Peeling. A tougher approach

Hi all,

a few days ago someone poste the patent that says that removing 1mm layer of scalp will promote hair regrowth.

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board_entry-id-9283-page-0-category-1-order-last_answer-descasc-DESC.html

I did a TCA30% peeling a few weeks ago. It was a thre layer peeling as I couldn’t stand the pain to go for a 4th layer.

13 days later the skin came out but it was such a thin layer that I don’t think it will do much for hair regrowth.

I have thought that once the peeling is complete apply a new one and so on several times.
Today I did a second peeling.
Let’s hope I don’t destroy my skin.

Any ideas? Suggestions? Critics? Insults?

» Any ideas? Suggestions? Critics?

I don’t agree with other people, as I don’t think a superficial/medium peeling itself will do anything relevant for us; but having said that, I don’t think it will cause any kind of harm if we apply a bit of common sense and not overuse it, so nothing wrong with trying it. Don’t think you are the first one, but I would say … don’t expect too much from it !!
About deep phenol peelings, I don’t have a clue whether it may be good or bad.

OTOH, I tend to believe that people performing peelings at home are not doing the real thing sometimes, I’d try with a doctor if it isn’t very expensive, of course, at least the first time, to see how they exactly do it.

» Insults?

LOL !!

» Any ideas? Suggestions? Critics? Insults?

You are a crazy bastard…!!!:smiley:

I hope you are doing it just in a small area (0.5cm x 0.5cm).

It’s not crazy at all.

Derms have reported new hair growth/regrowth from dermabrasion, and that’s not theoretically different from a VERY heavy peel.

We’re always seeing reports of one way or another that topical application of _______ is doing something good for hair. (Retinol, etc.) The common thread is usually that they’re an irritant, or acid, or some other way of destroying some skin surface. Even needling experiments are basically the same principle.

But the skin does not fully heal itself as soon as it appears to be okay. This is NOT something to keep doing every 2 months or something. Give the skin some real time to recover after a harsh peel or dermabrasion. Three times a year is probably as much as I would want to do. 1-2 would be safer.

And anything like peeling/dermabrasion has to be very deep & ugly. Virtually hitting blood to be honest. (But hitting blood = scarring so you can’t take chances with messing this up and going too deep.) If you haven’t made your whole scalp red & unpresentable and very uncomfortable for weeks afterward, then it’s not deep enough.

» It’s not crazy at all.
»
» Derms have reported new hair growth/regrowth from dermabrasion, and that’s
» not theoretically different from a VERY heavy peel.
»
» We’re always seeing reports of one way or another that topical application
» of _______ is doing something good for hair. (Retinol, etc.) The common
» thread is usually that they’re an irritant, or acid, or some other way of
» destroying some skin surface. Even needling experiments are basically the
» same principle.
»
»
»
»
» But the skin does not fully heal itself as soon as it appears to be
» okay. This is NOT something to keep doing every 2 months or
» something. Give the skin some real time to recover after a harsh peel or
» dermabrasion. Three times a year is probably as much as I would want to
» do. 1-2 would be safer.

»
» And anything like peeling/dermabrasion has to be very deep & ugly.
» Virtually hitting blood to be honest. (But hitting blood = scarring so you
» can’t take chances with messing this up and going too deep.) If you
» haven’t made your whole scalp red & unpresentable and very uncomfortable
» for weeks afterward, then it’s not deep enough.

You know, when I first started proscar way back when, I ordered some liquid retin-a and accidentally gave myself one hell of a peel treatement. The skin came off in a big sheet. I grew hair like crazy after that for about 6 months. Makes me wonder if I should’ve kept doing it every once and a while.

» It’s not crazy at all.

I was joking. I have no idea if this is crazy or not, but I would test it in a small area until I determine the results. You never know what can happen, even if you are well documented.

» Hi all,
»
» a few days ago someone poste the patent that says that removing 1mm layer
» of scalp will promote hair regrowth.
»
» http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board_entry-id-9283-page-0-category-1-order-last_answer-descasc-DESC.html
»
» I did a TCA30% peeling a few weeks ago. It was a thre layer peeling as I
» couldn’t stand the pain to go for a 4th layer.
»
» 13 days later the skin came out but it was such a thin layer that I don’t
» think it will do much for hair regrowth.
»
» I have thought that once the peeling is complete apply a new one and so on
» several times.
» Today I did a second peeling.
» Let’s hope I don’t destroy my skin.
»
» Any ideas? Suggestions? Critics? Insults?

Well I did a 5 layer peel of tca 30% over the entire scalp in December. It healed really well in about ten to twelve days but as far as any growth is concerned, I didn’t get much at all. Maybe a few isolated semi-terminals around the entire scalp. Very disappointed as I used gefitinib this time around.