Question for Jarjarbinx about Histogen

Jarjarbinx, we agree Histogen’s HSC can grow hair. One would think the more the product is used, the more hair it could grow.

Why do you think Histogen is not recommending, or testing, daily injections or weekly injections of HSC, for say 6 months to a year, or indefinitely until the patient’s hair is regrown to the desired thickness?

Why do you think they haven’t tested a protocol of weekly injections?

Please answer the question directly with an answer that addresses what I’m asking.

» Jarjarbinx, we agree Histogen’s HSC can grow hair. One would think the
» more the product is used, the more hair it could grow.
»
» Why do you think Histogen is not recommending, or testing, daily injections
» or weekly injections of HSC, for say 6 months to a year, or indefinitely
» until the patient’s hair is regrown to the desired thickness?
»
» Why do you think they haven’t tested a protocol of weekly injections?
»
» Please answer the question directly with an answer that addresses what I’m
» asking.

I honestly believe they thought it wouldn’t make any difference if they did more injection dates. As I told you before they seemed genuinely surprised that repeat injections made a difference. I heard their voices and they were really surprised. I’m hoping that now that they see that their treatment may be compoundable they will consider doing more than just one extra injection date.

I sent them an email asking them to do more repeat injections. I asked them to do at least 3, and as many as 6, injection dates over a 6 month period.

Judging but their latest results I don’t think it would take weekly injections to get back a full head of hair. You would not need more than once-monthly injections for 6 months or even once every 6 weeks for 6 months or 7 months.

» I honestly believe they thought it wouldn’t make any difference if they did
» more injection dates. As I told you before they seemed genuinely surprised
» that repeat injections made a difference. I heard their voices and they
» were really surprised. I’m hoping that now that they see that their
» treatment may be compoundable they will consider doing more than just one
» extra injection date.

So do you see how that gives us two possibilities?

You start from the assumption that HSC has no toxicity to speak of.

If the product is not toxic, but its effects are compoundable, then that should imply that “the more the better”, and that would mean they should test daily or weekly injections. But somehow this alternative didn’t occur to them?!!

OK, then the other possibility is a bit worse. That possibility is that its effects are NOT compoundable. That would mean that repeat injections wouldn’t really have an impact. You get as much hair from the first 1 or 2 injections as you’re EVER going to get from HSC.

That would be pretty disappointing, then, because – although we’ve seen that HSC does grow hair – it’s not a spectacular amount. One or two rounds of injections probably won’t change your Norwood rating by more than about 0.5, or 1.0 at the very most in a small percentage of select people. So if the effects are not compoundable, then it’s a mediocre treatment at best.

As I see it, if the stuff is not toxic, there are there are no other possibilities.

It can only either be compoundable or not compoundable. If it’s compoundable, but not toxic, then they not only should, they MUST change the dosing regimen to daily or weekly dosing!

Anyone arguing against that idea would be conceding the stuff is probably toxic in a “normal” dosing regimen (e.g., like daily dosing for Propecia or Minoxidil). You may not want to wrap your head around that thought, you may not be capable of it. But that has to be the conclusion.

The answers to your questions roger_that, are simple. They are afraid to do multiple injections, in case it causes any undesirable effects which will likely prevent it gaining a license.

They already have a product that works and you make more money with partially effective treatments in all areas of medicine, than you do if you cure something.

It’s likely, they will be tweaking or diluting the effects of the current single injection so you have to keep visiting a physician with your American express or Visa card on a regular basis, to maintain your hair, this is what will happen.

» The answers to your questions roger_that, are simple. They are afraid to do
» multiple injections, in case it causes any undesirable effects which will
» likely prevent it gaining a license.
»
» They already have a product that works and you make more money with
» partially effective treatments in all areas of medicine, than you do if you
» cure something.
»
» It’s likely, they will be tweaking or diluting the effects of the current
» single injection so you have to keep visiting a physician with your
» American express or Visa card on a regular basis, to maintain your hair,
» this is what will happen.

Yes, just like an acne or wrinkle treatment that did a really amazing job would be diluted down to produce another forgettable product that makes a barely noticeable difference.

And braces that straighten teeth just make your teeth marginally less crooked than they already are, as long as you keep paying for something constantly for the rest of your life.

Etc.

» The answers to your questions roger_that, are simple. They are afraid to do
» multiple injections, in case it causes any undesirable effects which will
» likely prevent it gaining a license.

Bingo, Nemoshark! You are exactly right!

» » The answers to your questions roger_that, are simple. They are afraid to
» do
» » multiple injections, in case it causes any undesirable effects which
» will
» » likely prevent it gaining a license.
»
» Bingo, Nemoshark! You are exactly right!

I don’t agree with that assessment. I think that they don’t know for sure how much is needed and it’s not a good idea to apply too much of any medicine. Aspirin is perfectly safe but if you take too much it will kill you. So it’s not really one thing (safety concerns) but rather two concerns. If they used more than they need to use just for sh!ts and giggles then that would be highly unprofessional and unscientific.

They are still trying to find the correct effective dose without using more than they need to use. There is a balancing act involved.

If they were terrified of toxicity then they would not be increasing the dose and increasing the number of injection dates but they have done both of these things. And they may increase the dose more and they may also add even more injection dates. They started out with one injection date and now they are at 2 injection dates. Let’s see if they go to 3 or 4 injection dates for the next study. They may.

But then again, they may decide not to bother because all they really need to do is prove that they can grow hair and they are already growing hair at the dosing and frequency they are using.

» » The answers to your questions roger_that, are simple. They are afraid to
» do
» » multiple injections, in case it causes any undesirable effects which
» will
» » likely prevent it gaining a license.
» »
» » They already have a product that works and you make more money with
» » partially effective treatments in all areas of medicine, than you do if
» you
» » cure something.
» »
» » It’s likely, they will be tweaking or diluting the effects of the
» current
» » single injection so you have to keep visiting a physician with your
» » American express or Visa card on a regular basis, to maintain your hair,
» » this is what will happen.
»
» Yes, just like an acne or wrinkle treatment that did a really amazing job
» would be diluted down to produce another forgettable product that makes a
» barely noticeable difference.
»
» And braces that straighten teeth just make your teeth marginally less
» crooked than they already are, as long as you keep paying for something
» constantly for the rest of your life.
»
» Etc.

Cal, your analogies are somewhat inappropriate, look at how for 20 years men had to rub a partially effective greasy oily solution on their heads (Rogaine/minoxidil) Oh and just when the patent runs out for that product and along with it the financial exclusivity for its sale, the company comes up with another patent to apply the same drug in a foam which is easier to use and with it another 20 years of financial exclusivity for Rogaine. This is how business works it could have been put in a foam in the 80s…

Just one single injection of histogen apparently had positive effects and improvement of hair growth well after 12 months of a single injection, there’s more money to be made from diluting the potency of it. And that’s a fact.

If you think that histogen or more importantly histogens investors can make more money from selling you lets just say 3 injections, which you have to have over 1 month for optimal long lasting effects, more so than they could if they diluted the strength of the injections to the point where you have to buy lots of injections each week for a period of 2 or more years for the same effects then you are crazy…