Phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitor

I’m going to be trying a new topical starting next week. Vardenafil liquid is a phos. 5 inhibitor that on paper should work to some degree. I’m still researching the molecular size and weight of the drug to get a better clue on how to deliver it through the skin, if possible. I will keep a log with photos.

Anti ED drug? Are those stuffs not mainly vasodilators? How can it be different from minox this way?

» Anti ED drug? Are those stuffs not mainly vasodilators? How can it be
» different from minox this way?

The potential mechanism of action of diazoxide in hair growth may be through inhibition of phosphodiesterase. Phosphodiesterase (PDE) is an enzyme that catalyzes the hydrolysis of phosphodiester bonds. PDEs are responsible for the degradation of the cyclic nucleotides cAMP and cGMP. They are therefore important regulators of signal transduction mediated by these molecules. In all probability, dihydrotestosterone hinders energy production by keeping phosphodiesterase relatively inactive and by suppressing various protein (enzyme) synthetases. A relatively high concentration of cAMP may cause premature termination of the growing stages of hair follicles. Repetition of such processes over several years presumably transforms terminal follicles to vellus – type follicles and ultimately causes baldness. However, this theory on the metamorphosis of terminal hair to vellus hair is not proven as yet.

Research studies provide correlative evidence that the opening of potassium channels is an important regulatory mechanism for hair growth. Diazoxide has also been shown, like Minoxidil, to be a potassium channel opener. Therefore oral diazoxide can induce hypertrichosis in a distribution similar to that caused by oral minoxidil but with far less frequency.

So, as a side effect, you’ll have what is normally the primary one…: spontaneous erections??? or is the dosage very different?

» So, as a side effect, you’ll have what is normally the primary one…:
» spontaneous erections??? or is the dosage very different?

Don’t know yet. Still accessing the permability of the drug i’m looking into. A major pharma company is currently doing a study that is in Phase 2, i will take a page from their play book on concentration etc.

Keep us posted.