ProtoHairs... new link, sept\'08

Something new about the second project for the hairs of intercytex, the famous proto hairs, hairs that are created and duplicated in vitro, and after implanted on the scalp with a transplant…

No date for a release, only info… could be interesting ask to them directly something about it… baldie 42was in contact with them… you are still here??

» Hair morphogenesis in vitro: formation of hair structures suitable for implantation - PubMed
»
» Something new about the second project for the hairs of intercytex, the
» famous proto hairs, hairs that are created and duplicated in vitro, and
» after implanted on the scalp with a transplant…
»
» No date for a release, only info… could be interesting ask to them
» directly something about it… baldie 42was in contact with them… you are
» still here??

Ok , I think that its fair enough to say that ICX TRC is a failure, IF Acell and Follica are a Failure , THEN the real next step is the multiplication/culture of hair follicular cells in VITRO. It seems practical and we already know that it can be done for humans , and thats a HUGE PLUS and source of real confort for any researcher willing to work in this direction, the proof of concept is already here. Researchers are already working to provide SCALABLE techniques for in vitro culture. I wish that Intercytex buy the patent/ recruit the researchers of the TAIWAN National University , they ve already done magnificient work in this area : Aggregation of hair cells/DPs+practical in vitro culture through those ethylene alcohol membranes EVAL :Seems to be a cheap and scalable procedure.

What I love about Dr.Kemp is that he seems to be a romantic warrior. I feel like he is doing it not for the sole objective of money and professional achievement (which is not a shame by its own) but more for his moral committment to defeat MPB.

» »
» Hair morphogenesis in vitro: formation of hair structures suitable for implantation - PubMed
» »
» » Something new about the second project for the hairs of intercytex, the
» » famous proto hairs, hairs that are created and duplicated in vitro, and
» » after implanted on the scalp with a transplant…
» »
» » No date for a release, only info… could be interesting ask to them
» » directly something about it… baldie 42was in contact with them… you
» are
» » still here??
»
» Ok , I think that its fair enough to say that ICX TRC is a failure, IF
» Acell and Follica are a Failure , THEN the real next step is the
» multiplication/culture of hair follicular cells in VITRO. It seems
» practical and we already know that it can be done for humans , and thats a
» HUGE PLUS and source of real confort for any researcher willing to work in
» this direction, the proof of concept is already here. Researchers are
» already working to provide SCALABLE techniques for in vitro culture. I wish
» that Intercytex buy the patent/ recruit the researchers of the TAIWAN
» National University , they ve already done magnificient work in this area :
» Aggregation of hair cells/DPs+practical in vitro culture through those
» ethylene alcohol membranes EVAL :Seems to be a cheap and scalable
» procedure.
»
»
» What I love about Dr.Kemp is that he seems to be a romantic warrior. I
» feel like he is doing it not for the sole objective of money and
» professional achievement (which is not a shame by its own) but more for his
» moral committment to defeat MPB.

The questions are two:

• you a have a lot of fantasy
  • you work with icx

I don’w know how people can speak in this way, speak about prjoect, previsions…“next technique”, Kemp a “romantic warrior”… ahaha… what are you talking about!!! For we at the moment Kemp is a liar, with years of false dates and imaginary releases… so we don’t know nothing about the proto hairs too, so speak with less fantasy and speak only about things with real proves… Call icx and talk with them, after post here… if not, don’t write…

»
» Something new about the second project for the hairs of intercytex, the
» famous proto hairs, hairs that are created and duplicated in vitro, and
» after implanted on the scalp with a transplant…
»
» No date for a release, only info… could be interesting ask to them
» directly something about it… baldie 42was in contact with them… you are
» still here??

I was in contact with the Farjo Clinic,every now and again,trying to get on their trials.
Initially I got to speak with Lesley who was dealing with ICX-TRC,She convinced me that it is very promising.
I’d have no reason to phone them now,as they are no longer after trialist.

They don’t normally let you get past the receptionist who answers the phone,who’s obviously been told not to give to much information out.

When I spoke to Lesley.I phoned over a Christmas period,I expect she answered phone,due to not having any staff in.

I think its just a case of waiting to see,it be no good phoning,they don’t tell you anything.

I don’t post here that much now a days,but I do check here a few times a week.I’ve taken to shaving my thinning hair all off daily,but I’d still like a full head of hair,or at least a bit more on the front,at least.

