Question for NW5+ folks...especially baccy

As you probably know I’m NW6 myself. One thing I’ve noticed is that almost my entire scalp in the NW1-2 area has a different consistency/texture - it’s more shiny there too. Try raising your eyebrows…bringing them down and repeat the process and you should see that as well. So do you guys have that same condition too?

Baccy have peels or copper peptides helped with this? has anything made your scalp thicker?

» As you probably know I’m NW6 myself. One thing I’ve noticed is that almost
» my entire scalp in the NW1-2 area has a different consistency/texture -
» it’s more shiny there too. Try raising your eyebrows…bringing them down
» and repeat the process and you should see that as well. So do you guys have
» that same condition too?
»
» Baccy have peels or copper peptides helped with this? has anything made
» your scalp thicker?

The scalp does tend to be tighter and shinier there. It does seem to be more flexible and less shiny after my latest peeling experiments. The shininess, although annoying to me, is normal as there are no hair shafts to conduct the natural oils.

It’s more than just lack of hairs.

There are changes in the scalp skin by the time severe MPB has really wiped out all the hair growth. It’s shinier, tighter, oilier, and I think it’s actually a bit thinner.

As far as I know, this skin changing process has not proved permanent and irreversible though. Stick a bunch of transplanted follicles into the area, and it eventually reverts to its original pre-MPB situation to nourish them. I haven’t read anything about ultimate transplant limitations in these areas being lower than in healthier skin.

Although I remember reading at least one of the major HT clinics had a policy of not fully dense-packing an area like this in a single first HT session. They’d do a first pass with only partial or 2/3rds of the final density they wanted in the area, and then finish the packing on a later HT pass at least 9 months or year later. They said this seemed to help improve the graft survival.

Thanks for the info cal!