Ok this is why vitamins are important IMO

This is a short tutorial on my history with hair vitamins as per request by fckhrlss

if you do not believe in this theory please click off this

I will add some more short tutorials as per request, on DHT blockers etc or other natural supps that work for me and others

This is a short history of my experience with hair vitamins. I started thinning when i was 21 way before all the internet and DHT blockers etc were around. I had no choice basically and all i could really do was take vitamins and change my diet.
I experimented taking anything you could imagine. I noticed that when i was taking like 20 different bottles of pills it helped my hair a lot, but the best results I got was when I took Ultra Hair by Natures Plus. Why? I think its because of the Biotin. There is 2000mcg timed released Biotin in there and biotin is critical for protein synthesis. B vitamins are water soluble so supposedly the timed release is more effective, although some would argue this point I have found timed release to work better.

Anyways I continued to thin on the vitamins, but I delayed my hair loss about 10 to 15 yrs I feel by taking them.

Your hair skin and nails are last in line to recieve nutrition by your body, The body considers them to be non important. It will nourish the intenernal organs, the brain etc, first and if there is anything left over the body will nourish the hair.

If you are at all deficient in any nutrient , you can be almost assured that the hair will get NONE of that nutrient, because of this pecking order. Also I feel that when the DHT constricts the base of the hair follicles, it cuts off the blood supply to the follicles, thereby constricting them somewhat. So even a normal healthy diet will not be sufficent, in nutrients for the hair, since the flow of nutrients is diminished by the constricted follicles in that area. This is another reason, in my opinion, for the vitamins.

I now Use Maxi Hair by Country Life because it is half the price Of Ultra Hair. and last time I checked it was like 8 dollars for 60 pills, this might have gone up.

All I know is that when I take the Maxi Hair, my hair grows thicker, faster, and is way more healthy. This is in no way a solution to hair loss, but it is a HUGE help, also mentally. There is a lot of MSM also in there and also horsetail, which if you do research , you find are beneficial to growth rate and hair overall healthy appearance. There is also 2000mcg timed released Biotin. For some reason, I found this Biotin to be the make or break when I was taking vitamins only, and I had no success in finding timed released Biotin in a stand alone Pill. Perhaps they make one now. When I took The same amount of Biotin every day, and it was not timed release? my hair still fell out in gobs in the shower. The Timed Release? for some reason stopped my fallout. May not do the same for you but its worth a try, These super hair vitamins are not simply thrown together. they know what works, and they put exactly that in these tablets. They build their business on repeat orders, people ordering the pills and thinking HEY THIS REALLY REALLY HELPS MY HAIR, they cannot survive as a business on first time orders. If these pills dont work people will not buy them again, thats why they have been around for years and the companies are successful

A super hair vitamin nowadays is not expensive, and it is a necessary element of your overall regimen. Also try to add a good chelated multi mineral. Will this solve your problem? no but it is by my own history A HUGE HELP, and part of the overall equation

WRONG FORUM!

» WRONG FORUM!

fckhrlss requested a lot of input from a few guys on naturals and topicals, scroll down and learn to read

i posted at the top of my post IF YOU DONT AGREE WITH THIS CLICK OFF

\learn to read

a post like this is a lot more helpful to board members who are not narrow minded enough to ignore it

certainly more helpful than another delusional HM theory that will never pan out

» » WRONG FORUM!
»
» fckhrlss requested a lot of input from a few guys on naturals and
» topicals, scroll down and learn to read
»
» i posted at the top of my post IF YOU DONT AGREE WITH THIS CLICK OFF
»
» \learn to read
»
» a post like this is a lot more helpful to board members who are not narrow
» minded enough to ignore it
»
» certainly more helpful than another delusional HM theory that will never
» pan out

Hey hairsite

FCKHRLSS REQUESTED THIS BE POSTED ON THE HM BOARD

perhaps if you would read the posts before moving them around/deleting them as per normal, it would help

» fckhrlss requested a lot of input from a few guys on naturals and
» topicals, scroll down and learn to read

So f–ing what? THIS WAS POSTED IN THE HM FORUM! IT IS FOR DISCUSSIONS ABOUT HM! LEARN TO READ YOURSELF AND LEARN SOME MANNERS WHILE YOU’RE AT IT!

I doesn’t matter that someone else tells you to post something which doesn’t belong there.

» i posted at the top of my post IF YOU DONT AGREE WITH THIS CLICK OFF
»
» \learn to read

That doesn’t matter! You still posted in the wrong forum. Do you think I don’t know that I can click away from posts I don’t find interesting? The HM forum is not a forum for ice skating. It is not a forum for knitting. It is not a forum for weddings. It is not a forum for p0rn. It is not a forum for religion. Do you think it would be ok for me (or anyone) to post about that stuff or anything other OT in there just because I’d write “don’t read it if you’re not interested” in the beginning of the post? Of course not. And that is why the post was moved. It is already getting a bother to wade through the stuff in there which is not about HM.

