Pharoboy: Body Hair Transplant growth evidence, Dr. Umar\'s patient

This is a pure BHT case on a NW6/7.

Pharoboy has had two (BHT only) surgeries.

Surgery #1 about 14 months ago: he had 2900 grafts from the chest, abdomen and legs. No head or beard hair used. A forelock with a natural fade in the periphery was created.

Surgery #2 about 7-8 months ago: He had ~4000 graftsfrom the abdomen, legs and shoulders. Ne head or beard hair used. The forelock was widened, and connected to the sides.

BEFORE

14 months after 1st procedure & 7-8 months after 2nd, total ~6900 pure BHT.

Side by side comparison:

» This is a pure BHT case on a NW6/7.
»
» Pharoboy has had two (BHT only) surgeries.
»
» Surgery #1 about 14 months ago: he had 2900 grafts from the chest, abdomen
» and legs. No head or beard hair used. A forelock with a natural fade in the
» periphery was created.
»
» Surgery #2 about 7-8 months ago: He had ~4000 graftsfrom the abdomen, legs
» and shoulders. Ne head or beard hair used. The forelock was widened, and
» connected to the sides.
»
» BEFORE
»
»
Looks good. I believe this is a true nw7 and that extra inch or so loss on the sides requires a much greater number of grafts.

Pharoboy, I would strongly recommend beard hair especially if you plan on keeping your hair short. I would try a “test session” of 100 or so and see what the hair looks like grown out. Honestly, the less is more would be a fantastic look and one you could most likely pull off. Sort of, “I could grow my hair out if I wanted to”.

Is it just me or the hair looks kinky, not like what he has on the sides at all ?

I seriously hate to be a naysayer since we are all here for the same reason… but here goes:

That looks like crap! It literally looks like someone transplanted a bunch of body hairs onto a bald scalp. 6900 grafts? The $, the time, the discomfort, the time off work… to have your head look unlike any balding pattern ever seen in nature? I’m not trying to be mean, but we’re talking about spending serious money for hair density equivalent to my thigh. This is not what patients expect going in!

Pharoboy, my heart goes out to you, but I can not even pretend that your result is even moderately acceptable.

Flame on.

Xairyhair,

Donor Dominance…

This is what Dr. Woods means when he says “what you see is what you get” with body hair. The characteristics do indeed transfer. I think chest hair, forearm hair, and beard area hair probably would trump chest hair in most men…its just thicker and straighter than our leg hair is. Just my opinion.

» Xairyhair,
»
» Donor Dominance…
»
» This is what Dr. Woods means when he says “what you see is what you get”
» with body hair. The characteristics do indeed transfer. I think chest
» hair, forearm hair, and beard area hair probably would trump chest hair in
» most men…its just thicker and straighter than our leg hair
» is. Just my opinion.

You can’t deny that there is good growth there. But I think the key is to mix up the different types of donor. I bet he would get better density if some beard hair and scalp hair were added to the mix.

I totally agree with the above.If anything pharoboy would probally look a lot better with a shaved head look,it might make the transplanted BHT look natural,to,or at least better.

Sorry for knocking it!

Pharoboy has one of the sole BHT only cases to follow at this point . To this point he has only had 6900 BHT grafts.

He shows good growth and coverage based on the number of BHT grafts transplanted to this point. I commend him on documenting from the beginning of his work . It is apparent that he has let his BHT grow out to display the growth potential that BHT has when transplanted. I am sure that he is satisfied to this point and I hope he can continue working to complete his goals.

19,000 BHT grafts by Dr Umar
www.myhairtransformation.com

pharoboy for what you have i think you have had ok BHT growth. But for the results to look descent you will need to use a lot of your remaing head hair and also use beard hair for density.

I think you still have hope of a decent result , but you will need to move the maximum possible at least 3000 maybe up to 5000 head hair grafts into the top.

And to make this possible you will have to move as many BHT grafts into your now depleted and thin donor.

