Regarding Dr Nigam\'s medical credentials (proof and links)

MD is a Western degree; MBBS is an Indian degree.

It’s like with the JD (juris doctor) degree for lawyers in the USA. Most countries use some other degree, like the LLB (Bachelor of Laws), LLM (Master of Laws), and many other variations.

Can you comprehend that not all countries use the same terminology for academic degrees?

Man, really, where are you getting all that crap ? Here, read this then:

Following MBBS they can apply for post graduate (specialty) coarses which will be for 2 to 3 years they will receive a degree as MD, MS, DNB depending on the subjects

Jup, just like in the West.

Man, Roger_that, you’re really disappointing me. I actually thought you were smarter than JarJarBinx (well that’s not too hard but still).

That’s very different than in the West because if you look at the list of coursework for the MBBS degree, it happens to be EXACTLY the same courses taught in US medical schools, for the MD degree– not in undergraduate BS or graduate MS programs.

Ask any American doctor about that.

Therefore the Indian MBBS is the equivalent of a US “Medical Doctor” degree.

Their system is completely different than ours.

By the way, your use of “Jup” instead of “Yup” indicates to me that you may be German or Dutch.

[quote]Jup, just like in the West.

[postedby]Originally Posted by roger_that[/postedby]

That’s very different than in the West because if you look at the list of coursework for the MBBS degree, it happens to be EXACTLY the same courses taught in US medical schools, for the MD degree– not in undergraduate BS or graduate MS programs.

Ask any American doctor about that.

Therefore the Indian MBBS is the equivalent of a US “Medical Doctor” degree.

Their system is completely different than ours.

By the way, your use of “Jup” instead of “Yup” indicates to me that you may be German or Dutch.[/quote]

Well at least you’re right about that German or Dutch. It’s the first thing you actually have said that is true today. Furthermore, again, where are you getting all that crap ? You’re now claiming that someone in India who only studied 5 years and only has his bachelor is allowed to perform heart surgery ? :smiley: Man I wouldn’t like to have that done in India then :smiley: But of course that’s a blatant lie and I think you know that damn well too.

image upload no compression

And you do understand that MBBS actually stands for “Bachelorof_Medicine,Bachelor_of_Surgery” ??

They can perform basic surgery, but not something as advanced as heart surgery, of course.

I think HT would qualify as basic surgery, minimally invasive.

I believe Dr. Nigam has practiced in the past as a cardiologist, but that of course is not heart surgery, it’s just treating heart problems with drugs and less invasive procedures like catheterizations. I saw a talk show where Dr. Nigam said he’s performed many cardiac catheterizations.

[quote]Well at least you’re right about that German or Dutch. It’s the first thing you actually have said that is true today. Furthermore, again, where are you getting all that crap ? You’re now claiming that someone in India who only studied 5 years and only has his bachelor is allowed to perform heart surgery ?: :smiley:

I think HT would qualify as basic surgery, minimally invasive.[/quote]

And there you go. you THINK stuff but you don’t even know. Please go away with your ridiculous ‘anyone with only a bachelor can perform surgery’ crap.

Where is your proof that Dr. Nigam is not doing what he claims - in other words, where is your proof that Dr. Nigam is not really trying to find a satisfactory treatment for hair loss.

That’s all he’s claiming .

I have no idea how it is that you and your ilk are not being banned.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by myself2[/postedby]
Man, Roger_that, you’re really disappointing me. I actually thought you were smarter than JarJarBinx (well that’s not too hard but still).[/quote]

[quote]Well at least you’re right about that German or Dutch. It’s the first thing you actually have said that is true today. Furthermore, again, where are you getting all that crap ? You’re now claiming that someone in India who only studied 5 years and only has his bachelor is allowed to perform heart surgery ?: :smiley:

[postedby]Originally Posted by myself2[/postedby]

And there you go. you THINK stuff but you don’t even know. Please go away with your ‘anyone with only a bachelor can perform surgery’ crap.[/quote]

Sure, I think. I use common sense.

