On the PGD2 Clinical Trials

I would like to bring this up again.

This is the most recent patent by Cotsarelis :

http://patentscope.wipo.int/search/en/detail.jsf?docId=WO2013142295&recNum=1&maxRec=&office=&prevFilter=&sortOption=&queryString=&tab=PCT+Biblio

It is very small and concise when compared to previous patents and mentions just a handful of different genes/etc whereas other earlier patents mentioned 100s. Since this seems to be the “final” patent perhaps we can make a guess that the clinical trials will be starting soon. I doubt they will start in the festive season but maybe early 2014. Does anyone has any inside information on this?

Have any third party trials on GPR44(the receptor pgd2 binds to)blockers been completed? - this is what was probably holding back the commencement of the trial.

Im clutching at straws just a tad with the patent interpretation but I think this forum needs some good discussion on proven science. If anyone has any updates please post for everyone to see.

Some points to start with:

The other thread “Propionate Clobetasol; a PGD2 antagonist” involved another type of alopecia in which both AGA and it are non-scarring types of hairloss. After applying the treatment they got serious regrowth, AA sufferers also get regrowth - this implies AGA is reversible(if not fully, then partially). Cotsarelis has hinted that Alopecia’s may overlap.

It was late 2012 when Cotsarelis said the trial will start within 2 years so early 2014 is looking promising.