Putting Body Hair into Donor - Dr Umar? Dr Cole?

Hi All,

If Head FUE provides better coverage than Body Hair then why not max out your Head donor untill it is quite thin and then fill it up with Body Hair?

With Body Hair likely to grow shorter than Head hair in the scalp then it is better used in the Head donor area where hair is generally kept shorter anyway.

1. Dr Umar - Do u offer this procedure and do u have any patient photos who have had this done?

2. Dr Cole - i know u offer this (FIT farming) - my question to Dr Cole, Dr Umar and everyone else is:

-----Placing hair in between existing hair in the recipient has a high chance of causing shockloss. Wouldn’t there be a very high chance of shockloss in the donor via FIT farming or equivalent procedure as you are placing hair in between existing hair???---------

» Hi All,
»
» If Head FUE provides better coverage than Body Hair then why not max out
» your Head donor untill it is quite thin and then fill it up with Body
» Hair?
»
» With Body Hair likely to grow shorter than Head hair in the scalp then it
» is better used in the Head donor area where hair is generally kept shorter
» anyway.
»
» 1) Dr Umar - Do u offer this procedure and do u have any patient photos
» who have had this done?
»
» 2) Dr Cole - i know u offer this (FIT farming) - my question to Dr Cole,
» Dr Umar and everyone else is:
»
» -----Placing hair in between existing hair in the recipient has a high
» chance of causing shockloss. Wouldn’t there be a very high chance of
» shockloss in the donor via FIT farming or equivalent procedure as you are
» placing hair in between existing hair???---------

With FIT farming, the scalp donor hair is taken out. Then a body hair graft takes its place immediately, before the donor area is healed. This does not cause shock loss.

If you transplant around existing hairs, there is a chance of shock loss when you make a new site with a needle or blade. If you are extracting with a punch or FIT extraction instrument and replacing the hair you just took out, there is little chance of shock loss.

Does that help?

Hi Jessica,

Yes, that helps in the understanding, thanks!

On average what is the average growth percentage of FIT farming?

Thanks once again.

Anybody had any experience with FIT Farming? And is Dr Cole the only Dr who offers this procedure?

» Hi Jessica,
»
» Yes, that helps in the understanding, thanks!
»
» On average what is the average growth percentage of FIT farming?

The growth percentage is similar to that of BHT overall. For anagen hairs transplanted at lower densities, this is 60-90% typically over the course of one year. Additional delayed growth can also occur.

Quote from Dr. Cole:

“We did a fit farm study comparing one region no fit farm to one region
fit farm. The difference was amazing. The fit farm side looked
significantly better. hairs are a little finer initially with fit farm,
but the area looks much better.”