Piroctone Olamine shampoo

I am kind of excited - this stuff really works. By works I don’t mean hairloss has stopped and lots of new ones are coming in - but the scalp irritation has noticeably stopped - i am hoping to see a healthy scalp - along with Nizoral cream. Anyone else have promising results on Piroctone Olamine shampoo?
Louis

» I am kind of excited - this stuff really works. By works I don’t mean
» hairloss has stopped and lots of new ones are coming in - but the scalp
» irritation has noticeably stopped - i am hoping to see a healthy scalp -
» along with Nizoral cream. Anyone else have promising results on Piroctone
» Olamine shampoo?
» Louis

I had, then I found out that some bits of IH’s regime help with irritation even better (I’m on cod liver oil (1.5 grams per meal), green tea (400mg catechins a day at least), biotin (1 daily) & nettle root (plenty of it daily).

no itchy scalp since, even without PTO shampoo (I run out of it few weeks ago and was without it for 3 weeks or so without any itch what so ever).

try that, but stick with PTO as well, it has good studies (one of them compares it directly with nizoral and PTO was better in keeping & thickening of hair)

I’ve been using a PTO shampoo for a while and love it. It really seemed to stop my hairs from falling out. Honestly I don’t see any when I take a shower. I haven’t grown my hair back overnight, but I think I’m going in the right direction.

I also use the nizoral cream once a week or when I remember. I use the PTO much more though.

p_rry:

Which brand do you use? I use the stuff from Body Shop and LOVE it!

I use PHYTO Phytosylic. I get it for $24 with free shipping from (sounds gay I know) www.dermagirl.com. I just ordered another bottle today.

Perry

Sounds like some good stuff. I believe that I have seen it at my local Whole Foods. You might give them a call if you have one in your area. It might be cheaper at your site, though.