Oscar the Grunge Regrowth Challenge To WidowsPeak

The regrowth chronology of Oscar the Grunge. Hair can be regrown by grunge and brushing alone. The scalp exercise might help also…

Grunge:

http://www.getitback.us/

Scalp Brushing:

http://recedinghairline.blogspot.com/

Scalp Exercise:

The first pic is some modest regrowth I got in the first three months of grunging. The second picture shows the telogen effluvium shed I experienced from quitting beta-sis after feeling side effects and extreme lethargy. Then regrowth from two months of minoxidil. The last pic is my current status of regrowth with no beta-sis poison. I have been grunging for the majority of the time. I used shampoo three times in the two years and used rogaine for two months in 2006. The brunt of my regimen has been grunge, brushing, and scalp exercise it seems, and much of the other stuff like nightly scalp applications of Vicks Vaporub might or might not have helped… who knows?

Beta-sis is pure evil for the hair, so buyer beware…:stuck_out_tongue:

»
»
»
» The regrowth chronology of Oscar the Grunge. Hair can be regrown by grunge
» and brushing alone. The scalp exercise might help also…
»
» Grunge:
»
» http://www.getitback.us/
»
» Scalp Brushing:
»
» http://recedinghairline.blogspot.com/
»
» Scalp Exercise:
»
» My Approach | Hair Loss Is Reversible
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
» The first pic is some modest regrowth I got in the first three months of
» grunging. The second picture shows the telogen effluvium shed I
» experienced from quitting beta-sis after feeling side effects and extreme
» lethargy. Then regrowth from two months of minoxidil. The last pic is my
» current status of regrowth with no beta-sis poison. I have been grunging
» for the majority of the time. I used shampoo three times in the two years
» and used rogaine for two months in 2006. The brunt of my regimen has been
» grunge, brushing, and scalp exercise it seems, and much of the other stuff
» like nightly scalp applications of Vicks Vaporub might or might not have
» helped… who knows?
»
» Beta-sis is pure evil for the hair, so buyer beware…:stuck_out_tongue:

just because something did not work for you, doesnt make it bad

If something did work for you, conversely, doesnt make it a baldness cure, might not work on another guy at all

this is why there is no 'cure for baldness"

everyone responds differently to different regimens

Lemme get this straight (despite the obviously photoshopped last photo), a guy will put vicks vapor-rub on his noggin’ that contains TURPENTINE :

Vicks VapoRub ingredients What’s Related >>

5.26% Camphor
2.82% Menthol
0.09% Thymol
1.33% Oils of Eucalyptus
0.69% Nutmeg
0.44% Cedar Leaf
4.68% Turpentine
100% Petrolatum q.s

…but swears off shampoo.

Note: “Menthol” can be synthetic. It does not mean it came from peppermint oil or peppermint extract. It very well may, but it might not.

Camphor is in a hairloss patent as a alpha five inhibitor (Ive seen it), and is an essential oil as it thyme, eucalyptus, cedar leaf (pine oil)…you could make this yourself even cheaper than the Vicks with less oiliness if you wanted too.

These 4 guys (Diamond Dave, Hitlerspeak is going bald, Kramer, and one of the others) were shown to have one web address at the same house way on back by hairsite. I dont trust anything this person comes up with as authentic, including that regrowth pic. Sorry, not buying it.

» Lemme get this straight (despite the obviously photoshopped last photo), a
» guy will put vicks vapor-rub on his noggin’ that contains TURPENTINE :
»
»
» Vicks VapoRub ingredients What’s Related >>
»
» –
» 5.26% Camphor
» 2.82% Menthol
» 0.09% Thymol
» 1.33% Oils of Eucalyptus
» 0.69% Nutmeg
» 0.44% Cedar Leaf
» 4.68% Turpentine
» 100% Petrolatum q.s
»
»
» …but swears off shampoo.
»
»
»
»
» Note: “Menthol” can be synthetic. It does not mean it came from peppermint
» oil or peppermint extract. It very well may, but it might not.
»
»
» Camphor is in a hairloss patent as a alpha five inhibitor (Ive seen it),
» and is an essential oil as it thyme, eucalyptus, cedar leaf (pine
» oil)…you could make this yourself even cheaper than the
» Vicks with less oiliness if you wanted too.
»
»
»
»
» These 4 guys (Diamond Dave, Hitlerspeak is going bald, Kramer, and one of
» the others) were shown to have one web address at the same house way on
» back by hairsite. I dont trust anything this person comes up with as
» authentic, including that regrowth pic. Sorry, not buying it.

