Pete-Calosol Update

Hey Pete,

I was wondering how things are going with the Calosol topical.

Have you found the stuff irritating?

I can feel my scalp inflammation a lot these days, the PO shampoo has helped a little bit though, which has been nice.

I want to try this topical but my scalp is sensitive and I don’t want to cause more inflammation by using the topical.

» Hey Pete,
»
» I was wondering how things are going with the Calosol topical.
»
» Have you found the stuff irritating?
»
» I can feel my scalp inflammation a lot these days, the PO shampoo has
» helped a little bit though, which has been nice.
»
» I want to try this topical but my scalp is sensitive and I don’t want to
» cause more inflammation by using the topical.

I have actually been spending some time concentrating on my scalp and getting that right just via shampoos, hence I did not want to add the topical just yet.

The next step for me is to add the regular Calosol topical Spray and see what frequency suits my scalp. The Calosol topical Spray itself is NOT designed for MPB but diffuse hairloss but it should help with inflammation and accompanying hairloss - although it may be a lengthy process ( as it isnt designed for MPB).

Controlling topical inflammation (calming the immune response ) in MPB is now just making the news with new topicals hitting the market years after Calosol started doing so. There are numerous case histories and more being gathered and clinical trials are underway.

The spray is designed to be used for use in sparse areas ( thinning hair ) and the cream for slick bald areas for Alopecia. I know they do a Aloe version of the Calosol shampoo for sensitive scalps and Aloe Calosol Topical Cream.

You have a few options:

1. try the Sensitive calosol aloe shampoo alone or Sensitive Calosol aloe topical cream alone (or both together)
  2. try the regular Calosol Topical spray and use it alongside a Topical Aloe spray (which you can source elsewhere) to minimise any reactions.
  3. try a Topical aloe spray sourced elsewhere( which doesnt contain the other ingredients in calosol)

I have a little hope that we will have something in a more POTENT form specifically for MPB. I will find it!

Regards
Pete