post this garbage
»
» Hanging, explain your attitude.

If you saw the post this clown posted (responding to a post I made about the Philippines) on the transplant board …you would understand

I’m also a little puzzled and concerned over Replicel’s repeated touting of the value of this treatment for women. There’s now a vague pattern. Listen again to the Bald Truth interview. David Hall does the same thing: He seems to obviously prefer talking about what it will do for women. He describes how devastating hair loss is for women (doesn’t say much re men) and how vital it is that women, specifically and in particular, have a treatment to get their hair back. It jumped out at me at the time, but I thought maybe Kobren was just trying to keep the show gender-neutral. Now, here we have Hoffmann talking emotionally about his long-held personal goal to stop balding – in women. It’s almost like announcing, “We’ve got a promising new treatment for breast cancer” … then insisting on spending a lot of time enumerating the benefits to MEN (a few men do in fact get breast cancer) without mention of the potential for women – who are overwhelmingly those most impacted. I’m beginning to wonder if this is Replicel’s way of lowering expectations. Maybe they are signaling that they expect this to be something that will work only in the mildest, most benign cases of hairloss – i.e. equivalent to that a woman might experience – where there are less potent androgenetics involved. But, not anything that will help the sort of full-blown MPB a man gets, once it rises above Norwood 1. Time will tell.

» I think you’re reading too much into the comments on women and chemo
» patients. I think his point was simply to let people know that the
» potential customers are more than just mpb dudes.

no, its more than that. Read the whole interview, specially the second half. He focuses too much in women.
For example:

So, for women with miniaturization of the hair on the upper head, a cell-based treatment would be ideal. That’s why I would think the biggest market would be women.<<

My opinion is that if a treatment really works for genuine male MPB, then the male market would be huge, huge, huge. So it doesn’t make sense to “diminish it” like Hoffmann is doing.

They are doing 10 males+10 females in Georgia.
They started the trials on Dec 2010, and the last patient was injected on August 2011. By now, I think they must know how is it going. Maybe they saw better results in women?

» » » nobody gives a crap what you say
» » »
» » » are u a doctor?
» » » nope
» » » then why do you post this garbage
» »
» » Hanging, explain your attitude.
»
» If you saw the post this clown posted (responding to a post I made about
» the Philippines) on the transplant board …you would understand

well, make it easy for me and post a link…

I see, hope they can get it to work for both…In theory they should, I suppose we’ll be finding out a whole raft of info on these procedures spring of next year.

» » » » nobody gives a crap what you say
» » » »
» » » » are u a doctor?
» » » » nope
» » » » then why do you post this garbage
» » »
» » » Hanging, explain your attitude.
» »
» » If you saw the post this clown posted (responding to a post I made about
» » the Philippines) on the transplant board …you would
» understand
»
» well, make it easy for me and post a link…

the post was so and offensive it was deleted by Hairsite
and they dont often delete posts, (unless the post slams HT docs)

so that tells you something

but I have not forgotten what this s&itbag said

Hanging, do yourself a favour. Next time, instead of insulting Freddie, without apparent reason, just copypaste Freddies insults to you. Otherwse people won’t know whats going on.

» » » » » nobody gives a crap what you say
» » » » »
» » » » » are u a doctor?
» » » » » nope
» » » » » then why do you post this garbage
» » » »
» » » » Hanging, explain your attitude.
» » »
» » » If you saw the post this clown posted (responding to a post I made
» about
» » » the Philippines) on the transplant board …you would
» » understand
» »
» » well, make it easy for me and post a link…
»
» the post was so and offensive it was deleted by Hairsite
» and they dont often delete posts, (unless the post slams HT docs)
»
» so that tells you something
»
» but I have not forgotten what this s&itbag said

» Hanging, do yourself a favour. Next time, instead of insulting Freddie,
» without apparent reason, just copypaste Freddies insults to you. Otherwse
» people won’t know whats going on.
»
» » » » » » nobody gives a crap what you say
» » » » » »
» » » » » » are u a doctor?
» » » » » » nope
» » » » » » then why do you post this garbage
» » » » »
» » » » » Hanging, explain your attitude.
» » » »
» » » » If you saw the post this clown posted (responding to a post I made
» » about
» » » » the Philippines) on the transplant board …you would
» » » understand
» » »
» » » well, make it easy for me and post a link…
» »
» » the post was so and offensive it was deleted by Hairsite
» » and they dont often delete posts, (unless the post slams HT docs)
» »
» » so that tells you something
» »
» » but I have not forgotten what this s&itbag said

the “
insult” was deleted by hairsite

why would I repaste it so they can delete it again?