Vicks Vaporub contains menthol from natural sources. I don’t know anything about “photoshop” and I don’t appreciate your obviously obsessive compulsive remarks accusing me of such.

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/Qna/Detail.Cfm?FAQID=10117&ExpertID=1

quote:

Andrew asked: "Hi doctor, i was just wondering if you knew if brushing your hair regularly was a practice that could be beneficial to someone who wanted to keep their hair. I would assume that it would increase blood flow to the scalp, but i wanted your opinion. Thanks Andy "

Dr Peter H. Proctor, PhD MD answered: “Mild stimulation has been reported to stimulate hair growth. But too much can inhibit it. Dr Proctor”

After researching all the facts it appears that WidowsPeak’s theories are exactly opposite to the true theory of regrowth. Ingestion of Beta-sis pills will cause upregulation of androgen receptors and an increased rate of balding after an initial period of regrowth. Some people will not even experience any regrowth from beta-sis just a brief slowing of hair-loss before the androgenic floodgates are opened and the scalp soon resembles the windswept plains of the Serengeti.

“No Spill celebacy” will also increase baldness not stop it. Average spill will become average baldness and if my calculations are correct, then in principle, if a person could spill at least 10 times daily, they would NEVER go bald. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey Oscar…your pics look really good. Congrats on the successful regrowth.
WidowsPeak is living proof that beta-sis and blue balls doesn’t regrow hair.
WidowsPeak has not been heard from since he went to LA for transplants but I know he is reading the forums though.:wink:

» Hey Oscar…your pics look really good. Congrats on the successful
» regrowth.
» WidowsPeak is living proof that beta-sis and blue balls doesn’t regrow
» hair.
» WidowsPeak has not been heard from since he went to LA for transplants but
» I know he is reading the forums though.:wink:

widows is not proof of beta sis anything

who knows if the guy even exists, other than some fake pics and some posts

I have been on natural dht blockers for 8 yrs and they definitely work for some people…but a combo of many work better than one
and you need a comprehensive program of topicals internals, vits etc to attack from all angles
no one thing is a cure all

but just because beta sis didnt work for one person means ZIPPO as to its overall effectiveness

» widows is not proof of beta sis anything
»
» who knows if the guy even exists, other than some fake pics and some
» posts
Hangin…I thought you and Widows used to be tight…
He must have really dissed you for you to question his existence.
What’s up?

» » widows is not proof of beta sis anything
» »
» » who knows if the guy even exists, other than some fake pics and some
» » posts
» Hangin…I thought you and Widows used to be tight…
» He must have really dissed you for you to question his existence.
» What’s up?

he is a nutcase

that guy stole his nick, that diamondave/hitlerspeaks/ etc from the cult site for the grunge, and he got into it with me and a bunch of other guys as widows, so that was confusing

regardless im not sure who is who now, but the latest widows pics are sure not showing any progress, he seems to be getting worse and if he is now getting a transplant, who knows if that is true, lol

just the guys saying beta sis doesnt work because one guy said it didnt work on him
every program has winners and losers, responders and non responders

a lot of guys do not respond at all to saw palmetto pygeum, beta sis and internals like that, i responded well to just saw palmetto

but
that doesnt mean saw palmetto is good or great…it just means im one of the lucky responders and it has the potential of helping a lot if a guys system responds to it

guys try to paint regimens as good or bad because they did or did not respond to them , to me that is off base

for me , my regimen is very helpful, and the best I have found

for you, it may not work at all

we all have to experiment, add and subtract things as we view their progress on ourselves

I will say that of all the guys who have tried my regimen, the best feedback is the super hair vits and minerals

most guys report back positive results on that, and most are taking lame vitamins now or none

Beta-sis would have better effect as a topical. Taking large quantities of beta-sis as an ingested internal is taking a serious risk…

http://www.westonaprice.org/modernfood/toxinstoast.html

quote:

