Plug Redist. by SAFE/FUE Today 0.75mm... Hairtech

Another revelation has come to me today. Not only is it possible to perform FUE by SAFE using the o.75mm punch, but now with my own eyes am I realizing that this small punch technology can easily rip plugs. No mess or bloody. No need for sutures. They really just popped out to my amazement.

Today we have a patient that received work in the early 90’s via plugs. Today we are thinning out his hairline. Here is the preliminary picture. We already pulled most of the huge trees in the frontal hairline. I will get these out ASAP.

Ahem… excuse the typo. Popped out. Eeeeek :oops:

Anyway here are more pictures.

Here is where we started de-bulking.

Here are the grafts.

»
» Today we have a patient that received work in the early 90’s via plugs.
» Today we are thinning out his hairline. Here is the preliminary picture.
» We already pulled most of the huge trees in the frontal hairline. I will
» get these out ASAP.

It is hard to believe but since the a 0.75mm punch is used, the need for suturing is non-existent. Furthermore, when redistributing the grafts, you can go ahead and put them back around where they where taken. Some clinics have to suture and risk disturbing the grafts post op during suture removal. Not that this is a huge issue. Usually a skilled hand can work around that issue.

Below is a picture of a magnified look of the recipient hairline.

And then the finished product.

A poster asked me a question concerning “what is the best technique for him” in terms of the best repair method.

Here was my response:

Gosh man, I wish the answer to your question was definitive as what the colors that represent the American Flag. It is difficult to say what will work for you unless we see what your working with.

Thin out the plugs, leave some.
Thin out the plugs, leave some and then redistribute back.
Clear them all out and rebuild everything.
Block the plugs with fresh grafts.
Clear the plugs totally period.

All are plausible… and like I am trying to hammer home to everyone, is that it is a straight forward procedure. No secrets. No special techniques except experience.

The only difference I am now realizing(when FUE repairing) is the difference I see with the “sharp” repair FUE when comparing that to a “dull” FUE repair method. Today I noticed a remarkable significance in “getting” the plug once after a dull punching was complete and not having to go back into the hole to retrieve the transected hairs during a sharp punch repair case. The transections occur more often than not during sharp punch repair because plugs splay a great deal of the time. The dull punch seems to be advantageous over the sharp (in my opinion).

Don’t get me wrong both are effective (sharp/dull repair), however one takes 3 times longer, and is somewhat more traumatizing in my opinion. The dull small punch technique seemed more effective in retrieving every follicle attempted, was less invasive which resulted in practically zero bleeding, and was quick in terms of overall case speed.

The patient came back today for his first wash and to get detailed post operative instructions for graft care.

» The patient came back today for his first wash and to get detailed post
» operative instructions for graft care.
»
»
»
»

I lauged when i read “pulled out these huge trees” haha.

Well yes there are others that have larger trees. :smiley: