Question for the Natural

Hey,

I just had a couple questions about your regimen...     If you were to just take the curcumin/resv combo, and nothing else, do you think your hairloss would still remain stable? Also was wondering if you ever got any sexual sides as I know curcumin has shown to have some anti-androgenic properties as well as fo-ti which I also see in your regimen..    Do you think fo-ti is crucial to your success?

Do you know of any other people besides your self that have had success halting their loss with the curc/resv combo? I am taking a supp. right now that contains 175 mg of turmeric extract and was wondering if I started taking the amount you prescribe of curc/resv how long it would take for me to stabilize my loss? Should I expect any thickening or just halting of loss? I have also been taking toco-sorb but I am at a point right now where I can only afford a couple things hence my question about the curc/resv stand alone… Thanks!

holyflea,

In short, my hair loss did not stop for an extended period of time (almost three years now), until I took resveratrol and curcumin. The other items in my regimen, though indirectly beneficial, can not stop one’s hair loss, in my opinion.

My libido has increased since beginning this combination. Curcumin, by the way, is used to treat sufferers of gynecomastia. Fo ti has never given me any side effects that I am aware of. I use Fo ti for my knees (sports injury), not necessarily for my hair.

There are posters here and at ImmortalHair’s forum using curcumin and resveratrol, who stated that their hair loss slowed and/or stopped completely. The problem is that these posters also use other supplements, so I can not attribute their success to just curcumin/resveratrol as in my case.

Based upon my experience, if you begin this herbal combination, I’d look for an improvement in your scalp’s condition within a couple of weeks - a month (e.g. less dandruff, less itchiness). Your hair loss should also slow. By the second or third month, your hair loss should be significantly less and may even stop altogether. And you, subsequently, may experience some regrowth. Though, any regrowth that is achieved will probably be light, thin hair.

The other supplements in my regimen have served to thicken this regrown hair.

First and foremost, however, is the stopping of hair loss. I believe that curcumin and resveratrol can help you accomplish this by themselves, without Toco-Sorb.

Hope this helps,
TN

Thanks for the reply,

So just to clarify again.. Taking JUST these 2 things could have the potential to halt my loss? Could you explain the amounts you are taking as well as what brands?   Is the 175mg of the turmeric extract Im taking right now enough? 

Oh, and when you started taking this combination were you taking anything else at the time that could have been contributing to it’s success or are you sure it was just the curc/resv?

And did you experience any thickening a long with the stop in hair loss?

Thanks so much!

Found this post from a guy on HLH using the combo… Has me a little apprehensive…

biodisponible" curcimin + resveratrol gave me the same side effects than propecia

testicules pain erectil troubles dectease of libido

please try …side effects was higher

i really think this combo is effectiv to decrease dht

» Thanks for the reply,
»
» So just to clarify again… Taking JUST these 2 things could have the
» potential to halt my loss? Could you explain the amounts you are taking as
» well as what brands? Is the 175mg of the turmeric extract Im taking right
» now enough?
»
» Oh, and when you started taking this combination were you taking anything
» else at the time that could have been contributing to it’s success or are
» you sure it was just the curc/resv?
»
» And did you experience any thickening a long with the stop in hair loss?
»
» Thanks so much!

Yes, I have written about this many times over the past three years. An Italian clinical study which examined the effect of curcumin/resveratrol on male pattern baldness has been posted as well.

When my hair loss stopped completely, I was taking only Jarrow’s resveratrol, curcumin, and tocotrienols (Toco-Sorb). Note that I have since dropped the tocotrienols, and my hair loss has not returned.

“Thickening” came after adding the other supplements to my regimen.

TN

Thanks for dealing with all my questions. Im not the best with the search function so I really appreciate it.

Could you please explain the amounts you are taking of each? And what is your take on the above poster’s reaction to the combo in regards to sides?

Thanks again man.

» Thanks for dealing with all my questions. Im not the best with the search
» function so I really appreciate it.
»
»
» Could you please explain the amounts you are taking of each? And what is
» your take on the above poster’s reaction to the combo in regards to sides?
»
»
» Thanks again man.

If I recall correctly, in the beginning, I started out with one capsule of (Jarrow’s) curcumin and one (Jarrow’s) capsule of resveratrol. You may look up these at your leisure, as I don’t recall the exact amount per capsule. I later progressed to two capsules of each daily, but found that this did not produce better results, so I eventually returned to one per day.

The only side effects from this combination that I am familiar with are diarrhea (by resveratrol), constipation (by curcumin). Until now, I cannot remember ever reading that one’s libido decreased while using these herbs. Again, people use curcumin to treat gynecomastia (enlarged male breasts). And in my experience and readings (of countless posts), this combination, especially the whole root extracts (turmeric, Japanese knotweed) from which curcumin and resveratrol are derived, will increase one’s libido.

TN