Patient Summary - the latest report now available

The Patient Summary is now updated through Feb 2007. It is an overwhelmingly tedious reporting routine that was started about a year ago. The goal is to facilitate easy comparison of patient results among different doctors or clinics.

This time the honor goes to Dr. Arvind for leading the chart with 64 credits to his name. Good efforts and well deserved. I am also pleased to say that many of Dr. Arvind’s “pending cases” from last time are cleared as well during this round of update. Equally worth mentioning is that when this report was last published in 2006, Dr. Arvind was just 1 credit shy of tying with Dr. Cole for the #1 spot. It is quite impressive to see that Dr. Arvind has been able to sustain his efforts for such an extended period of time. This takes a lot of hard work and dedication on an ongoing basis and such commitment should not go unnoticed.

1 credit is awarded to every “Before and After” patient result posted in the forum. Normally a credit is NOT earned unless a 6 month (minimum) result is posted showing improvement, although exceptions are considered on a case by case basis.

Pending cases are also tracked to discourage doctors from getting gratuitous exposure in the forum. Pending cases are defined as patient results that only showcase immediately post op photos with no long term follow-up. Needless to say, the lower the number of pending cases, the better.

While this report may serve as a starting point for your research, please do not choose a doctor simply based on how many credits he gets. This report tracks volume and consistency, not quality. It is not the mandate of this report to judge the quality and aesthetics attributes of the work performed. Every doctor has something different to offer and there are many variables involved when it comes to what constitutes an outstanding hair transplant. A good example is Drs. Hasson and Wong. They do not post their results in the forum often, but when they do, you can be sure that it’s a home run result that would “wow” even their toughest critics.

Last but not least, may I remind our readers that this is an open forum for all doctors and clinics. If you are confident that your work can stand the scrutiny of our forum members, please do share the results with us. Your efforts will be rewarded accordingly.

To view the lastest update, click Patient Summary .

It’s a real shame that the top HTP Docs don’t get along.Can you imagine what would happen if the top HT Docs merged all their ideas & resources together? Can u imagine what techniques & advancements would arise if they could pick each other’s brains? It’s a real shame that something like this would never happen. HM is light years away, a coalition of top HTP docs working together is something that could happen overnight.This coalition would clean out the industry as well.
Maybe this is just a foolish dream by a foolish man.

david,

thats a truely fantastic piece of work you have put together.

i know how time consuming it is as i started a similar thing a few years back but found it way to time consuming !

just wanted to say a very big THANKYOU for doing this.

I, for one, really appreciate it. its excellent.

col.

I second that, good job although it would be nice if you could update this more regularly rather than once a year. Sometimes it’s not all that useful when the data is half a year old.

Here here!

» I second that, good job although it would be nice if you could update this
» more regularly rather than once a year. Sometimes it’s not all that useful
» when the data is half a year old.

Will try…am getting used to the reporting format now, it should be easier to report more frequently going forward.

» It’s a real shame that the top HTP Docs don’t get along.

Yes, shame is the word.