Question to Wookster about Garlic

Hey Wookster…

I have been working with garlic for some time now…
As i have previously posted garlic was the only “med” worked for me… I saw results.

What i have been doing is smashing garlic and place it on the head for about 15 minutes max… If you leave it more you will burn your head.

The bad thing is garlic odor remains on your head… and that is a problem.

Have you been able to experiment with garlic? Have you found any ways to avoid / remove this odor?

Any suggestions / comments are more than welcomed…

» Hey Wookster…
»
» I have been working with garlic for some time now…
» As i have previously posted garlic was the only “med” worked for me… I
» saw results.
»
» What i have been doing is smashing garlic and place it on the head for
» about 15 minutes max… If you leave it more you will burn your head.
»
» The bad thing is garlic odor remains on your head… and that is a
» problem.
»
» Have you been able to experiment with garlic? Have you found any ways to
» avoid / remove this odor?
»
» Any suggestions / comments are more than welcomed…

i know that when garlic is taken internally, they use i believe garlic and parsley together and this removes the garlic odor in the breath, but not sure if this works externally

»
»
» I have been working with garlic for some time now…
» As i have previously posted garlic was the only “med” worked for me… I
» saw results.
»
» »
» Any suggestions / comments are more than welcomed…

Maybe you will find this helpfull.This is what one poster wrote about garlic:

‘’ I mentioned this before but I heard from a morrocan guy, who said his father regrew hair on his bald spot after a traditional treatment with razor blades and garlic…Basically they made a lot of small cuts on the bald spot and rubbed this in with chrushed garlic (wound was left open). So I think this would probaby cause a wound somewhat similar to the one mentioned in the article, don’t know what the benefit of the garlic would be… perhaps it leaves the wound open longer, increases bloodflow, disinfects or ups wnt protein signalling somehow, .

Anyway if I understood the article correctly the wnt proteins are already present naturally (though increasing them would be better indeed). So this treatment could (in theory) already work, you just need a razor blade and be a little crazy. ‘’

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/viewtopic-f-32-t-42589-p-397941.html#p397941

Imor, how long have you been doing this? What results do you exactly obtain?

» Imor, how long have you been doing this? What results do you exactly
» obtain?

The first time I started, I was doing it for about 5 - 6 months.
I was able to restore the part where you first start losing your hair (between the front and middle part of the scalp, sometimes they symbol this area with the number 3 if you symbol the hairline with 1 and the temples with 2).

What you have to do is smash 2 garlic “cubes “(still haven’t found an efficient way) and then spread it all over your upper area of your scalp. Then cover / close your head with a supermarket bag for better absorption… Do NOT leave the garlic more than 15 minutes, because you will burn your skin!

Once a week for 15 min.

That is what I did. I saw Results which I didn’t see with rogain, dut, spironolactone and many more……

The only bad bad bad thing is that you smell like a garlic….
I started again, and I am trying to find a way to eliminate this bad smell. I place smashed oranges and apples on my head the same way I do with garlic for an hour… but is not enough.

I am still searching…

imor…you said that you saw Results with garlic…what kind of results are we talking about? 5-10 new hair per cm2? did you regrow any hair on your temples?

» imor…you said that you saw Results with garlic…what kind of results are
» we talking about? 5-10 new hair per cm2? did you regrow any hair on your
» temples?

This is an old post, do not know if any body will notice. ( I will give it try)

As i said before i was able to to restore the part where you first start losing your hair (between the front and middle part of the scalp, sometimes they symbol this area with the number 3 if you symbol the hairline with 1 and the temples with 2). When i say restore, i mean 60 - 80 % of the original density.

Just to mention that i started again with garlic (First week) already applied it twice. I can see better hair text already.

Still i am facing problems smashing the garlic and bad odor…

» Just to mention that i started again with garlic (First week) already
» applied it twice. I can see better hair text already.
»
» Still i am facing problems smashing the garlic and bad odor…

when you stopped did you lose the new hair growth?

Also, since its your first week, Can you take few pics now? so others on the board have a better idea about before and after. Thanks!

i do know that tomato juice does remove onion odor, it could also work for garlic, or apple cider vinegar could work too. As for the ‘razor blade’ method, i dont think the razor is meant to cut the skin per se, just shaving ones head leaves the scalp very raw and vulnerable to irritation. Irritating the scalp has shown to help in hair regrowth. So in theory, shaving your head then rubbing garlic would be efficient, without the need to actually make small cuts.

» i do know that tomato juice does remove onion odor, it could also work for
» garlic, or apple cider vinegar could work too. As for the ‘razor blade’
» method, i dont think the razor is meant to cut the skin per se, just
» shaving ones head leaves the scalp very raw and vulnerable to irritation.
» Irritating the scalp has shown to help in hair regrowth. So in theory,
» shaving your head then rubbing garlic would be efficient, without the need
» to actually make small cuts.

ApeSmith you are very right.
That is what was the case when i first started.
I had my hair saved #2 and garlic was applied to all thinning areas efficiently.
I will try to find some pictures in order to show…

Now my hair is longer (cause i am trying to hide AGA) so it will be a little bit difficult to achieve the same efficiency.
Despite that i am trying to find a way to smash the garlic down into a cream level…

»when you stopped did you lose the new hair growth?
»
»Also, since its your first week, Can you take few pics now? so others on the »board have a better idea
»about before and after. Thanks!

