Probably very stupid question on this site - don\'t hit me hard :)

Probably very stupid question on this site and if this question has been here don’t hit me hard :slight_smile:

Is here any guy who doesn’t take any medications (i mean propecia, minoxidil, proscar etc) and who has got HT? how these results turned out? was there a (permanent) shockloss, no hair growth etc? I just wanna know everything if you don’t wanna take any kind of drugs and if you wanna get HT. Is it just waisting time and money without no results + you just fcuk up your donor area too.

I haven’t took any pills during my life (27 years) because i just hate the idea taking them. You all probably taking medications to stop hairloss right?

» Probably very stupid question on this site and if this question has been
» here don’t hit me hard :slight_smile:
»
» Is here any guy who doesn’t take any medications (i mean propecia,
» minoxidil, proscar etc) and who has got HT? how these results turned out?
» was there a (permanent) shockloss, no hair growth etc? I just wanna know
» everything if you don’t wanna take any kind of drugs and if you wanna get
» HT. Is it just waisting time and money without no results + you just fcuk
» up your donor area too.
»
» I haven’t took any pills during my life (27 years) because i just hate the
» idea taking them. You all probably taking medications to stop hairloss
» right?
I’m wondering the same thing. I took Propecia for about 8 months, and during that time, I got some bad side effects, and no change in hair loss.
My hair loss has stabilized alot, and I’m entertaining the idea of a HT, but don’t want to get screwed with permanent shock loss or anything like that.

» Probably very stupid question on this site and if this question has been
» here don’t hit me hard :slight_smile:
»
» Is here any guy who doesn’t take any medications (i mean propecia,
» minoxidil, proscar etc) and who has got HT? how these results turned out?
» was there a (permanent) shockloss, no hair growth etc? I just wanna know
» everything if you don’t wanna take any kind of drugs and if you wanna get
» HT. Is it just waisting time and money without no results + you just fcuk
» up your donor area too.
»
» I haven’t took any pills during my life (27 years) because i just hate the
» idea taking them. You all probably taking medications to stop hairloss
» right?

Put it like this, if you’re in the market for a hair transplant then obviously you are losing hair due to mpb (likely). If that’s the case, then most likely you’ve not gone completely bald (yet). In that case, you’re going to get a hair transplant in the area(s) you’ve thinned out significantly and/or gone bald already. Once you’ve transplant hairs into the region(s), what about the rest of your hair? Chances are very very high that they are on their way out as well. Can you imagine what your head would look like if you had lost the remaining of your hairs except the patch of area you transplanted? Not good. Therefore, the use of finasteride at minimum, is almost just as crucial as the hair transplant itself. IMO, I don’t recommend anyone pursue a transplant if they have no intentions of taking the medicine thereafter. Beware the sales tactic members tell you otherwise here. If anyone tells you otherwise, I would be strongly skeptical of their motives.

In the situation where you’ve lost your hair and will no longer be losing anymore hairs, then you can easily get away with having a hair transplant and not worry about any meds afterwards.

The meds are moreso to prevent future loss of your remaining hairs as opposed to assisting your transplanted hairs. Although, it does give that extra umph* to your transplanted hairs, say, if you applied minoxidil on them.

i know that hairloss is progressive and people usually need more ht’s than one. and i know that if you loose more native hair after ht in the future you are going to look stupid. btw… you are going to look stupid anyway without having ht. if you wouldn’t look stupid you probably wouldn’t even think about to have it done.

i still wanna know whats going to happen after ht witout taking meds? how big is the chance to get shockloss and how big is the chance to get permanent shockloss in donor area and even in recipient area where you have left some native hair. what can be yield of the transplanted hair? would be great to hear some kind of comparisons (yield %, shockloss %) between people who is using meds and who doesn’t. i afraid only that all people who is in this forum using meds (besides me).

btw… if you can’t fill all bald patches in your head because your donor area is limited then i think that having a ht is useless (waisting time and money) because you are going to look stupid then anyway. the best thing to do without looking so stopid is to shave your head completely. i haven’t done it never (i fcuking afraid to shave my head :)) but i’m thinking about this all the time because i think i can’t soon hide my bald angles and thinnig top anymore. and if i need to shave my head in the future then im thinking about FUE only. don’t wanna fcuk up my donor area with strip scar.

and more… i afraid that if you start taking meds and you want to stop taking them in the future then you probably going to loose your hair more rapidly than without using meds at all. am i wrong?

To me you just sound immenesly confused,i would suggest you go for research via internet,consultations,journals…

There is no MEDICAL reason why you can’t get a HT without ever being on meds. The graft survival rate of the transplant surgery itself shouldn’t be notably different whether you’ve got meds or not.

The problem with getting HTs without being on meds is the ARTISTIC issues that are inherent in a balding pattern that is still rapidly worsening. It’s totally a long-term problem, not a short term one with the immediate effects of the surgery.

If you are not using any meds then your hairloss may progress. Does this mean you cannot have a procedure? Not at all.

As discussed earlier, hairloss is progressive, so if you advance to a nw 4, 5 or 6 you will just need to know that an additional procedure or two may be neccessary down the road.

If you are not on meds and progress to a NW 5 -6 , a perfectly nice head of hair is still obtainable, such as Burberry’s: http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board_entry-id-56987-page-5-category-2-order-last_answer-descasc-DESC.html

or Earsnt http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board_entry-id-60838-page-2-category-2-order-last_answer-descasc-DESC.html

» If you are not using any meds then your hairloss may progress. Does this
» mean you cannot have a procedure? Not at all.
»
» As discussed earlier, hairloss is progressive, so if you advance to a nw
» 4, 5 or 6 you will just need to know that an additional procedure or two
» may be neccessary down the road.
»
» If you are not on meds and progress to a NW 5 -6 , a perfectly nice head
» of hair is still obtainable, such as Burberry’s:
» http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board_entry-id-56987-page-5-category-2-order-last_answer-descasc-DESC.html
»
»
» or Earsnt
» http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board_entry-id-60838-page-2-category-2-order-last_answer-descasc-DESC.html

This is not quite true - Take a look at some old guys who are an NW7 with about an inch of thin hair on the sides.Its a gamble,one hell of a gamble,perhaps take the gamble on the basis of how bald is your dad,your older uncles,etc.

My Dad had thinning hair right upto 60,then lost more.I believe he’d be passed as a NW5-6,same goes for my uncle his brother.
I lost more at an earlier age.get my meaning you can’t really tell.

Becareful.

»
» This is not quite true - Take a look at some old guys who are an NW7 with
» about an inch of thin hair on the sides.Its a gamble,one hell of a
» gamble,perhaps take the gamble on the basis of how bald is your dad,your
» older uncles,etc.
»
» My Dad had thinning hair right upto 60,then lost more.I believe he’d be
» passed as a NW5-6,same goes for my uncle his brother.
» I lost more at an earlier age.get my meaning you can’t really tell.
»
» Becareful.

Family history can play a part and HELP determine how far you will progress. the fact is, very fue men percentage wise progress to a NW 6 - 7.