Possible idea for wounding. Please take a look and give me your thoughts

Hey guys,

I just went and had something done today called “Profractional” laser treatment. I have acne scars and that’s actually why I had it done. That’s besides the point though. I have attached 2 youtube videos so you guys can get an idea of what it is. The first is more an overview… But the 2nd video is more intriguing as far as a possible wounding method… From what I have researched, and what I experienced today – this stuff will MESS YOU UP… I mean that in a good way… As far as wounding goes. My face as of this second is BLOODY… Take a look at the second video and you will get an idea of what I mean… Anyways, just thought I would throw that out there…

Wow, the second video is really interesting.

I am not expert on these things, but from the video I deduct:

1. This treatment is meant to rejuvenate the skin
  2. The laser burns a matrix of dots in the skin, 0,4mm deep.

Its surprising that the laser creates so much bleeding with only 0,4mm penetration.

questions: what happens if the laser hits a hair follicle? I assume nothing happens, because the hair follicle has a 5mm depth.

how about penetrating deeper? lets say, 2mm? Well, the bleeding would be heavy, but maybe the hair follicle is rejuvenated? or killed??

Maybe ICX is interested on trying this form of dermabrasion prior to injection of DP cells?? maybe the 0,4mm penetration is enough to preestimulate the skin?

I’m not exactly sure how deep the laser can actually go… I know it can godeeper than what they did for me today… To answer your question about the depth and it potentially killing a hair follicle… I would doubt it… I mean, if you think about lasers that are used for hair removal. That takes numerous sessions to actually kill the hair follicle… But like I said, based on the fact that my session today was highly unlikely super aggressive (and my face is thrashed), I think this could wound pretty well…

1.2mm deep:

whoooah! bloody shït!

There are several methods of dermabrasion that already work. No real need to reinvent the wheel unless it’s going to offer something better than before.

» There are several methods of dermabrasion that already work. No real need
» to reinvent the wheel unless it’s going to offer something better than
» before.

IMHO Laser dermabration is the method follica are most likely to use.

But the 2nd video is more intriguing as far as a possible wounding method…

That’s a bad-ass laser. Kind of cool. I’m not sure if that would be too much damage or not.

I’m going to do my wounding using TCA (an acid used in medium depth chemical peels). I just applied a 30% TCA solution to my skin, to a small spot under the jaw line, as a test to see how I would react to the peel. I wanted to do a test before I get crazy and apply it to part of my eyebrows and scalp, which are the areas I intend to treat. It burns like a bitch, and I got white frosting over the area I applied it on. I have a feeling a scab is coming. I didn’t feel anything at first, so I applied a couple of layers…bad mistake, I think, because the burning really kicked in after a minute or so.

» > But the 2nd video is more intriguing as far as a possible wounding
» method…
»
» That’s a bad-ass laser. Kind of cool. I’m not sure if that would be too
» much damage or not.
»
» I’m going to do my wounding using TCA (an acid used in medium depth
» chemical peels). I just applied a 30% TCA solution to my skin, to a small
» spot under the jaw line, as a test to see how I would react to the peel. I
» wanted to do a test before I get crazy and apply it to part of my eyebrows
» and scalp, which are the areas I intend to treat. It burns like a bitch,
» and I got white frosting over the area I applied it on. I have a feeling a
» scab is coming. I didn’t feel anything at first, so I applied a couple of
» layers…bad mistake, I think, because the burning really kicked in after a
» minute or so.

I hope you can let us know of the results you have when you try it and exactly what you did. I wrote in a response to cal on another thread what Im thinking of trying…and almost assuredly will, on my eyebrow or the space behind my ears or nape of my neck, or all three. I intend to try milk thistle extract as the egf-agonsit, the minox around the wound, and finas. If you guys do the getfitinib or arava (I ordered arava, but it never came), and I do the ‘natural’, we can test both in one fell swoon. I intend to not wash the area post wounding for at least ten days. Im planning on playing it close to the vest. I hope at least one of us has some success…

» > But the 2nd video is more intriguing as far as a possible wounding
» method…
»
» That’s a bad-ass laser. Kind of cool. I’m not sure if that would be too
» much damage or not.
»
» I’m going to do my wounding using TCA (an acid used in medium depth
» chemical peels). I just applied a 30% TCA solution to my skin, to a small
» spot under the jaw line, as a test to see how I would react to the peel. I
» wanted to do a test before I get crazy and apply it to part of my eyebrows
» and scalp, which are the areas I intend to treat. It burns like a bitch,
» and I got white frosting over the area I applied it on. I have a feeling a
» scab is coming. I didn’t feel anything at first, so I applied a couple of
» layers…bad mistake, I think, because the burning really kicked in after a
» minute or so.

Did you apply the peel to any part with existing hairs? If so, how much was the damage to those hair? Thanks

» I hope you can let us know of the results you have when you try it and
» exactly what you did.

I’ll let anyone interested know. I can’t try it until the end of this month or so (I can’t have a shaved head, with or without scabs, for a while because I have a couple of business trips coming up).

» Did you apply the peel to any part with existing hairs?

Yes, beard stubble.

» If so, how much was the damage to those hair?

None that I can tell.

I read that when TCA is used for facial peels, they apply the TCA into the hairline a little bit so that there isn’t a clear delineation between skin that’s been treated vs. skin that’s not been treated (so that there’s not an abrupt change in color or texture of the skin, for example). So, provided the peel isn’t too deep, I assume it isn’t damaging to hair follicles.

Talking about “burning” skin I remember that some years ago I went to a dermatologist for red spots on my skin (chest & neck).

The Dr. used liquid nitrogen. It was superfast for each red spot. Like 3 seconds or so. The sopts vanished burned.

It was spray-like. Really convenient.

It might be a really fast & cheap way to do it.

What do you think?

» Talking about “burning” skin I remember that some years ago I went to a
» dermatologist for red spots on my skin (chest & neck).
»
» The Dr. used liquid nitrogen. It was superfast for each red spot. Like 3
» seconds or so. The sopts vanished burned.
»
» It was spray-like. Really convenient.
»
» It might be a really fast & cheap way to do it.
»
» What do you think?

I think that you ppl are going to hurt yourself sooner or later :slight_smile: So now its liquid nitrogen. Wow. Whats next? A plasma GUN?

» Talking about “burning” skin I remember that some years ago I went to a
» dermatologist for red spots on my skin (chest & neck).
»
» The Dr. used liquid nitrogen. It was superfast for each red spot. Like 3
» seconds or so. The sopts vanished burned.
»
» It was spray-like. Really convenient.
»
» It might be a really fast & cheap way to do it.
»
» What do you think?

The doctors used liquid nitrogen to remove a wart from my fingers a few years back. It was an outpatient procedure and done in his office. It was cold at first, then the pain came in fast and it hurt like a mutha@ Fu@ka. I can’t imagine doing this on a decent size area, especially on the scalp without some type of anesthesia.