Goata007, yes when i stopped i lost the hair again since the blood supply went back to normal. BUT it was not like loosing the affect of the garlic but like natural shedding all over again (i mean naturally, not as ex. Rogaine in 1 month)

I will take pictures and post.

Just for your information, beside the increase of the skin’s topical blood supply garlic contains alliin, ajoene, enzymes, vitamin B, minerals, and flavonoids which are very fast absorbed by the skin and blood.

The good news are that i have managed to lower the bad odor remaining INSIDE the skin. I am still working on it thought.

well, you could invest in one of those blender type things, it gives you options like, chopping, dicing and all the way to paste. I am wondering if its primarily the ingredients of garlic that help hair growth or a combination of ingredients and its ‘spicy’ irritating nature. If its just the ingredients, then those garlic extract capsules should also work.

» well, you could invest in one of those blender type things, it gives you
» options like, chopping, dicing and all the way to paste. I am wondering if
» its primarily the ingredients of garlic that help hair growth or a
» combination of ingredients and its ‘spicy’ irritating nature. If its just
» the ingredients, then those garlic extract capsules should also work.

I believe it is both (ingredients + Blood Supply).
I have thinking about using the blender but the amount used is small… I will give it a shoot.

Just check the following…

“When crushed, Allium sativum yields allicin, a powerful antibiotic and anti-fungal compound (phytoncide). However due to poor bioavailability it is of limited use for oral consumption. It also contains alliin, ajoene, enzymes, vitamin B, minerals, and flavonoids.” Wikipedia.

“One should learn to manage the DHT in our bodies. What we eat determines to a great extent the level of DHT in our bodies. One should cut down on animal fats. A proper diet would include a lot of fiber, which is available in fruits and vegetables. Doctors also recommend anti-prostrate foods, like soy products, rice, green and yellow vegetables, oysters, bran, pulses, garlic, pumpkin seeds, etc.”
http://ezinearticles.com/?Testosterone-and-Prostrate-Cancer---Understanding-Mens-Health&id=554869

More research is need thought.

» » well, you could invest in one of those blender type things, it gives you
» » options like, chopping, dicing and all the way to paste. I am wondering
» if
» » its primarily the ingredients of garlic that help hair growth or a
» » combination of ingredients and its ‘spicy’ irritating nature. If its
» just
» » the ingredients, then those garlic extract capsules should also work.
»
I believe it is both (ingredients + Blood Supply).
I have thinking about using the blender but the amount used is small… I
will give it a shoot.

Just check the following…

“When crushed, Allium sativum yields allicin, a powerful antibiotic and
anti-fungal compound (phytoncide). However due to poor bioavailability it
is of limited use for oral consumption. It also contains alliin, ajoene,
enzymes, vitamin B, minerals, and flavonoids.” Wikipedia.

“One should learn to manage the DHT in our bodies. What we eat determines
to a great extent the level of DHT in our bodies. One should cut down on
animal fats. A proper diet would include a lot of fiber, which is
available in fruits and vegetables. Doctors also recommend anti-prostrate
foods, like soy products, rice, green and yellow vegetables, oysters,
bran, pulses, garlic, pumpkin seeds, etc.”
http://ezinearticles.com/?Testosterone-and-Prostrate-Cancer---Understanding-Mens-Health&id=554869

More research is need thought.

My guess is that it is the Allicin that is produced by crushing/cutting the garlic. Unfortunatley, Allicin degrades to nothing in a matter of a few days. Therefore, garlic extract capsules would be of zero benefit. Allicin is a fairly remarkable compond that acts as an antioxidant and also wards off bacteria and fungi. You HAVE to use fresh garlic to see any improvement. Don’t be fooled by claims on a bottle of capsules.

» My guess is that it is the Allicin that is produced by crushing/cutting the
» garlic. Unfortunatley, Allicin degrades to nothing in a matter of a few
» days. Therefore, garlic extract capsules would be of zero benefit. Allicin
» is a fairly remarkable compond that acts as an antioxidant and also wards
» off bacteria and fungi. You HAVE to use fresh garlic to see any
» improvement. Don’t be fooled by claims on a bottle of capsules.

Jtelecom, I don’t refer to capsules and pills… I am talking about real garlic applied on scalp.

imor:

Perhaps you don’t understand the format of this forum. If you will notice, I was replying to Apesmith.

» imor:
»
» Perhaps you don’t understand the format of this forum. If you will notice,
» I was replying to Apesmith.

Jtelecom, my apologies…

Imor:

I am interested in the garlic thing, but see that it may be troublesome to pulverize the garlic fine enough to apply. What is your method?

» Imor:
»
» I am interested in the garlic thing, but see that it may be troublesome to
» pulverize the garlic fine enough to apply. What is your method?

This lady uses a ‘garlic press’, a utensil one can by in most stores i suppose.

It is funny how I have searched on garlic + hair and came across many different websites with the SAME “recipe” for the garlic hair treatment. I truly believe that the ONLY ingredient that is useful is the garlic. I am not sure why they would add honey, chamomile, aloe, etc. to the mix - probably for show. They all sound like good, natural things, but probably have little, if any, benefit. I would not waste my time with the other ingredients and just apply the raw garlic.