Post operative care of the strip scar

Dear forum readers,
Following is a post operative care point we impress on our patients at the time of their FUHT.

It is a minor but, in our opinion, important point that should be kept in mind to hasten healing and make the post operative period more comfortable.

The day after the completion of the procedure, the patient must wash the strip donor area daily, gently rubbing over it to dislodge any blood clots that may have formed.

A blood clot is a hard accumulation of fibrin and blood components.
If it is left in situ and the patient lies over it while sleeping, the clots tend to press on the suture line.
This has 2 effects -

1. The clot pressing into the closed strip wound will delay healing, and,
  2. Cause more pain and discomfort.

Let me know if you have any queries.
Regards,
Dr. A

Good topic. I can tell from my experience that I couldn’t sleep for weeks after my strip procedure. It was very uncomfortable and mildly painful, you can imagine every time I rest my head on the pillow I was applying pressure to a large scar.

» Good topic. I can tell from my experience that I couldn’t sleep for weeks
» after my strip procedure. It was very uncomfortable and mildly painful,
» you can imagine every time I rest my head on the pillow I was applying
» pressure to a large scar.

thats great advice dr A, i also like to soak my head in some warm water, i think who does the strip/revision has a huge impact, the “doc” who initially messed me up, always left the area very tight, ultimately with nerve numbness, and bad scarring, but the partial revisions i had with wolf and rahal, there was none, with a better final result

What about for fue?

» What about for fue?

Dear hair911,
The same holds true for FUSE as well as bht donor sites, though post operative discomfort/pain is not an issue.
The donor areas should be washed every day.
Regards,
Dr. A