Phoenixbio "hair regeneration project" page

http://www.phoenixbio.co.jp/en/activities/hair/index.html

hell, that is the same one from years ago. Has anybody emailed them and asked them where they are at in the process?

» http://www.phoenixbio.co.jp/en/activities/hair/index.html
»
»
»
» hell, that is the same one from years ago. Has anybody emailed them and
» asked them where they are at in the process?

I am starting to see what all the veterans of this board have seen for many years. Results shrouded in vagueness and then nothing. Its the same everywhere Aderans hasn’t updated there site for 3 years, Intercytex only reports 3-4 lines of results, and phoenixbio is even worse I never saw them even update their page. The most we got out of a company was Intercytex now they too are turning quite. All we have are snakeoils, propecia, rugs, and HTs what a selection. I think I will talk to Dr.Cole and see if I can arrange an HT.

You are right of course.

What upsets me about Washenik and Ohanisian going on Televsion and talking about HM is that they are simply using HM as a way to drum up business for HT’s, getting me to think HM is inevitable so they get strip HT’s in the now that are irreversible and inculcate the man into the world of more HT’s in the future. All these years of research and not one human picture. Who would invest in that???

Men need to know that getting a HT as of right now is not being “guaranteed” in the future by HM. I just looked around and couldnt find that Shisedo is even in hair multiplication research anymore. Phoenixbio hasn’t even bothered to update their page. Aderans never even answers my emails to them (and Ive emailed them three times asking them about human trials), Intercytex wont give us pictures of their trialees even though they are attempting to sell their research (who in the world would by someone’s research without seeing how far along it is and how close it is to being successful? If you were reseraching an acne product and giving it to teenagers with faces full of acne, wouldn’t you allow interested parties and investors a look-see at what six and twelve weeks of your zit cream could do on a pimply kid? Of course you would…who on earth would buy it based on you saying “there was a SIGNIGFIGANT decrease in acne”!!! NOBODY WOULD.

Its follica or nothing man. ACELL probably was working along the same lines as follica, Im virtually certain the healing process that produced all that dog hair was pretty much the same process follica is working on–wound healing. No wonder Cotsarialis, and Cooley, and Ungerer quit HM research. They seen it was just going to be extremely hard to bring to fruition.

The only way I think HM will ever work consistently is if they can grow the hairs in a medium outside the body…or alot of hairs in various places on the body and transplant the fully differentiated hairs to the head when they are growing, just like a transplant. The cells alone apparently aren’t going to yield very high results. I mean, come on…they have had about 8 full years now. All the mice, now in men…and we cant even get a stat analysis or a picture?

Hey all,

So yeah the “progress” sucks as far as HM… but here are some minor corrections:

1. Aderans HAD updated their website, adding new documents over the summer in 2007. But then you have Washenik declining to make any new predictions and a lack of any info about their HUMAN Phase I trials!

2. PhoenixBio has updated their website as of 2008, but it’s in Japanese. So does anyone read Japanese?

3. Pictures: we do have one measly pic leaked out last summer. But it was a human, and it was a picture.

And as far as the future, I think Follica is the only game in town… Acell is being marketed for animals and human shoulder injuries, not for hair loss…

Best,
BB

» http://www.phoenixbio.co.jp/en/activities/hair/index.html
»
»
»
» hell, that is the same one from years ago. Has anybody emailed them and
» asked them where they are at in the process?

I emailed them–twice. In June and Aug. '06. Never heard back.

I agree with your inclinination toward Follica as the most promising treatment on the horizon. I will have been visiting this site for 11 years this May/June (yep, I remember Forum #1 back in 1997) and I’m done waiting for HM. I think Follica would beat anyone out there to market anyway, based on what I’ve finally had a chance to read.

As far as I’m concerned, after ICX’s vague report following Phase I results, they basically created a “bulls#it me once, shame on you; bulls#it me twice, go f#%$ yourself” scenario. I gave them the benefit of the doubt the first time, but this Phase II report sounds like pure bulls#it and they damn well ought to known better. If this were an interrogation, they’d get a few volts for non-responsiveness the first time, then a major, lengthy jolt after this second line of b.s. (…I suspect that would do more to put hair on their bald heads). They became ultra-suspect when Farjo (their own research co.) posted that article a couple months back by Dr. Tobin, which touted prospective future hair developments (eg., Follica), and mysteriously didn’t even allude to their own f#%$ing research project (TRC), then gave conflicting answers as to why.

Frankly, I’d prefer to swing the bat and deal with the occasional rejection of attractive women on account of hairloss then to deal with the repeated, massive disappointment of being let down by companies promising the “cure” after weeks, months, and years of waiting for tidbits of promising information. You don’t have to wait as long to know where you stand with the ladies, and you actually have a chance of eventually getting a positive result from a decent one, which is more than can be said about HM developers.

Don’t put your life on hold for this bulls#it-miracle, guys. Roll with the punches.