OK, so how likely you see it that the home tests will prove to be effective

By effective I mean, effective enough to compete with current HT’s.

And to give it a time constraint, lets say untill summer 2009. So do you see it likely that we might be able to grow hair thick enough to give HT like results by then?

If Baccy can do it once…he can do it again :stuck_out_tongue:

Trying to pin down any concrete timelines is deadly right now. Too much uncertainty left in this deal.

It’s like the Iraq war. Are we making progress? Yes. Are we very likely to be done within the next couple years? Yes. But asking for a specific timeline is just setting yourself up for disappointment.

I think it’s safe to say that we know, more than ever before, that it CAN work. But we don’t know enough about the specifics yet to lay out a plan.

Maybe within 2-3 is likely. (Speaking purely about the home experimenters. The timeline for Folica’s legit product is something else entirely.)

» If Baccy can do it once…he can do it again :stuck_out_tongue:

I think more importantly, baccy’s results have inspired others to try. And if a few more people have similar results, that’ll inspire even more people to try, and it’ll all snowball. The more people trying it the better, and the faster a real protocol can be established.

This of course assumes that the follica theory works at all. :stuck_out_tongue:

The most knowledgeable posters on here ought to post a DIY Follica/dermabrasion guide, perhaps with several different possible protocols. I think more lurkers and unknown posters would be inclined to try if they had a precise set of instruction set out before them. The exchanges regarding DIY Follica methods on this board thus far have been enlightening and exciting, but also just too abstruse and thick with scientific nomenclature for some readers to follow, much less interpret. The more empirical date we have to work with, the more likely we are to chance upon or progress towards success.

» By effective I mean, effective enough to compete with current HT’s.
»
» And to give it a time constraint, lets say untill summer 2009. So do you
» see it likely that we might be able to grow hair thick enough to give HT
» like results by then?

Home tests are psychologically important because the people that do them “feel” that they are doing something.

» Home tests are psychologically important because the people that do them
» “feel” that they are doing something.

It IS therapeutic. Until one of your attempts is a complete washout like my last one. However, we know it works and it’s not put me off trying again. I’m waiting for tacrolimus ointment and diphenhydramine tabs, both from Indian pharmacys online. Then I’m good to go. I suspect the primary reason for failure was application of a topical immediately after wounding. The wound must be left physically alone until the scabs start falling off. I just got involved in my own madcap theory with early EGF inhibition.

Gotta love Sceptic.

If he can’t stop a hopeful HM discussion from getting started, at least he can throw a verbal spitball into the thread and maybe derail it into a petty & irrelevant argument.

» Gotta love Sceptic.

I agree, but sorry … I’m straight.

» … and diphenhydramine tabs, …

you know it’s used as a sleep aid, I take it sometimes ( 50 mg. ), so you had better taking it just before going to bed.

» » Home tests are psychologically important because the people that do them
» » “feel” that they are doing something.
»
» It IS therapeutic. Until one of your attempts is a complete washout like
» my last one. However, we know it works and it’s not put me off trying
» again. I’m waiting for tacrolimus ointment and diphenhydramine tabs, both
» from Indian pharmacys online. Then I’m good to go. I suspect the primary
» reason for failure was application of a topical immediately after wounding.
» The wound must be left physically alone until the scabs start falling off.
» I just got involved in my own madcap theory with early EGF inhibition.

So you went ahead and bought topical tacro…?

»
» like results by then?

home testing of this wounding shyte is like “home schooling”… bullshyte that is popular with hokey americans because they are desperate.

home testing of this wounding shyte plus dumping chemicals on your head is moronic. all the peeps who are doing it should be relagated to an insane asylum for life. (btw, i really like baccy and i know he’s doing it too. he’s the only one who’s doing it who has any credibility. i still think he shoulda waited it out to become an icx trialist, though, even tho icx have very little credibility themselves at this point. icx has about as much chance of giving us a baldness cure as sarah palin has of saying a coherent sentence.)

end of story.

baldbaby. kickin’ it on the real since da 0-8.

»
» like results by then?

