PRP Therapy

I have not heard any more on this since I saw Dr. Greco introduce it a while back. I am wondering if this was just another experiment gone bad. Any feedback on this stuff?

» I have not heard any more on this since I saw Dr. Greco introduce it a
» while back. I am wondering if this was just another experiment gone bad.
» Any feedback on this stuff?

From what I’ve researched on PRP, this stuff is legit.

In my OPNION, its best use might in fact be to improve the survival rate of transplanted hair, decrease the likelyhood of scar tissue forrmation and speed recovery of donor area and transplant area.

Its usage for promoting hair growth however is still not clear but it really depends on how its conducted. As Dr. Greco says, not all PRP is the same. Dr. Greco has his own procedure which differs from the ongoing research of Dr. Hitzig. I think both these fine doctors are onto something even though their approach is different. They really should be in contact with one another and exchanging notes.

I wrote to Dr. Greco and got a reply from him (reproduced below) :

You are correct that “only PRP” will work on hair that is thinning. You must understand that PRP therapy is not all the same. I like to think of PRP as RBC’s, WBC’s, Platelets, Released GF’s (growth factors) and protein. So different systems produce diferent levels of GF’s… while physicians experienced in cellular therapy can alter formulas by filtering RBC’s, WBC’s, Platelets and creating bio-scaffolds to hold the GF’s in the treatment area longer. Some can also alter protein to produce new peptides for enhanced results as well.

Three years ago I spoke in Rome and explained the importance of a matrix when utilizing GF’s and now in the last Hair meeting in Boston everyone is surprised about mixing PRP with A Cell ( an a cellular pig bladder) that produces a matrix. I prefer to use a patented protein matrix produced from your own plasma. You see there is a distinct difference and " cellular therapy" and PRP…it is not the same and is more involved.

I cannot really recommend Dr Choi only because I do not know him or what he does.I had a bad experience with one Dr who visited me from Toronto and I will not training anyone in the near future. The problem is that you get some physicians that are just interested in making money and not interested in the science.

There will be an excellent GF/Stem cells conference in Italy this month for those are really interested in cellular therapy. If I meet anyone there form Canada I will inform you. I believe there are some studies that wil be presented there regarding hair.

Dr. Choi in Vancouver preforming his PRP + Dermaroller procedure :

His procedure is what you might call the ‘classical approach’ which is the basic method of centrifugation of blood, extracting the layer and injecting it.

Dr. Greco and Dr. Hitzig are involved in experimenting with more advanced techniques combining cell matrices and stem cells and soon progenitor cells by Dr. Hitzig.

» Dr. Choi in Vancouver preforming his PRP + Dermaroller procedure :
»
» http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjW8BPODC5s
»
» His procedure is what you might call the ‘classical approach’ which is the
» basic method of centrifugation of blood, extracting the layer and injecting
» it.
»
» Dr. Greco and Dr. Hitzig are involved in experimenting with more advanced
» techniques combining cell matrices and stem cells and soon progenitor cells
» by Dr. Hitzig.

It is good to see this progress but I would think that it is still underground. What I mean is we are not hearing such great miracles on this stuff. I am wondering if it will be around in 5 years from now. It does show some promise though as opposed to some of the other things I hear about.