Piroctone olamine

Some of you use piroctone olamine. What should be the concentration of such a shampoo? 1% ? I plan to add it to my nizoral. I can buy either a complete shampoo (1,5%) but the stuff contains SLS that will add to the one already contained in my regular shampoo, or a solution (1%) or a powder (1%) or a cream (1%). What should I choose? Can this be mixed with Nizoral and let sit on the scalp for 5-10mns?
Thank you.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Garnier-Anti-Loss-Guard-Shampoo-Piroctone-Olamine_W0QQitemZ300092240879QQcategoryZ11861QQcmdZViewItem

This is a good piractone shampoo from garnier. im trialling it now. the problem is where to buy it from as it seesm to be available only in europe/asia.

If you find an online supplier please post here

» Some of you use piroctone olamine. What should be the concentration of
» such a shampoo? 1% ? I plan to add it to my nizoral. I can buy either a
» complete shampoo (1,5%) but the stuff contains SLS that will add to the
» one already contained in my regular shampoo, or a solution (1%) or a
» powder (1%) or a cream (1%). What should I choose? Can this be mixed with
» Nizoral and let sit on the scalp for 5-10mns?
» Thank you.

I had a tough time finding a PO shampoo here in the states. I found SeS Kavel on Amazon and Ginger scalp care from the Body Shop. I think these are both developed in Europe. Don’t know how much PO they contain. You can also obtain Octopirox cream. I just received some. Alternating Octopirox and Nizoral cream.

Here is a quote from another site:

"In the United States over-the-counter piroctone olamine in shampoo is pending FDA approval. Here is a reference on the Federal Register. Apparently piroctone olamine in shampoo is allowed in amounts less than .1%.

So just because the shampoo label says it contains piroctone olamine that doesn’t mean it contains a significant amount that will really do anything. Read the label. If it doesn’t give an actual percentage then it is probably just a token amount to justify a high price.

It looks like pet products than contain piroctone olamine are being marketed for human consumption. It’s hard to determine how much piroctone olamine they contain. MOO

Piroctone olamine up to 1% is available over-the-counter in Europe. It looks like it will be available in the USA in the near future. "