If Dr. Nigam were practicing medicine for this long, without the necessary qualifications, don’t you think he’d have been investigated and shut down a long time ago?

He’s very high-profile, quite a presence on the media in India.

You mean someone could be holding himself out as a doctor, doing TV commercials, TV talk shows, advertisements, etc. for that long, with a fake medical license or no medical license, and not be investigated already, and not be convicted yet?

And I’M the one who’s pulling crap out my a$$ here??! :stuck_out_tongue:

What are you talking for when you are accusing the doctor of all kinds of stuff and all of your allegations are based on what you think rather than fact.

And there you go. you THINK stuff but you don’t even know. Please go away with your ridiculous ‘anyone with only a bachelor can perform surgery’ crap.[/quote]

And there you go. you THINK stuff but you don’t even know. Please go away with your ‘anyone with only a bachelor can perform surgery’ crap.

If Dr. Nigam were practicing medicine for this long, without the necessary qualifications, don’t you think he’d have been investigated and shut down a long time ago?

You mean someone could be holding himself out as a doctor, doing TV commercials, TV talk shows, advertisements, etc. for that long, with a fake medical license or no medical license, and not be investigated already, and not be convicted yet?

And I’M the one who’s pulling crap out my a$$ here??! :-P[/quote]

This was posted by an Indian guy on BT:

Regarding Dr. Nigam’s himself, I agree with everyone regarding his lies and the claims he’s made, but I also have a slightly different perspective because I’m Indian, and lived there for many years. It’s not like the western world. India, unfortunately, is a corrupt place. There isn’t much enforceable regulation. I haven’t run into a cop that you can’t pay off, and I know that corruption worsens at the institutional level. This has created a culture of cheating, corruption, and poor ethical standards. Professionals lie all the time. But no one gives these issues the time of day when there see literally truckloads of beggars being driven by politicians for a free meal and some actual clothes at the ballot office. Unfortunately, without actual regulation, this has become the cultural norm. And these are the rules that a lot of players play ball with in order to stay competitive.

I don’t like it; I’m not supporting anyone who lies and cheats to their patients (it sickens me). But, at some level, I do think it’s possible for an untrustworthy doctor of poor integrity, who has some skills and/or knowledge, and doesn’t work within the jurisdiction of FDA/other medical regulations, to stumble across a technique that can at least improve or add value to donor regeneration.

Anyways, not disagreeing with anyone, just adding my perspective and $.02.

So what if some guy says something bad about Dr. Nigam? I don’t believe the guy and he certainly didn’t offer any proof that Dr. Nigam has done anything wrong. The loser (who’s post you copied and pasted) is a liar who is unjustifiably badmouth Dr. Nigam.

You could find someone to badmouth any doctor in America too. You could find lots of people who would badmouth anyone anywhere. A lot of people are like that. You’re like that. You have no major evidence against Dr. Nigam but you badmouth him anyway. It’s mostly peanut-gallery types who badmouth people for insufficient reason and this guy that you copied and pasted is a peanut-gallery type just like yourself

And I would point out that the punk you copied and pasted also badmouthed the entire Indian country and he also badmouthed every single Indian professional person and every cop in India and practically every person in India. He sounds like a racist to me.

And there you go. you THINK stuff but you don’t even know. Please go away with your ‘anyone with only a bachelor can perform surgery’ crap.

And I’M the one who’s pulling crap out my a$$ here??! :stuck_out_tongue:

This was posted by an Indian guy on BT:

Regarding Dr. Nigam’s himself, I agree with everyone regarding his lies and the claims he’s made, but I also have a slightly different perspective because I’m Indian, and lived there for many years. It’s not like the western world. India, unfortunately, is a corrupt place. There isn’t much enforceable regulation. I haven’t run into a cop that you can’t pay off, and I know that corruption worsens at the institutional level. This has created a culture of cheating, corruption, and poor ethical standards. Professionals lie all the time. But no one gives these issues the time of day when there see literally truckloads of beggars being driven by politicians for a free meal and some actual clothes at the ballot office. Unfortunately, without actual regulation, this has become the cultural norm. And these are the rules that a lot of players play ball with in order to stay competitive.

I don’t like it; I’m not supporting anyone who lies and cheats to their patients (it sickens me). But, at some level, I do think it’s possible for an untrustworthy doctor of poor integrity, who has some skills and/or knowledge, and doesn’t work within the jurisdiction of FDA/other medical regulations, to stumble across a technique that can at least improve or add value to donor regeneration.

Anyways, not disagreeing with anyone, just adding my perspective and $.02.[/quote]

So what when you said “I hope you’re not from America”? That sounded pretty racist to me. Or when you were insulting Didi when he said he lives in Papua New Guinea. I myself don’t care where anyone is from. As long as one operates ethically, I don’t have any problems with anyone, regardless their race and where they live. I DO have a problem though when someone claims he is a doctor, when he isn’t. When he uploades photoshopped photo’s to his website, as ‘proof’ of his technique. When he switches patients in before-after photo’s. When he pretends not to be able to make good photo’s when he actually has a professional photographer document everything in stellar quality. When he claims he’s cured hairloss while his tests actually all failed. And when he takes poor people’s money, pretending to be some wonder doctor, to sell them worthless surgeries and endangeres their lives.

roger_that really needs to step aside while Nigam’s reputation goes up in flames.

It’s a shame such a well-regarded member would buy into farce, but I can’t fault someone for being overly optimistic toward hair loss.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by Flynn[/postedby]
roger_that really needs to step aside while Nigam’s reputation goes up in flames.

It’s a shame such a well-regarded member would buy into farce, but I can’t fault someone for being overly optimistic toward hair loss.[/quote]

I’m a bit surprised too. I always thought highly of him. He made some great contributions to this forum (unlike JarJarBinx who I’ve honestly never seen post anything that made sense). I’m really surprised to see Roger_that make these kind of ‘JarJarBinx-like’ remarks here … I’m 100% sure he’s smarter than those ‘anyone with only a bachelor degree can perform surgery’ kind of remarks. That’s something I’d only expect JarJarBinx to claim.

The present attacks on Dr. Nigam are the result of him putting out black and white photos with blurring instead of the original colored photos that didn’t have blurring. That’s not sufficient reason to attack anyone. He has a side of the story. He says the original photos had coloration issues and they do. This means that if he had started out putting out the originals (with different colored hair) then you stooges would have said they were different people. So he had them developed black-and-white so the faulty coloration wouldn’t be an issue.

You stooges are making way too big of a deal over this. What he’s saying makes sense if you look at the originals and see the difference in the coloration. It’s understandable why he used black and white.

Roger_that perceives that what prompted your recent attacks is unjust. Yea, it makes one shake one’s head when one sees the photos are in black and white but if a person is reasonable and he thinks about Dr. Nigam’s explanation for why he did it then it’s understandable.

You’re getting all stirred up over nothing.

It’s a shame such a well-regarded member would buy into farce, but I can’t fault someone for being overly optimistic toward hair loss.[/quote]

That should tell you something dumb@ss. But you’re too stupid to figure that out.

It’s a shame such a well-regarded member would buy into farce, but I can’t fault someone for being overly optimistic toward hair loss.

I’m a bit surprised too. I always thought highly of him. He made some great contributions to this forum (unlike JarJarBinx who I’ve honestly never seen post anything that made sense). I’m really surprised to see Roger_that make these kind of ‘JarJarBinx-like’ remarks here … I’m 100% sure he’s smarter than those ‘anyone with only a bachelor degree can perform surgery’ kind of remarks. That’s something I’d only expect JarJarBinx to claim.[/quote]

There is another possibility that you haven’t considered. Perhaps Roger_that is smarter than I am and both he and I are smarter than you. Has that thought crossed your mind? It should have because it’s true.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by myself2[/postedby]
Man, Roger_that, you’re really disappointing me. I actually thought you were smarter than JarJarBinx (well that’s not too hard but still).[/quote]