Propecia to Avodart

Hi guys i just want to see if there any guys out there that have made the transition from propecia to avodart?

If so…

How effective was it?

Was the reason behind the transition loss of effectiveness of propecia, or other reasons?

Any side effects?

Whats your state of affairs as it stands now?

» Hi guys i just want to see if there any guys out there that have made the
» transition from propecia to avodart?
»
» If so…
»
» How effective was it?
»
» Was the reason behind the transition loss of effectiveness of propecia, or
» other reasons?
»
» Any side effects?
»
» Whats your state of affairs as it stands now?

I started with Propecia in 1998.

Strangely, the hair on the sides and back of my head seemed to benefit the most by becoming thicker and less transparent, better concealing my transplant donor scars.

My bald crown (where there are no transplanted hairs) actually decreased in diameter by about a half to as much as one inch in places along its periphery.

Strangely enough, the top of my head–then a mix of transplants and some remaining hair between the transplants–experienced less dramatic results.

But after about a year and a half, I started losing some of what I had gained from Propecia.

So I went on 1/2 tablet of finasteride a day. Things didn’t seem to improve, but maybe at least it slowed down, but didn’t stop, the losing of what I had gained back from Propecia.

Then when Avodart became available (2003? I don’t remember), I switched to Avodart, which I continue taking to this day.

Since switching to Avodart, I haven’t seen any meaningful improvement. And my hair loss has continued, as it did under Finasteride and during the last few months I had been on Propecia.

In Summary:

The bald area of my crown is almost as big as it was before I started taking DHT blockers. Of the hairs I regrew around the edges of my bald crown, only a few are still growing.

The hair on my back and sides has since continued to thin, but is still thicker than before I started DHT blockers in 1998.

The transplants on the top of my head have continued to deteriorate (strange, since the donor area the 'plants were taken from, seems to have better responded to DHT blockers), while the little remaining hair I had between the transplants is all but gone.

To sum up: Propecia then Finasteride then Avodart over the last 14 years. For the first year and a half, some noticeable regrowth and thickening all over my head, but most especially the back and sides. But after the first year and a half, thinning gradually resumed and continues to this day.

But for all I know, it might have been worse had I not been taking DHT blockers.

Side Effects: Somewhat decreased libido and possible mental fog. I also lost almost all the hair on my limbs and chest. Pubic hair and beard hair seem unaffected.

I have noticed some regrowth of body hair over the last few years, but my body is nowhere near as hairy as I used to be, especially on my chest.

I experienced the above side affects with all three of the DHT blockers I have taken, but the sides became more pronounced as I went from weaker blockers to stronger blockers.

Thanks for the reply…

It seems from your story that there was no significant change from propecia to avodart even though the latter is suppose to be a stronger DHT blocker…

I found it interesting how we all seem to react differently to these drugs as well as the way we all bald…

Currently im blading in the left temple with my right in much better condition… weird… However closer to my crown on the right side i am thinning at an increased rate as opposed to the the left side…

anyone have similar stories to this and Ahab’s?

» It seems from your story that there was no significant change from propecia
» to avodart

No.

Based on my experience it is inconclusive.

I didn’t switch to Avodart until after my hair loss resumed despite being on Finasteride.

My hair loss continued after I switched to Avodart.

So who knows: had I stayed on Finasteride and not switched to Avodart, perhaps I would have lost even more hair–or perhaps not.

Inconclusive based on my experience.

But I do remember that when Finasteride and Avodart were tested and the results compared, Avodart regrew more hair. The study is out there somewhere if you care to search for it.

I can recommend a reputable pharmacy (Propecia, Avodart) - top-online-pills.com I received the order and it was on time and the pills work great.