Home | News | Find a Doctor | Ask a Question | Free

Questions to Ask Dr. Feller

Hi,
I am going to make an appointment to See Dr. Feller in NY, its only a half hour away, and I want to ask intelligent questions and have some answers from this board in advance. My hairline receding around the temples and receding in general, however I think compared to some my problem is minor. I may have some slight thinning on the top of the head, not even sure about that and wouldn’t do anything about it at this point.

My big concern is, I am 37 and does it make sense to wait until a certain age to get FUE done? should I wait till it gets worse?

Also, the temple areas are a very visible area. I would adopt a hair style where I comb everything forward in advance of any work, but how long would I need to stay out of work before I could return and it not be obvious what I had done? Thanks

I have concerns about how long I need to stay out of work too, I don’t want my co-workers to know. I would ask Feller if he needs to shave any portion of your head for the surgery. If he needs to shave your head, it means at least another 3 weeks before your hair grows out again.

Ask him what size tool he uses, I remember one of his patients complained about white dots in the donor.

Feller would not be my first choice for fue. He has very few fue results on his website.

Watch this video, this may give you some ideas what questions to ask.

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry-id-21773-page-0-category-2-order-last_answer.html

» Hi,
» I am going to make an appointment to See Dr. Feller in NY, its only a half
» hour away, and I want to ask intelligent questions and have some answers
» from this board in advance. My hairline receding around the temples and
» receding in general, however I think compared to some my problem is minor.
» I may have some slight thinning on the top of the head, not even sure about
» that and wouldn’t do anything about it at this point.
»
» My big concern is, I am 37 and does it make sense to wait until a certain
» age to get FUE done? should I wait till it gets worse?
»
» Also, the temple areas are a very visible area. I would adopt a hair style
» where I comb everything forward in advance of any work, but how long would
» I need to stay out of work before I could return and it not be obvious
» what I had done? Thanks

Dr. Feller is a good doctor. He does seem to produce more STRIP results than FUE. Given what you described, it sounds you don’t need that large a session. If you are not prepared to travel, then there is really no other option.

I had 200 grafts FUE for my temples at one point. I did grow my hair very long prior to the procedure. I was managed to camouflage both the donor and the recipient site very well post op.

If this is a real concern to you, you may want to go for smaller sessions rather than doing everything all in 1 shot. Feller offers lunch time FUE, it may work out very well for you on a Friday especially when you are only 30 mins from his clinic.