Pharoboy: Body Hair Transplant growth evidence, Dr. Umar\'s patient

» okay, here’s a picture which i was hesitant to show, cause it was after
» applying dr. lee’s minox. It makes the hair a little greasy, thicker and
» less curly, so this shot isn’t straight out of the shower like the previous
» ones, but it’s how people at work see me (if they’re tall enough)
»
» unfortunately i don’t have a lot of time to spend on the forums, so please
» don’t please be aware that i won’t be able to entertain questions or
» criticism, it is what it is. I’m happy, and i don’t think about my hair
» for too long, so if you like the result, good, if not, then tough, i don’t
» care.

Much nicer than the pics hairsite posted,

I see the growth and if he is happy with it then that is good.

Kudos Pharo for posting your pics. It is much appreciated.:slight_smile:

» Much nicer than the pics hairsite posted,

Sorry, I should have clarified that the pics I posted are when his hair was wet.

Interesting update. Is this as long as it gets for body hair? Can it grow long like regular head hair?

» Interesting update. Is this as long as it gets for body hair? Can it grow
» long like regular head hair?

That is a widely debatable topic. Can BHT grow as long as scalp hair? Well probably not IMO, however there have been select cases where it did and probably was because of the source. Let’s say for instance beard hair was used… well beard hair can grow very long! But all and all… on average I would have to say no… BHT will not grow as long as scalp hair.

My BHT has grown about double than it’s length on my body (legs) after almost two years…

My scalp hair is down to my back now. Lol.

I think the “what you see is what you get” opinion is mostly correct.

Beard hair however, might just be a different story.

Ciao.

As stated by many there is no doubt of the growth and coverage that he has up to this point -especially of the pic that Pharoboy posted himself . I’m just glad to see he stated that he doesnt think about his hair loss . That is the goal I think we all set out for . I have achieved it myself and its a life-changing experience. I found Pharoboy’s initial post pics in the archive to see what his intial coverage area was . There are other pics in the archive from his second BHT procedure :

http://www.hairsite4.com/dc/dcboard-az-show_mesg-forum-12-topic_id-46721-mesg_id-46721-listing_type-search

The fact is scalp hair numbers below 10,000 grafts have always been the norm because that was the only donor available . You rarely see numbers of grafts transplanted over 10,000 grafts with strip procedure or sole scalp FUE procedures. As more and more megasession Norwood 5/6/7 BHT/beard/scalp hair procedures are done I believe seeing numbers over 10,000 grafts needed will start making people realize what is really necessary to cover these large surface areas in the high Norwood cases and not make direct comparison to scalp hair numbers . The numbers needed will not always have the negative stigma they have now except for the cost involved .

Dr. Umar,
What % yield do you think Pharoboy has? At first it didn’t seem like much but the more I look at the pics, the more I think the yield is not bad. I am curious what % yield this is approximately.

Pharoboy are you using Propecia or Avodart? I wonder if there is a link between your body hair growth and whether you are using Propecia or not. There was a discussion a couple days ago people are saying that Propecia may affect body hair growth negatively. If you are not using Propecia maybe that explains why you had good yield.

JohnP,

I wish it were as simple as a medication causing growth or no growth in BHT, but it is simply not the case in everyone. There are cases of poor growth without having taken a single dht inhibitor. DHT inhibitors may or may not have a deleterious effect on BHT however, if it were potential cause I would certainly wager if:

1. I wanted to risk losing what I have and stop taking all DHT inhibitors in order to Have a BHT…

2. Continue to take DHT inhibitors, watch my Body Hair for a a period of time and the decide whether or not DHT inhibitors have negative effects on the individuals BHT (Dr. A.'s recommendation)

3. Not have a BHT

This is what an actual researcher could rule in or out. However we do not at this time have such a researcher.

People have posted here (and elsewhere) about Dut greatly thinning out their body hair.

I’m trying to stay away from that DHT blocker.
Dr. Umar warned me before my BHT procedure to cut down on Propecia and try to stay away from Dut.

I think there very well might be a link.

However, if someone as been on DHT blockers for many years and has seen no difference in their BH, then I think it’s safe to proceed with a BHT cautiously.

Just one patient’s opinion.

» This is a pure BHT case on a NW6/7.
»
» Pharoboy has had two (BHT only) surgeries.
»
» Surgery #1 about 14 months ago: he had 2900 grafts from the chest, abdomen
» and legs. No head or beard hair used. A forelock with a natural fade in the
» periphery was created.
»
» Surgery #2 about 7-8 months ago: He had ~4000 graftsfrom the abdomen, legs
» and shoulders. Ne head or beard hair used. The forelock was widened, and
» connected to the sides.
»
» BEFORE
»
»