"Consumer Beware

Just what are phytosterols? They are hormone-like compounds from plants, and they are present in large numbers in the effluent from the wood pulp business. Canadian, UK and Scandinavian scientists have shown that water contaminated with phytosterols causes endocrine damage to fish downstream from wood-pulp plants. The fish become “sex-inverted” and hermaphroditic; fertility is also reduced. Phytosterols are a problem for wood pulp processors because they are difficult to remove. For a time, in the 1960s, they were able to cash in on them, as they were used as a basis for commercial human sex hormones. That use became obsolete as even cheaper sources of waste products, derived from lanolin in sheep’s wool became available! Phytosterols also have the classic estrogenic effect of stimulating the growth of uterine tissues, which may explain their folk-loric use as abortifacients.

There is a remarkable similarity between the chemical structure of plant sterols and Diethylstilbestrol, the synthetic hormone associated with reproductive cancers in women. This is one reason scientists seriously considered them as natural anti-fertility agents in place of the modern synthetic contraceptive pill. This potential usage was abandoned when phytosterols were found to have similarly harmful side-effects.

The National Research Council of the US Academy of Sciences has warned about the potential of hormone exposure to humans from water downstream from paper-mill effluent outflows, noting that these compounds can induce feminization in male fish and cause the proliferation of breast cancer cells. Human studies have shown that phytosterols are also osteolytic, meaning that they cause a breakdown of the organic bone matrix, and the subsequent leaching of the inorganic bone fraction.14 This can lead to a life-threatening condition called hypercalcemia, where the plasma level of calcium soars, an emergency situation that occurs in about 40 percent of cancer patients."

Oscar wrote:

Beta-sis would have better effect as a topical. Taking large quantities of beta-sis as an ingested internal is taking a serious risk…

Thats precisely what Ive told the guy that takes beta sis. Beta sis will sit on an androgen receptor. Beta sis is in revivogen and crinagen. Pine oil is 10-18% beta sis. I put pine oil on the back of my hand almost two years ago for a few months. It decreased hair on the back of the hand. It blocks receptors, but it does not do anything for DHT. It might be a topical anti-androgen, but there are definite side effects with pine products on human lungs. A guy posted a great link that concerend the health problems little rodents have when placed on beds of pine chip shavings, etc with respitory problems. For the few months I used the pine oil on my hand, I had a strange little cough after about three weeks until I quit. It was weird.

There are other topical anti-androgens like licorice, peppermint, clove, rose hips with much less or no side effects that would be better to use topically. '/

I’d sooner take 5 mgs of finasteride than alot of beta sis internally.

I seriously doubt that the negative reaction to the pine chips had anything whatsoever to do with beta sis. However, my experience taking beta sis internally has been very negative with almost immediate shedding (within several days of taking it).

Taken from another website:

Action and Uses.—Oil of pine has properties closely resembling those of oil of turpentine. It is employed principally, as an inhalation with hot water, for its stimulating and disinfecting action in catarrh of the respiratory passages, and is used in chronic laryngitis and bronchitis. It is also used dissolved in almond oil or liquid paraffin, as a spray. The oil is given internally as a disinfectant and expectorant, administered on sugar, in capsules, or in the form of pastilles. Applied to the skin, pine oil is rubefacient and mildly counter-irritant, and is used similarly to oil of turpentine. It is rubbed over chronic rheumatic joints, which are then covered with cotton wool, or 1 fluid drachm of the oil may be added to a warm bath.

» I seriously doubt that the negative reaction to the pine chips had anything
» whatsoever to do with beta sis. However, my experience taking beta sis
» internally has been very negative with almost immediate shedding (within
» several days of taking it).
»

I thought all you guys come on here saying shedding is a sign of the program working, yet you get shedding with beta sis and you say beta sis sucks, and its evil

you guys make up your mind, is shedding good or bad

i get shedding with niz cream, it freaks me out and guys jump me and say, hey hangin thats normal means it is working

» » I seriously doubt that the negative reaction to the pine chips had
» anything
» » whatsoever to do with beta sis. However, my experience taking beta sis
» » internally has been very negative with almost immediate shedding
» (within
» » several days of taking it).
» »
»
» I thought all you guys come on here saying shedding is a sign of the
» program working, yet you get shedding with beta sis and you say beta sis
» sucks, and its evil
»
» you guys make up your mind, is shedding good or bad
»
» i get shedding with niz cream, it freaks me out and guys jump me and say,
» hey hangin thats normal means it is working

That’s the thing, no one seems to have the balls to continue their treatment when they see their hair loss 'worsening". Its like the old “how many licks does it take to get to the bottom of the tootsie roll” or however it went, no one seems to give it a chance. I did, and thankfully my shed seems to have subsided. The only place that i read about a shedding that caused complete baldness was on a hair transplant site, which of course i don’t believe.

