Question to any of the fue/bht docs

Could you tell me what your experience has been with performing FUE/BHT’s on women? Did the BHT’s take or is it a waste of time and money for a woman to have this done? Thanks.

Alex

Heck, I honestly have never seen BHT performed on a woman. Good question. I believe FUE is really good for women… and have seen it performed over and over on women.

» Could you tell me what your experience has been with performing FUE/BHT’s
» on women? Did the BHT’s take or is it a waste of time and money for a
» woman to have this done? Thanks.
»
» Alex

IMHO, I don’t see why it would be any worse for a woman than a man except for the obvious. The obvious being that there isn’t as much body hair on a woman as a man.

exactly.

» Could you tell me what your experience has been with performing FUE/BHT’s
» on women? Did the BHT’s take or is it a waste of time and money for a
» woman to have this done? Thanks.
»
» Alex

Why can’t you use your regular scalp hair as donor ?

» » Could you tell me what your experience has been with performing
» FUE/BHT’s
» » on women? Did the BHT’s take or is it a waste of time and money for a
» » woman to have this done? Thanks.
» »
» » Alex
»
» Why can’t you use your regular scalp hair as donor ?

Hi John. Since some women lose hair all over (diffuse thinning), I didn’t want to take the chance of bad hair being transplanted. In fact, I think that may be one of the reasons why three transplants haven’t filled in the top of my head yet. They just aren’t surviving for some reason. My hair is now thickening up in the back and sides. Of course, its still not want I want, but I think i can thicken them up more by using extensions. There just isn’t an “extension” out there for the top that isn’t noticeable. I was thinking I could use pubic hair. Does anyone know if pubic hair has a different DNA than head hair? I thought Body Hair grows long once its transplanted to the head … or am I mistaken here? How long can it grow?

» » » Could you tell me what your experience has been with performing
» » FUE/BHT’s
» » » on women? Did the BHT’s take or is it a waste of time and money for
» a
» » » woman to have this done? Thanks.
» » »
» » » Alex
» »
» » Why can’t you use your regular scalp hair as donor ?
»
» Hi John. Since some women lose hair all over (diffuse thinning), I didn’t
» want to take the chance of bad hair being transplanted. In fact, I think
» that may be one of the reasons why three transplants haven’t filled in the
» top of my head yet. They just aren’t surviving for some reason. My hair
» is now thickening up in the back and sides. Of course, its still not want
» I want, but I think i can thicken them up more by using extensions. There
» just isn’t an “extension” out there for the top that isn’t noticeable. I
» was thinking I could use pubic hair. Does anyone know if pubic hair has a
» different DNA than head hair? I thought Body Hair grows long once its
» transplanted to the head … or am I mistaken here? How long can it
» grow?

Most/Some docs feel the length of the transplanted hair would grow a little longer than its native place (chest,legs etc, but not indefinetly long). so id imagine pubic hair also to grow a little longer than what it grows in the pubic area. (Thats just my opinion not backed up by any results)

» » » Could you tell me what your experience has been with performing
» » FUE/BHT’s
» » » on women? Did the BHT’s take or is it a waste of time and money for
» a
» » » woman to have this done? Thanks.
» » »
» » » Alex
» »
» » Why can’t you use your regular scalp hair as donor ?
»
» Hi John. Since some women lose hair all over (diffuse thinning), I didn’t
» want to take the chance of bad hair being transplanted. In fact, I think
» that may be one of the reasons why three transplants haven’t filled in the
» top of my head yet. They just aren’t surviving for some reason. My hair
» is now thickening up in the back and sides. Of course, its still not want
» I want, but I think i can thicken them up more by using extensions. There
» just isn’t an “extension” out there for the top that isn’t noticeable. I
» was thinking I could use pubic hair. Does anyone know if pubic hair has a
» different DNA than head hair? I thought Body Hair grows long once its
» transplanted to the head … or am I mistaken here? How long can it
» grow?

Body hair is best used as “filler”. If it does grow long, it’s a bonus.

Alex,

Diffuse thinning is usually not a good candidate for hair transplant. There is a chance that you actually experienced shock loss after your previous procedures, hence you didn’t see much of a net gain.

Anyway, it is hard to offer any solid advice without seeing some pictures. If you can email or upload some pics, I can also get different doctors review your case.

How is your hair extension being attached? By glue or by means of weaving? Either way is not recommended. The more you tease your existing hair, the more likely they are to fall out. Weaving can cause traction alopecia which can be permanent. As for glue or liquid adhesives, even though most companies claim they are medical grade, nobody really know how they will affect our follicles when used over an extended period of time.

Here’s what Dr. Woods (inventor of body hair transplant) said about BHT, it might be helpful:

WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET

"When considering a body hair procedure, I urge you to look at your body hair.

Examine it carefully.

Although body hair , when transplanted to the scalp, will “usually” increase in length, the degree of increase is dependent upon where it came from and how long and robust it was.

Although it is usually packed more densely , fundamentally WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU WILL GET.

Furthermore, certain parts of the body are prone to much higher transection rates. So when looking at fresh photos, never assume the red dots you see on the body represent intact follicles, or that dots on the recipient area will produce hair.

So when someone as astute as SKYWALKER did the research, he probably found that all those early intra op photos of thousands of red dots on some guys body wound up producing very little

And if after shots did show something, was it regrowth of pre existing hair ?
Were the photos manipulated ?

And how many promising cases “disappeared” , no results ever seen despite the initial publicity.

In calling BHT “hype”, Skywalker is right insofar as the inundation of the forum with shameless publicity stunts , manipulated photos and inhouse cheer squads.

I also cannot believe that Skywalker has not seen enough genuine results to realise that BHT is an incredible resource when done correctly.

And doing this job correctly is extremely long and demanding, and leaves little time or inclination to compete with those flooding the forum with publicity grabbing hype.

I hope Skywalker leaves the forum understanding this. Otherwise I sincerely wish him the best.

Dr Ray Woods"