Progesterone-->Dihydroxy testosterone?

I read that cow’s milk contains high level of progesterone which converted
to the notorious Dihydroxy testosterone, is it true?

» I read that cow’s milk contains high level of progesterone which converted
» to the notorious Dihydroxy testosterone, is it true?

Everything in moderation.

Regards
Pete

That’s true, use soymilk instead. Cows milk is rich in progesterone, it can stimulate the production of androgens in humans.

Soy is actually good for hair,

Copied from another site,

New research published in the journal Biology of Reproduction reveals that consuming soy milk and other soy products could reduce hair loss and male pattern baldness. How? When the body breaks down isoflavones from soy products, one of the resulting compounds is equol, which blocks a form of testosterone called DHT that has been linked with hair loss and baldness. The hair loss prescription drug, Propecia, works in much the same way by blocking the conversion of testosterone into DHT.
Naturally, soy milk is far less expensive than prescription drugs, and there are a great number of health benefits derived from consuming products made from soy. But does this latest research mean that men suffering from hair loss should switch to soy milk?

Here’s my take: soy milk may be able to stop hair loss, but that’s only part of the picture. Hair loss also results from premature aging, which is caused by consuming metabolic disruptors in foods and drinks. These are chemical ingredients like white flour, high fructose corn syrup, sodium nitrite, hydrogenated oils, aspartame and MSG that slowly poison the human body. One of the best ways to avoid hair loss is to start choosing healthy whole foods instead of eating the standard junk foods consumed by most people.

Another point here is that soy milk is good for you regardless of whether it helps with hair loss. I consume it on a daily basis and wouldn’t think of touching cow’s milk. Cow’s milk, it turns out, causes chronic sinus infections, asthma, constipation and a whole host of other health problems that all fall under the category of “stagnation.” Giving up cow’s milk and switching to soy milk is a good nutritional strategy for both men and women regardless of their risk of hair loss.

The bottom line? Soy milk may in fact help with hair loss, and that’s one reason to start drinking it, but there are many, many more. And, frankly, it may not stop your hair loss outright, either. But it sure doesn’ hurt to try it and see. Give yourself several months to determine the result.

» That’s true, use soymilk instead. Cows milk is rich in progesterone, it can
» stimulate the production of androgens in humans.
»
» Soy is actually good for hair,
»
» Copied from another site,
»
» New research published in the journal Biology of Reproduction reveals that
» consuming soy milk and other soy products could reduce hair loss and male
» pattern baldness. How? When the body breaks down isoflavones from soy
» products, one of the resulting compounds is equol, which blocks a form of
» testosterone called DHT that has been linked with hair loss and baldness.
» The hair loss prescription drug, Propecia, works in much the same way by
» blocking the conversion of testosterone into DHT.
» Naturally, soy milk is far less expensive than prescription drugs, and
» there are a great number of health benefits derived from consuming
» products made from soy. But does this latest research mean that men
» suffering from hair loss should switch to soy milk?
»
» Here’s my take: soy milk may be able to stop hair loss, but that’s only
» part of the picture. Hair loss also results from premature aging, which is
» caused by consuming metabolic disruptors in foods and drinks. These are
» chemical ingredients like white flour, high fructose corn syrup, sodium
» nitrite, hydrogenated oils, aspartame and MSG that slowly poison the human
» body. One of the best ways to avoid hair loss is to start choosing healthy
» whole foods instead of eating the standard junk foods consumed by most
» people.
»
» Another point here is that soy milk is good for you regardless of whether
» it helps with hair loss. I consume it on a daily basis and wouldn’t think
» of touching cow’s milk. Cow’s milk, it turns out, causes chronic sinus
» infections, asthma, constipation and a whole host of other health problems
» that all fall under the category of “stagnation.” Giving up cow’s milk and
» switching to soy milk is a good nutritional strategy for both men and
» women regardless of their risk of hair loss.
»
» The bottom line? Soy milk may in fact help with hair loss, and that’s one
» reason to start drinking it, but there are many, many more. And, frankly,
» it may not stop your hair loss outright, either. But it sure doesn’ hurt
» to try it and see. Give yourself several months to determine the result.

Have you read any of the literature reports on soy in men? Seems it’s not as healthy for men as was once thought. Estrogenic, and makes men a little less intelligent. Can’t link you to the articles, but I remember the research. I used to eat a lot, now I minimize my intake.
BTW, I completely agree with you on the aspartame, HFCS, nitrites, hydrogenated oils, MSG, etc etc. Couldn’t be worse for us.
I’ve heard all the “mucus-forming” stuff about milk; not sure about that though. I drink a lot (organic, though) and I have no sinus problems, no stagnation problems, I’m as “regular” as can be, and my asthma is better then ever, although it’s always been mild.

» Have you read any of the literature reports on soy in men? Seems it’s not
» as healthy for men as was once thought. Estrogenic, and makes men a little
» less intelligent. Can’t link you to the articles, but I remember the
» research. I used to eat a lot, now I minimize my intake.
» BTW, I completely agree with you on the aspartame, HFCS, nitrites,
» hydrogenated oils, MSG, etc etc. Couldn’t be worse for us.
» I’ve heard all the “mucus-forming” stuff about milk; not sure about that
» though. I drink a lot (organic, though) and I have no sinus problems, no
» stagnation problems, I’m as “regular” as can be, and my asthma is better
» then ever, although it’s always been mild.

Soy is a cold food, energetically speaking, and is good for people with heat disease, generally not good for the elderly or premature aging (with a menopausal exclusion for women). One reason why it’s used to treat radiation poisoning.

Head hair is a product of kidney chi, as are reproductive juices. Assuming no other imbalances underlie the loss of kidney chi, which is a big assumption if you’re a man under 70, then kelp and nettles would be preferred.

Milk is a warm food, suitable for the elderly, wee ones, and some cold diseases. The mucous formation property should be evident on the first sip. This isn’t a sinus or an excretory thing, it’s stomach damp. It doesn’t affect everyone due to differing constitutions. If it does affect a person, they can just switch to yogurt. Good that you get organic.

does anyone know what happens with the progesterone when milk is turned into yogurt/cheese
thanks