I have seen plenty of shed stories that dont grow back

Lets say half the sheds grow back and half dont

lets take the sheds that dont grow back, something is messed up and causes the hair follicle to shed and so you are basically advancing your baldness , does it kill the hair follicle, what happens, not sure but I have heard stories

thats why some guys get spooked and think hmmm do I want to shed MORE hair that wont grow back possibly

if all sheds grew back it would be pointless to get upset , but all sheds dont grow back

» I have seen plenty of shed stories that dont grow back
»
» Lets say half the sheds grow back and half dont
»
» lets take the sheds that dont grow back, something is messed up and causes
» the hair follicle to shed and so you are basically advancing your baldness
» , does it kill the hair follicle, what happens, not sure but I have heard
» stories
»
» thats why some guys get spooked and think hmmm do I want to shed MORE
» hair that wont grow back possibly
»
» if all sheds grew back it would be pointless to get upset , but all sheds
» dont grow back

Well, I am still not that versed in the physiology of hair, but it seems rather strange for hair to completely stop functioning due to a stimulus (minox and the like). Theres a great article on hair shedding here, Understanding Shedding and Hair Loss Treatment. I am also basing things on my own experience, part of me wanted to stop my treatment because I freaked out. Had I stopped it then I would have attributed the stoppage of hair shedding to my discontinuation of the treatment. I am still on my ‘treatment’ and thankfully the shedding has subsided.

» » I have seen plenty of shed stories that dont grow back
» »
» » Lets say half the sheds grow back and half dont
» »
» » lets take the sheds that dont grow back, something is messed up and
» causes
» » the hair follicle to shed and so you are basically advancing your
» baldness
» » , does it kill the hair follicle, what happens, not sure but I have
» heard
» » stories
» »
» » thats why some guys get spooked and think hmmm do I want to shed MORE
» » hair that wont grow back possibly
» »
» » if all sheds grew back it would be pointless to get upset , but all
» sheds
» » dont grow back
»
» Well, I am still not that versed in the physiology of hair, but it seems
» rather strange for hair to completely stop functioning due to a stimulus
» (minox and the like). Theres a great article on hair shedding here,
» Understanding Shedding and Hair Loss Treatment. I am also basing
» things on my own experience, part of me wanted to stop my treatment
» because I freaked out. Had I stopped it then I would have attributed the
» stoppage of hair shedding to my discontinuation of the treatment. I am
» still on my ‘treatment’ and thankfully the shedding has subsided.

I still think that my top front is NOTICEABLY thinner

this may have been there when i started since on thin hair it looks different on different days, different shampoos, different hair styles, different lighting

I may go back on the niz depends

» Oscar wrote:
»
» "Beta-sis would have better effect as a topical. Taking large
» quantities of beta-sis as an ingested internal is taking a serious
» risk…
»
"
»

»
» There are other topical anti-androgens like licorice, peppermint, clove,
» rose hips with much less or no side effects that would be better to use
» topically. '/
»
»
» I’d sooner take 5 mgs of finasteride than alot of beta sis internally.

I seem to be able to find a lot more positive information on phytosterols then negative. I take them to lower my cholesterol instead of statins which seem to give me wayyyyy more side effects. The fact that beta sis is also used as DHT inhibitor… well I have not experienced any “hair” benefit from it. It has significantly lowered my cholesterol though. So what is your advice to people with abnormally high LDL cholesterol levels? Take a statin? I seem to be able to find a lot more negative shit about statins than plant sterols.

I think the amount taken is key here…since it’s hard to avoid them via the food we eat. There have been posts on this in the past…

» I think the amount taken is key here…since it’s hard to avoid them via the
» food we eat. There have been posts on this in the past…

the master has spoken

be sure to bow when you leave the room