» a post like this is a lot more helpful to board members who are not narrow
» minded enough to ignore it

I’m sure your oddball theory which completely lacks any scientific backing, is completely anectdotal and ignores just about EVERYTHING we DO know about MPB is helpful. But post it where it belongs. I don’t mind reading about stuff I don’t agree with, as long as it is in the right place. We are all entitled to our opinion and I would gladly defend your right in that respect. But don’t for a second think that your opinion is more important than anyone elses and that you enjoy some sort of special right to post it where it doesn’t belong.

learn something about nutrition and then come back and see us
if you are stupid enough to ignore nutrition as it relates to hair loss you deserve to go bald,

why are you on the natural forum? this post as you are answering it, is in the NATURAL FORUM

why are you here? if you think naturals are bogus?

» learn something about nutrition and then come back and see us
» if you are stupid enough to ignore nutrition as it relates to hair loss
» you deserve to go bald,
»
» why are you on the natural forum? this post as you are answering it, is in
» the NATURAL FORUM
»
» why are you here? if you think naturals are bogus?

Because I wanted to tell you that I think your theory “completely lacks any scientific backing, is completely anectdotal and ignores just about EVERYTHING we DO know about MPB” which I stated in the previous message. That is completely on topic and in the correct forum.

Also, I’m answering to the things you, the thread orignator, are saying directly to me, inside your own thread. Not interested? Well just “CLICK OFF” then… Surely you can’t cry about people being off-topic when they answer directly to the things you say in your own thread? That would be insane. Or extremely childish.

Listen, I know you posted after fckhrlss or whatever his name is, were at eachothers throats in the other thread, and I’m sure he’s to blame and trolled you into posting, but the point is I DON’T CARE! The board is so polluted with some people’s endless bickering, it is really sickening. Rise above it! PLEASE! And please, please, don’t reply saying something like “well, he started it”. I’m sure he did. Grown ups can handle stuff like that. In retrospect, wouldn’t it have been better if you had said “Oh, I’m sorry [even if you aren’t], I didn’t mean to have a negative impact on your thread or tick you off in any way, I just thought you wanted my input since you put my name in the topic. I posted with the best of intentions. Please disregard my post and sorry if I hurt anyone’s feelings. Thanks!”. That would have made HIM look silly. See my point?

Vitamins are important but I think sometimes they do not get absorped into your bloodstream effectively

» learn something about nutrition and then come back and see us
» if you are stupid enough to ignore nutrition as it relates to hair loss
» you deserve to go bald,
»
» why are you on the natural forum? this post as you are answering it, is in
» the NATURAL FORUM
»
» why are you here? if you think naturals are bogus?

Hangin try to get along with people for once in your miserable life bro. Learn some manners. Speak to people with some humility. I honestly think you’ll have a better quality of life if you changed yourself. I can’t believe you said “I go to HM forum just to harass people”. What kind of a f*ckin loser does that? Your problems are beyond hair loss. You need a shrink badly…and I’m not saying that to offend you. Grow up man. We’re all rocking the same boat here and we all want the samething at the end. If you’re 50 then act your age.

» » learn something about nutrition and then come back and see us
» » if you are stupid enough to ignore nutrition as it relates to hair loss
» » you deserve to go bald,
» »
» » why are you on the natural forum? this post as you are answering it, is
» in
» » the NATURAL FORUM
» »
» » why are you here? if you think naturals are bogus?
»
» Hangin try to get along with people for once in your miserable life bro.
» Learn some manners. Speak to people with some humility. I honestly think
» you’ll have a better quality of life if you changed yourself. I can’t
» believe you said “I go to HM forum just to harass people”. What kind of a
» f*ckin loser does that? Your problems are beyond hair loss. You need a
» shrink badly…and I’m not saying that to offend you. Grow up man. We’re
» all rocking the same boat here and we all want the samething at the end. If
» you’re 50 then act your age.

lol king of rudeness pipes in

» Vitamins are important but I think sometimes they do not get absorped into
» your bloodstream effectively

possibly a lack of minerals can cause this also

» » learn something about nutrition and then come back and see us
» » if you are stupid enough to ignore nutrition as it relates to hair loss
» » you deserve to go bald,
» »
» » why are you on the natural forum? this post as you are answering it, is
» in
» » the NATURAL FORUM
» »
» » why are you here? if you think naturals are bogus?
»
» Because I wanted to tell you that I think your theory “completely lacks
» any scientific backing, is completely anectdotal and ignores just about
» EVERYTHING we DO know about MPB” which I stated in the previous message.
» That is completely on topic and in the correct forum.
»
» Also, I’m answering to the things you, the thread orignator, are saying
» directly to me, inside your own thread. Not interested? Well just “CLICK
» OFF” then… Surely you can’t cry about people being off-topic when they
» answer directly to the things you say in your own thread? That would be
» insane. Or extremely childish.
»
» Listen, I know you posted after fckhrlss or whatever his name is, were at
» eachothers throats in the other thread, and I’m sure he’s to blame and
» trolled you into posting, but the point is I DON’T CARE! The board is so
» polluted with some people’s endless bickering, it is really sickening. Rise
» above it! PLEASE! And please, please, don’t reply saying something like
» “well, he started it”. I’m sure he did. Grown ups can handle stuff like
» that. In retrospect, wouldn’t it have been better if you had said “Oh, I’m
» sorry [even if you aren’t], I didn’t mean to have a negative impact on your
» thread or tick you off in any way, I just thought you wanted my input since
» you put my name in the topic. I posted with the best of intentions. Please
» disregard my post and sorry if I hurt anyone’s feelings. Thanks!”. That
» would have made HIM look silly. See my point?

