Replacing Thining Hair With HT Hair?

I have thinning hair on my frontal area although not bald it’s moderately thinning. Instead of filling in the small gaps that are thinning. What are your thoughts about replacing those hair with HT graft? Has anyone had their thining hair replace by HT hair? Thanks

» I have thinning hair on my frontal area although not bald it’s moderately
» thinning. Instead of filling in the small gaps that are thinning. What are
» your thoughts about replacing those hair with HT graft? Has anyone had
» their thining hair replace by HT hair? Thanks

Many people have had grafts placed in between their existine hair to considerably thicken their hair. To clearify your question, are you asking about pulling out the thinning hairs you currently have and replacing them with transplanted grafts?

I thought you already booked a 350 grafts FUE session with some doctor already. Can you email me or upload pictures to the forum so that people can offer you more feedback? It is hard to tell if you are a good candidate for hair transplant without seeing some pictures.

Also, hair transplant is not for everyone. It’s best to go on Propecia and minoxidil etc first before proceeding with a hair transplant.

I don’t post much on this board but I have the same question, my hair is very weak and thin but not bald, how can I get hair transplants without damaging my own hair? I saw people posting pictures with holes and scabs everywhere, if I am just thinning, those thinning hair will sure be wiped out by the scabs and holes.

If you go to a skilled surgeon, placing grafts in between existing hairs without damaging those existing follicals is not a problem. A good example would be the patient below. He had grafts placed all in between his existing hairs in zones 1 and 2.

Original post refers to excising native hair and replacing it with grafts, that’s possible, but why would you want to do that?

Take note of the above post for a better solution.

» Original post refers to excising native hair and replacing it with grafts,
» that’s possible, but why would you want to do that?
»
» Take note of the above post for a better solution.

I am so confused by the question, does it mean removing the existing hair that he has and replace them with hair transplant grafts, and if so, what’s the point?

No “removal” or “replacement” of hairs. Just transplanting donor hairs in between existing hairs.

There tends to be some shockloss in thinned hairs when this stuff is done. So in some cases the procedure may not be as much of a visual improvement as what the patient hoped for when it grows out. But the freshly transplanted hairs will not continue to thin like the remaining original hairs in that spot, that’s the difference. The trasplanted hairs will help visually stabilize the situation in that area in the longer term, even if shockloss hurts the initial results visually.

Many times the shockloss to thinning hairs is not a significant factor. It helps if the thinning hairs are not severely miniaturized yet. But the issue varies from case to case.

No doctor has invented his way out of shockloss entirely. It pays to go with a more skilled and consistent HT doc (and to be wise about where & when you elect to get transplants done on these areas) to hopefully improve your odds though.

Well the doctor didn’t tell me he was going to replace my existing hair but it’s obvious He isn’t going to pull out my hair. I would never let a doctor do that because it doesn’t make any sence. My hairline is not fully bald. But it’s moderately thin. I said replacing existing hair because for ex, 150 to 200 grafts on a 5 square centimeter on my not bald moderate thinning hairline, I figure that I will have some hair replaced. It’s obvious that future hairloss on my mild/moderate thin hairline is going to happend and shockloss is possible when filling in gaps between hair so the doctor is just going to dense it up fully. But many doctors have different opinion regarding this filling in gaps between hair or replacing thin hair with HT hair. Just like Some are more skilled and can do it. On the day of my surgery I will review my case with my doctor ask more questions and get more detailed answer.

On the day of my surgery I will review my case with my doctor ask more questions and get more detailed answer.

I wouldn’t wait until the day of surgery if you have any concerns. When is your surgery scheduled, are you using a reputable Dr? Please be careful, poor hairline work can be disastrous.

» Well the doctor didn’t tell me he was going to replace my existing hair but
» it’s obvious He isn’t going to pull out my hair. I would never let a doctor
» do that because it doesn’t make any sence. My hairline is not fully bald.
» But it’s moderately thin. I said replacing existing hair because for ex,
» 150 to 200 grafts on a 5 square centimeter on my not bald moderate thinning
» hairline, I figure that I will have some hair replaced. It’s obvious that
» future hairloss on my mild/moderate thin hairline is going to happend and
» shockloss is possible when filling in gaps between hair so the doctor is
» just going to dense it up fully. But many doctors have different opinion
» regarding this filling in gaps between hair or replacing thin hair with HT
» hair. Just like Some are more skilled and can do it. On the day of my
» surgery I will review my case with my doctor ask more questions and get
» more detailed answer.

Does the doctor use a microscope for the placement of grafts? I think you should have a more thorough discussion with the doctor and other people before making a decision. It sounds like you may be rushing into this.

If you have thinning hair on some of front area then you don’t need to go for HT graft. PRP is also a good option to make your hair thick and strong.