Also you will need to use as many remaining BHT and beard grafts to the top to add density.

if you do this i can see that your hair will be even all over and the bHT grafts will be camouflaged and i think you will have a decent head of hair compared to now, but you still need a lot of grafts and $$$$

Their is hope for you but you must use head hair on top, BHt will simply not give you the density you need and will look out of place.

» Pharoboy has one of the sole BHT only cases to follow at this point . To
» this point he has only had 6900 BHT grafts.
»
» He shows good growth and coverage based on the number of BHT grafts
» transplanted to this point. I commend him on documenting from the
» beginning of his work . It is apparent that he has let his BHT grow out to
» display the growth potential that BHT has when transplanted. I am sure
» that he is satisfied to this point and I hope he can continue working to
» complete his goals.
»
» 19,000 BHT grafts by Dr Umar
» www.myhairtransformation.com

That was more than a little bit cruel!! This is a work in progress. He has at least 2-3 more major sessions (or more) ahead of him. Honestly, this would be a better looks if the hair were cut much shorter, but then you wouldn’t be able to gauge the growth as well. Can’t have it both ways.

In a case of a NW7 (and a lot of NW6’s) it might be best to just go ahead and commit to a very short hair style (buzz cut). He can add beard, pubic as well as some scalp hair and have a much preferred look to a NW7. I would be frugal with the use of too much scalp hair, but he certainly can get away with 15-20% of remaining hair FUEd. He hasn’t even tapped into the heartiest and thicker hair reserves yet.

This is the path he has chosen, only he will be able to say whether or not it is meeting his goals. I believe they can be met if they are realistic. Each number on the NW scale means a bigger investment of time and money to get coverage. Even then, concessions have to be made.

» I seriously hate to be a naysayer since we are all here for the same
» reason… but here goes:
»
» That looks like crap! It literally looks like someone transplanted a
» bunch of body hairs onto a bald scalp. 6900 grafts? The $, the time, the
» discomfort, the time off work… to have your head look unlike any balding
» pattern ever seen in nature? I’m not trying to be mean, but we’re talking
» about spending serious money for hair density equivalent to my thigh. This
» is not what patients expect going in!
»
» Pharoboy, my heart goes out to you, but I can not even pretend that your
» result is even moderately acceptable.
»
» Flame on.

His case is still a work-in-progress at this point. This is by no means the final result. The reason for the update is to demonstrate the yield. Also, it is still early. Let’s not forget he is only 14 months out from his first procedure, and only 7-8 months out from his 2nd. Body hair can look and feel different after a few “cycles”.

This is a work in progress. Even with scalp hair, new hairs commonly come in kinkier than they grew at the original location for several cycles. Getting a great result with body hair requires time and patience among the other more obvious things. The process from start to finish is different from scalp hair work. There are many factors involved in creating a natural looking result. Predicting an end result at this stage is like looking at a home in the framing stage of construction and jumping to conclusions without ever seeing the floor plan and rendering.

The best hair transplant doctors today are both physicians and artists.

What do you guys expect? He is a norwood 6, it’s not like there are any other options for him. I think he can pull this off if he cuts the hair short rather than growing out long. Remember, less is more. Pharaboy please don’t grow the hair long or do a combover, it looks like that’s what you are trying to do in the pic. That is the last thing that you want. Less is more, less is more.

I think he grew it out to show the growth at this stage.

If he buzzed it, I think he would look damn good.

Just my opinion.

I think that this posting has been an excellent display to the disorientation of people’s understanding of BHT and what it takes to complete a megasession BHT restoration . I have been saying this for 2 years . Pharoboy is a Norwood 7 that realistically requires counts of 20,000 -25,000 body hair /combination scalp/beard grafts to provide the coverage that viewers/critics see as optimal .

Megassession cases such as Pharoboy are done in phases and this for some reason is not understood.