Baccy was in touch with them over trials,as well,maybe he should get in touch with and show them what they should be doing – keep the good work up Baccy!

ROLL ON HM!

Amilcar, right now I don’t understand your beautiful words to Dr. Kemp.

I would wait a few months to see what happens with TRC, so that we can evaluate better the situation.

Regarding the proto-hairs from Taiwan, I find that photo very interesting.
It was posted in this thread by col:
http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry-id-35951.html

Do you know if these protohairs in the photo are human protohairs, or are they mouse’s?

» »
» »
» » Something new about the second project for the hairs of intercytex, the
» » famous proto hairs, hairs that are created and duplicated in vitro, and
» » after implanted on the scalp with a transplant…
» »
» » No date for a release, only info… could be interesting ask to them
» » directly something about it… baldie 42was in contact with them… you
» are
» » still here??
»
» Ok , I think that its fair enough to say that ICX TRC is a failure, IF
» Acell and Follica are a Failure , THEN the real next step is the
» multiplication/culture of hair follicular cells in VITRO. It seems
» practical and we already know that it can be done for humans , and thats a
» HUGE PLUS and source of real confort for any researcher willing to work in
» this direction, the proof of concept is already here. Researchers are
» already working to provide SCALABLE techniques for in vitro culture. I wish
» that Intercytex buy the patent/ recruit the researchers of the TAIWAN
» National University , they ve already done magnificient work in this area :
» Aggregation of hair cells/DPs+practical in vitro culture through those
» ethylene alcohol membranes EVAL :Seems to be a cheap and scalable
» procedure.
»
»
» What I love about Dr.Kemp is that he seems to be a romantic warrior. I
» feel like he is doing it not for the sole objective of money and
» professional achievement (which is not a shame by its own) but more for his
» moral committment to defeat MPB.

Spanish Dude,

In the Abstract of the paper they say that this in vitro culture is done for both mice and humans.

My beautiful words to Dr.Kemp are due to the fact that he does not give up…Unlike some board contributors I didt lose my rational sens here…I would not be calling him a liar because he failed so far at CURING MPB !! the beast has been around every men’s pillow for tha last thousands of years !!and Yet some chidlish criers will start to insult every researcher, working toward a better future, that dont give them back a full haid of hair… Here is what I think, if the MPB is ever to be defeated it will be fore sure thanks to visionary men like DR.Kemp who understood that baldness is not the eternal fate of so many men. Him along other respected researchers like Dr.Cotsarelis are building the bridge, even though stone at a time.It’s surely better for many to stop their unjustified critics as they are, ironically, punishing researchers working to find a treatment for MPB, after all I dont think that those same criticizers would enjoy a better life if no scientist is to work in this corner: that way they wont have someone to criticize. Furthermore, it’s sure that in such a case there will be no reason for hope and therefore no risk of a big disappointment.However, fortunately, this is not the way I see things.

Dr.Kemp seems to be a romantic warrior to me as he still persists on his fight with MPB. As a professional senior researcher in Intercytex he should have considered to give up, after the serious blow that has been inflicted on them through out the TRC project, so that they limit the losses and focus on the other projects but NO he keeps the research coming and now he is investigating the Proto Hair culture. For that he earned my respect and deserved my “chapeau bas”.

P.S : SQPR I would expect respect and wont tolerate any less. Your tone in the last message is unacceptable to me.

As much as I hate Intercytex for not being straight with us. I think even they didn’t see it coming…seriously their phase-I results were very impressive. If anything phase-II should have been even better and I’m quite sure Dr. Kemp is stumped by poor phase-II results as well. I’m certain his intentions were right, and they did the best they could BUT it just didn’t turn out to be what they & we expected. So no heart feelings on my side! :slight_smile:

Still with the poor results Intercytex got, that is our only hope after Follica. For guys like me with a NW5+, even some density from Follica & Intercytex is mucho appreciated!

Amilcar, at this point its too soon to call Dr. Kemp “liar” or some other words.

But worshipping Kemp now is as childish as calling him a liar.

The correct behaviour now is “wait and see”.

Amilcar, people are not attacking researchers for failing.
People attack researchers, when they SELL HOPES, and don’t deliver results.
And ICX is selling stocks.

Now, I am not going to make further comments about ICX. I want to wait for the next report and how things evolve at the end of phase II.