Home | News | Find a Doctor | Ask a Question | Free

Purchased Lasercomb, will record experience

I recently bought a Lasercomb, and I thought I’d record my experience with it here. I’ll update monthly.

About me:

Began losing my hair at 18 (now 31), but I got on minoxidil and finasteride early, and have been able to maintain a cosmetically full (that is, it looks full, but isn’t) head of hair. Recently, I’ve noticed a lot of shedding and my hair is visibly (though not significantly) thin when styled, so I thought I better branch out in my treatments. I am 31 years old and otherwise very fit.

I would characterize myself as a poor responder to monoxidil (I’ve never noticed any new growth on it, but I stay on it just in case), and an average responder to finasteride (again, never noticed any growth, but the hair I have is probably a testament to it, as I’m sure I’d be a NW4-5 by now without it). I am a diffuse thinner with a mature hairline (that is, no recession or reduction at the hairline or temples other than what is normal for a mature, non-balding adult male), but frontal thinning.

Current Regiment:

Minoxidil foam 2x a day
Proscar 2.5 mg 1x a day
Nettle/Saw Palmetto/Beta Sitosterol/Pygeum suppliment (Nature’s Benefit Prostate formula multi)

As a note, the herbal addition to my regiment is new and may contribute to any percieved benefit.

The comb is expensive, and I find it hard to see how they justify the cost. Its little more than a piece of plastic with a few lasers and two buttons. If laserpointers are basically free these days, I don’t know why this thing is so costly.

It is also not easy to use. You must use it 3 times a week for 15 minutes at a time, and it is a little inconvenient. You don’t simply run it through your hair like a comb, rather you hold it on your scalp for 4 seconds at a time, constantly moving it about your head (they recomend a front to back and side to side pattern). It think it would be much more useful if it were designed like a cap that one could put on their head (but I guess that would require more lasers, and presumably more expense).

Home | News | Find a Doctor | Ask a Question | Terms of Use & Privacy

This is an advertising site for paid advertisers to showcase successful hair restoration results only. It is not the mandate of this site to engage in the discussion of failed, unsuccessful procedures, lawsuits, litigations, refunds or complaint cases. Surgical hair restoration procedures carry risks. Please do thorough research, consult your own physician and investigate a doctor's background carefully before making a decision. By proceeding to use our site, you agree to abide by our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy at http://hairsite.com/terms-of-use/ where you can also find a list of HairSite's sponsoring physicians.