The next phase that I believe will completely change the look of Pharoboy is his temopral /hairline restoration (framing effect) . This is something that he will have to do at his own pace. We all know its not cheap . I now that I have said it before but dont judge a book after reading a few chapters. Enjoy the reading and make conclusions when it is finished.

This man has has good results for using exclusively body hair. Pharoboy do not pay any attention to the one who criticized your results.

I am figuring you grew it out longer for yourself and other to see that indeed you had success with your BHT grafts, but I do also agree that in the future you may want to keepitshorter. It will look better given your situation.

Additionally, I am sure Dr. Umar using his techniques can get some grafts from the back and sides of your scalp, and also some beard hair perhaps.

If he decides to go that route and possibly incorporate even more BH I am certain your results will even be better in the future.

What I am certain of and what I am sure you are certain of, that readers not familiar with Dr. Umar may not be aware of, is that he will take care of you and if there is something that needs to be attended to and/or made even better, he WILL DO IT.

Dr. Sanusi Umar takes care of his patients from start to finish, and he works continuously with each one of his patients to make certain they are happy with and achieve the expected results.

Once again Pharoboy do not pay any attention to the critics. You have had good growth for BHT, and IMO in the event you incorporate head and/or beard hair in the future along with more BH it will only get better.

Just remember to keepitshorter. Less really is more and looks much better in many instances and it’s an appealing style.

» I think that this posting has been an excellent display to the
» disorientation of people’s understanding of BHT and what it takes to
» complete a megasession BHT restoration . I have been saying this for 2
» years . Pharoboy is a Norwood 7 that realistically requires counts of
» 20,000 -25,000 body hair /combination scalp/beard grafts to provide the
» coverage that viewers/critics see as optimal .
»
» Megassession cases such as Pharoboy are done in phases and this for some
» reason is not understood.
»
» The next phase that I believe will completely change the look of Pharoboy
» is his temopral /hairline restoration (framing effect) . This is something
» that he will have to do at his own pace. We all know its not cheap . I now
» that I have said it before but dont judge a book after reading a few
» chapters. Enjoy the reading and make conclusions when it is finished.

hi everyone, it’s been a long time since i’ve been at hairsite.
some fellows here seem to ignore that fact that I’m a NW7. If you look closely, only 4000 grafts have been placed on the top of my head, i.e my NW6 area (2900 in the first BHT and about a 1000 on the second to fill up the temples), the reast of the grafts have been placed on teh transition area and the temple points.

If someone thinks this is the final result, or that 7000 BHT grafts would cut it, then he must be joking. The estimate is about 20,000 grafts.

Also the hair actually looks very natural if you see me in person. I’m 6’3", and not many people can see me from the top witha 5x magnification like you guys can. So far, i got a reasonable frame to my face (but i’m far from being done). I don’t really understand what’s the issue with it being curly ? there are hundreds of millions of people who have curly hair, and many of them have thin hair too, so what seems to be the issue?

I actually grew my hair a bit longer than usual, just cause i like to see it more evident.

The good thing here is that i don’t care about hair no more, my face is framed, and i don’t need to rush, i’ll go at it at my own pace.

okay, here’s a picture which i was hesitant to show, cause it was after applying dr. lee’s minox. It makes the hair a little greasy, thicker and less curly, so this shot isn’t straight out of the shower like the previous ones, but it’s how people at work see me (if they’re tall enough)

unfortunately i don’t have a lot of time to spend on the forums, so please don’t please be aware that i won’t be able to entertain questions or criticism, it is what it is. I’m happy, and i don’t think about my hair for too long, so if you like the result, good, if not, then tough, i don’t care.

Thanks for sharing the result. Clinics usually tend to just present the best results to market themselves. We should atleast commend for sharing the pics with us. pharoboy is slick NW7 on top, so expecting 4000 grafts to give a dense look using BHT is little unfair, also considering its not 10 - 14 months for all the grafts.

But I was wondering if the grafts were sparsely spaced. I hope there are grafts there.

Dr Umar if you could post immediate post op pics, it would help us.