the guy is a sh*tbag

» the “
» insult” was deleted by hairsite
»
» why would I repaste it so they can delete it again?
»
»
» the guy is a sh*tbag

ok, forget it. Lets keep the thread on topic.

Can’t quite tell if this is good news or bad.

Are they diluting their shares with issuance of new shares or is the management which holds these preferred class C shares optimistic on the company’s future that they are converting it into common shares?

Any Wall Street paper shuffler care to clarify what this share conversion means.

RepliCel Class C Shareholders Convert Into Common Shares
November 24, 2011

By RepliCel on November 24, 2011

VANCOUVER, BC – November 24, 2011 – RepliCel Life Sciences Inc. (the “Company” or “RepliCel”) (OTCBB: REPCF) is pleased to report that all of the Company’s Class C preferred shares (each, a “Class C Share”) have been converted, on a 5:1 ratio from 13,000,000 Class C shares into 2,600,000 common shares of the Company (each, a “Common Share”) by the holders thereof. All of the Common Shares issued on conversion of the Class C Shares have been deposited with a trustee pursuant to the terms of pooling agreements between RepliCel, the trustee and the respective shareholders. The Common Shares are subject to a timed release schedule under which 15% of the shares will be released on the first day of each of the fiscal quarters beginning January 1, 2013. Following this conversion, a total of 43,150,006 Common Shares are issued and outstanding.

It sounds like relatively good news. The company isn’t diluting stock, but preferred holders are going to become common holders which means they will participate in the growth of the company. If they stayed preferred holders, they wouldn’t see any capital appreciation. (Preferred stock is more like owning bonds than stock)

» I’m also a little puzzled and concerned over Replicel’s repeated touting of
» the value of this treatment for women. There’s now a vague pattern. Listen
» again to the Bald Truth interview. David Hall does the same thing: He seems
» to obviously prefer talking about what it will do for women. He describes
» how devastating hair loss is for women (doesn’t say much re men) and how
» vital it is that women, specifically and in particular, have a treatment to
» get their hair back. It jumped out at me at the time, but I thought maybe
» Kobren was just trying to keep the show gender-neutral. Now, here we have
» Hoffmann talking emotionally about his long-held personal goal to stop
» balding – in women. It’s almost like announcing, “We’ve got a promising
» new treatment for breast cancer” … then insisting on spending a lot of
» time enumerating the benefits to MEN (a few men do in fact get breast
» cancer) without mention of the potential for women – who are
» overwhelmingly those most impacted. I’m beginning to wonder if this is
» Replicel’s way of lowering expectations. Maybe they are signaling that they
» expect this to be something that will work only in the mildest, most benign
» cases of hairloss – i.e. equivalent to that a woman might experience –
» where there are less potent androgenetics involved. But, not anything that
» will help the sort of full-blown MPB a man gets, once it rises above
» Norwood 1. Time will tell.

That’s because there is no solution for women. It’s been socially acceptable for men to lose their hair. Not so for woman and if you know a woman, like I suspect some of you might, their hair is very important to them. I think we can take a way the fact that there is a substantial market for this with woman around the world and Replicel know this. Just doing their homework.

As for the shareholder, if you go back and look at the original deal for the takeover of Newcastle, there were Preferred shares given to the stock holders as part of the deal. These shares would have been a liability at a 2:1 Ratio in future dealings with the company. Now there is no liability. It’s a good thing and they reduce the overall issuance of the company stock which makes each share worth a little more.

If you read Dr Washenik’s earlier interviews, he seems to stress that in the first generation or so of HM, it will be most likely used for thickening hair transplants. I don’t know whether Washenik still holds to that prediction, but if so it won’t help a NW 7 like Steve Ballmer or Ben Bernanke, but it is still something beneficial for us, especially for younger guys.