do some research on nutrition and hairloss

can my super hair vitamins reverse baldness , no, they do nothing to DHT

but they can, at least in my case severely delay the onset of MPB

theories mean nothing, results is all that matters

how much benefit have we all had from all the theories of HM? zero
it is not here nor will we be able to predict its arrival if ever,

i base my vitamins encouragement on 15 yrs of experience taking them BEFORE i took any DHT blockers
thats all i had ok? and I was a few years from NW7 When i started

my dad was bald by age 24 i was on the exact timeline but i delayed the acceleration and progress of my MPB with vitamins, and diet alone

now eventually if you do not address dht the positive effects of the vitamins will be overcome by the negative effects of the dht

but
to say vitamins dont matter. ? so if you say that then , conversely, you are saying that poor nutrition does not negatively affect your hair

if you believe that you are beyond help

You say EVERYTHING WE KNOW ABOUT HAIR LOSS CONTRADICTS THIS?
prove it
post a study saying nutrition has no effect on hair loss

there is also a study where rats had all the biotin removed from their diet to see the effect of Biotin on hair

the rats went totally bald

DUH
but hey vitamins dont affect hair loss, according to you

so you are telling me that, protein synthesis problems, or the inability to correctly and efficiently metabolize protein (which makes up a large percentage of the hair follicle) would not negatively affect hair growth, or encourage weak hair or fallout
Biotin is very important for the synthesis of protein in the body

http://www.jbc.org/cgi/content/abstract/245/21/5600
http://www.springerlink.com/content/p17177u130158001/

this is why Biotin is 2000 mcg or 666% in Ultra Hair or Maxi Hair. It is no coincidence or accident, they do this for a reason. It is critical to healthy hair

If you are ignoring super hair vitamins in your regimen, I think you are making a mistake

» Because I wanted to tell you that I think your theory “completely lacks
» any scientific backing, is completely anectdotal and ignores just about
» EVERYTHING we DO know about MPB”

One’s personal experience will always trump another’s “scientific backing.”

:wink:

http://jn.nutrition.org/cgi/reprint/28/3/203.pdf

I am certainly not going to make any effort to disprove your theory. It’s your theory, you prove it. That is how a scientific process goes. The displayed lack of understanding of the scientific method is saddening. If I searched a thousand years for evidence against the Flying Spaghetti Monster, I still wouldn’t be able to find any. So I guess it is real as well by your logic (for lack of a better word).

I could go on an and on and refute every point you made, but it would make no difference. I still wouldn’t able to convince you. And I would realistically not be convinced by you. We just aren’t going to see eye to eye on this subject. Our starting points are too different. So, instead of wasting my time - and yours - now that the thread is in the right forum, I’m going to head over to the HM forum and look for subjects I find really interesting (no offense) in the hopes that you’ll find someone here who is interested in your theory.

Good luck in the future!

as i said before, there are plenty of studies proving nutrition and vitamins
being critical to hair growth
apparently You have chosen to ignore these studies, so your statement that there is no proof is basically a lie, the truth is what good is proof if you chose to ignore it?

but that being the case, as I said before studies mean nothing to me

I use them as fact finding but studies alone are meaningless. If a study says a supplement is important I might try that supplement, if it works great, I will continue using it

but as the Natural and I tried to point out to your narrow mind, studies alone
dont mean much. What good are they if the supplement or method discussed has no effect on you? they are completely useless

conversely, if something works, regardless if you can dig up a study to back it up, IT WORKS. This is far more important than some study.

I can testify FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, not only from studies, THAT VITAMINS AND DIET ARE CRITICAL TO HEALTHY HAIR. Thats the bottom line. I would much rather listen to someone say THIS WORKED ON ME, than for them to post some useless study, which may have been funded by someone with an agenda.

You challenged me and said that there is no proof that vitamins are critical to hair growth. I posted studies on BIOTIN which proved that it is CRITICAL to protein synthesis. Instead of trying to dispute this, which I would have expected, you chose to ignore it, which proves you are not sincere in your statements and that you are biased against naturals and vitamins, despite being presented evidence to the contrary.

» http://jn.nutrition.org/cgi/reprint/28/3/203.pdf

If you notice , if any of you take the time to read that study, the mice
when induced with a biotin deficiency, most of the mice even died prematurely, but all of them also suffered alopecia

Now here we have AN ANIMAL THAT NEVER LOSES ITS HAIR GENETICALLY, being induced to
have alopecia by a deficiency in BIOTIN

if that is not proof that BIOTIN IS CRITICAL to hair growth, then you guys just refuse to see the light