Purchase hair transplant business - Aderans Group

Acquisition of the Business will present further benefits to the Group when
HAIR REGENERATION procedures currently under study in the United States move into the commercialization stage . The Business will support greater access to the market,
which in turn should underpin a sizable improvement in the corporate value of the
Group.

See link
http://www.aderans.co.jp/e/company/investors/images/pdf/20070502e.pdf

» Acquisition of the Business will present further benefits to the Group
» when
» HAIR REGENERATION procedures currently under study in the United States
» move into the commercialization stage . The Business will support greater
» access to the market,
» which in turn should underpin a sizable improvement in the corporate value
» of the
» Group.
»
» See link
» http://www.aderans.co.jp/e/company/investors/images/pdf/20070502e.pdf

Very interesting!

I had my original transplant from Dr. Levitt (he runs MHR now I believe) and was happy with the outcome…got a good yield although the hairline was not as good as todays hairlines, but that was 17 years ago…I would be happy if he were involved in the HM from Anderans…although I dont know anything about MHR, I had my transplant with Dr. Levitt before MHR was around

» I had my original transplant from Dr. Levitt (he runs MHR now I believe)
» and was happy with the outcome…got a good yield although the hairline
» was not as good as todays hairlines, but that was 17 years ago…I would
» be happy if he were involved in the HM from Anderans…although I dont
» know anything about MHR, I had my transplant with Dr. Levitt before MHR
» was around

Aderans will have the two biggest HT mills in the US, which gives them the infrastructure to go hog wild if they can come up with a HM protocol. It doesn’t matter much if they exercise their ICX option or use their own protocol, if HM can be developed, the company will make a lot of money. The good part about that is once HM is released, it will be everywhere fast. The bad part is that US FDA trials are still no where in sight. In light of the fact that ARI began talks with the FDA quite some time ago, I have to wonder why the FDA has held them up? Maybe JTR is right about certain anti-HM interests making some trouble there? It is odd to me that they have chosen to move their phase I study over to England after having made a clear effort with the FDA to begin it in the U.S.

1. Ive said it again and again and again: the FDA is likely to be slow concerning HM because it is a new kind of therapy for a condition that is “merely cosmetic” (their opinion, not mine).

2. If Aderans wants to be acquired, that makes me nervous at heck. Whenever a company is acquired, the new owners make substantial changes–and if the new owners don’t believe in HM, they could scrap it.

» » I had my original transplant from Dr. Levitt (he runs MHR now I believe)
» » and was happy with the outcome…got a good yield although the
» hairline
» » was not as good as todays hairlines, but that was 17 years ago…I
» would
» » be happy if he were involved in the HM from Anderans…although I dont
» » know anything about MHR, I had my transplant with Dr. Levitt before MHR
» » was around
»
» Aderans will have the two biggest HT mills in the US, which gives them the
» infrastructure to go hog wild if they can come up with a HM protocol. It
» doesn’t matter much if they exercise their ICX option or use their own
» protocol, if HM can be developed, the company will make a lot of money.
» The good part about that is once HM is released, it will be everywhere
» fast. The bad part is that US FDA trials are still no where in sight. In
» light of the fact that ARI began talks with the FDA quite some time ago, I
» have to wonder why the FDA has held them up? Maybe JTR is right about
» certain anti-HM interests making some trouble there? It is odd to me that
» they have chosen to move their phase I study over to England after having
» made a clear effort with the FDA to begin it in the U.S.

Aderans moving HM trials to England is troubling. However, just imagine guys if ICX has pretty good success in either this trial or the next trial next year, and gets to release a protocol somewhere.

Men flying from all over the world to some juristiction in Europe (or even a cruise ship docked somewhere in International waters), paying about 10K a head to get full heads of hair back. News stories ensue. Men walk in offices who have been bald for two decades all of a sudden with a pretty decent head of hair. Do you think the FDA would be under some pressure to approve HM here? Think men might be calling their congressman and senator telling him they wished the didn’t have to fly to X to get HM, but they are going anyway. A lot of lost tax revenue…

I’d say that if they can come up with a pretty darn tootin’ working product, it will sell very well, even if men have to fly somewhere to get it done. HT’s would shrivel, and the docs wouldn’t be making much money anymore anyway. The FDA’s hand would kind of be pushed into approval.

Look at it from Aderans point of view. Bosley makes money now, and the aquistion of MHR makes a little more money, but if a big HM trial took place here, and got publicized pretty heavily, lots of guys on the HT fence might wait for the HM (another five or six years) and not get an HT, thus hurting the bottom line for a while. Aderans knows about all men with hairloss want HM, but if you get HM you’d never need an HT. Lots of guys who get NW3 HT’s would gladly go back and pay for HM if it came out five years afterwards. Who wouldn’t? Having George Bush hair is O.K., but if you could go back after getting George Bush hair and get Jose Canseco hair, you’d probably do it. Its a possibility that this reasoning is percolating in some minds over at Aderans.

» Having George Bush hair is O.K., but if
» you could go back after getting George Bush hair and get Jose Canseco
» hair, you’d probably do it. Its a possibility that this reasoning is
» percolating in some minds over at Aderans.

This guy is going to need a lot more than Jose Canseco hair before people quit mistaking him for a chimp. BTW, let’s hope that a HM stimulation protocol comes along that increases the luster of the hair as well. Bush’s hair looks like a brillo pad. If nothing else, this photo shows that aging sucks, and a day will come where we would like more than just our hair back.

Now look at him when he was younger (he used to go by the name of Alfred E. Newman in those days:-D

Okay, here is the real thing:

We need stem cells!