Permanent facial / beard hair removal by FUSE

Dear forum readers,
This has been a repeated request by some of our patients for the past few years.

Many of them want to get certain beard hair removed. The commonest regions they want it removed are from -

1. High up on the cheekbones
  2. Low down on the neck

While it is true that our primary work is transplanting hair, but this has come across as a novel request from people who have an overabundance of hair or from our female patients who have hair where they do not want.

We shall document some cases of hair removal by FUSE/fue (from facial areas as well as in repair transplants).
I think this is a facet worth reckoning when compared to other methods of hair removal considering that it is less traumatic and permanent.

As far as possible, we advise patients to use these hair for their scalp. But I do foresee a time when people may increasingly request for certain hair to be removed permanently.

Regards,
Dr. A

What a shame, it would be nice if those unwanted facial hairs can be donated to those who need them.

Hello Dr. A,

I would love to reduce some of my body hair (not just on face). I tried electrolysis, but it was very slow, and it seemed like some hair grew back and had to be killed more than once. Also got some scarring between my eyebrows (unibrow) that took a while to disappear.

Can you tell me how your technique differs from electrolysis, how many hairs can be removed per hour using your technique and the cost of doing so, and whether you guarantee that each hair is dead after one treatment?

Thank you for your great work.

Please see me last post. Thanks.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by tembo[/postedby]
Hello Dr. A,

I would love to reduce some of my body hair (not just on face). I tried electrolysis, but it was very slow, and it seemed like some hair grew back and had to be killed more than once. Also got some scarring between my eyebrows (unibrow) that took a while to disappear.

Can you tell me how your technique differs from electrolysis, how many hairs can be removed per hour using your technique and the cost of doing so, and whether you guarantee that each hair is dead after one treatment?

Thank you for your great work.[/quote]

Dear tembo,

1. Difference between electrolysis and FUSE - Electrolysis delivers an electric current via a fine needle to burn the hair root/dermal papilla. There is no way of making sure that the root has indeed been destroyed. In FUSE,the extracted root is visible.

2. Whether FUSE will be faster then other permanent hair removal methods, remains to be seen.

3. Since a percentage of hair will be in telogen/exogen phase and not visible. I do not think it will be possible to remove the entire hair in one go.

4. Since the extracted hair root will be visible, that is the guarantee that it will not grow again. (If it does grow again :slight_smile: we will be seeing hair multiplication. But in our experience that does not happen.)

Regards,
Dr. A