One idea... try to clone

How difficult could be today clone one hair? I’m not an expert, but in the news updates i read every day notice that are very most impressive than a clonation of one hair…i think that if a researcher want to do this, today he can.
Icx maybe could already do this, remember the patent about the PROTO HAIRS, but seems that they aren’t interested in a commercialization of this technique…
So my idea is this: try to search one biotech company (there are a lot of them), that make only a clonation of your hairs on demand… (simply example… 5000 hairs for 6000 dollars…). We know that the only limitation of a transplant is the donor, so with a clonation of the donor the problem is resolved… after you can go to the doctor for the transplant (with the hairs packed in a special container…)

Someone know some biotech company that we can listen for this purpose?

As far as I know only a hair should be easy to clone, but it wouldn´t be functional.
You should also develop the follicle, the vessel, vascularization, and sebaceus glande to do it work, and it seems to be a little bit more complicated

» As far as I know only a hair should be easy to clone, but it wouldn´t be
» functional.
» You should also develop the follicle, the vessel, vascularization, and
» sebaceus glande to do it work, and it seems to be a little bit more
» complicated

icx doesn’t already do this? they had speak about a cloned proto hair that can regrow after a skin implant… there is the protocol on line

It’s fairly easy, almost any HT doc could do it. Just instead of taking a full graft, take half of it (dissect it longitudaly), leaving half of it in place. Then plant the other half and see what happens. It should just work.

if you want to do the same out of your body, it is a bit trickier. you just cant clone hair without having them growing on top of something. and then, you just cant expect them tu survive for too long in your special box :slight_smile:

The problem with cloning hair follicles is that it’s exactly the hardest kind of cloning to do.

Science can easily do quick-n-dirty replications of cell lines, like in skin grafts. And with a lot of trial & error and a lot of thrown-out embryos, science can clone a whole organism.

But hair follicles are more like trying to clone an entire intact organ without the rest of the creature. That’s by far the hardest thing to do. Cloning it is is hard, and then controlling the cloned item is a whole lot harder.

Whatever gives us our hair back, it is unlikely that it will come from cloning. Even if the final winner doesn’t turn out to be Follica or Acell or anything we know about right now, HM will still probably come from some type of medication-assisted wounding/regrowth method.