Home tests are a proof-of-concept, not an actual homegrown method to treat this. If we can get some results in our own home, it shows that there is indeed some legitimacy to what we’ve been hearing, and scientists with greater knowledge and capabilities will likely do better.

home testing of this wounding shyte is like “home schooling”… bullshyte that is popular with hokey americans because they are desperate.

home testing of this wounding shyte plus dumping chemicals on your head is moronic. all the peeps who are doing it should be relagated to an insane asylum for life. (btw, i really like baccy and i know he’s doing it too. he’s the only one who’s doing it who has any credibility. i still think he shoulda waited it out to become an icx trialist, though, even tho icx have very little credibility themselves at this point. icx has about as much chance of giving us a baldness cure as sarah palin has of saying a coherent sentence.)

end of story.

Oh, grow up.

Nobody is asking you to experiment on yourself.

Why does that fact that some of us are doing this threaten you so much? What do you get out of trying to sound like “the reasonable one” to a bunch of anonymous bald strangers typing crap to each other in the middle of the night?

» home testing of this wounding shyte is like “home
» schooling”… bullshyte that is popular with hokey americans because they
» are desperate.
»
» home testing of this wounding shyte plus dumping chemicals on your head is
» moronic. all the peeps who are doing it should be relagated to an insane
» asylum for life. (btw, i really like baccy and i know he’s doing it too.
» he’s the only one who’s doing it who has any credibility. i still think he
» shoulda waited it out to become an icx trialist, though, even tho icx have
» very little credibility themselves at this point. icx has about as much
» chance of giving us a baldness cure as sarah palin has of saying a coherent
» sentence.)
»
» end of story.

»
»
»
» Oh, grow up.
»
»
» Nobody is asking you to experiment on yourself.
»
» Why does that fact that some of us are doing this threaten you so much?
» What do you get out of trying to sound like “the reasonable one” to a bunch
» of anonymous bald strangers typing crap to each other in the middle of the
» night?

cal, the people who are involved in home testing are the most desperate of the desperate. they are taking things into their own hands, based on the most minimal, shaky speculation. they have absolutely no experience or foundation of knowledge in what they’re doing. so they come on here, announcing to the world that they’re wounding their own skin and applying some kind of home-made, kitchen-sink concoctions to their scalps. i really feel sorry for these people. they are truly at the end of their ropes.

then there are the ignorant retards, the low-life cretins and jerkoffs, the human refuse and scum-sucking ignoramses, the dickheads and the panderers, who come on here and defend these buffoons, encouraging more people to conduct bathroom tests on themselves. what’s next, performing open heart surgery on yourself?

come on, get real…

then there are the ignorant retards, the low-life cretins and jerkoffs, the human refuse and scum-sucking ignoramses, the dickheads and the panderers, who come on here and defend these buffoons, encouraging more people to conduct bathroom tests on themselves.

Did you write that sitting in front the mirror?

To call someone that kind of stuff shows that you have at least a little emotional reaction to it, baldbaby. And you’re surfing this board daily for some reason too.

Come on, just admit it - A small part of you wants to experiment on yourself too, and you’re struggling to keep yourself convinced away from the idea. This is really why home experimenters provoke such a strong reaction out of you.

If you won’t admit it, then you could at least shut up about it.

» To call someone that kind of stuff shows that you have at least a little
» emotional reaction to it, baldbaby. And you’re surfing this board daily
» for some reason too.
»
»
» Come on, just admit it - A small part of you wants to experiment on
» yourself too, and you’re struggling to keep yourself convinced away from
» the idea. This is really why home experimenters provoke such a strong
» reaction out of you.
»
»
»
» If you won’t admit it, then you could at least shut up about it.

one word cal. “denial”

» To call someone that kind of stuff shows that you have at least a little
» emotional reaction to it, baldbaby. And you’re surfing this board daily
» for some reason too.
»
»
» Come on, just admit it - A small part of you wants to experiment on
» yourself too, and you’re struggling to keep yourself convinced away from
» the idea. This is really why home experimenters provoke such a strong
» reaction out of you.
»
»
»
» If you won’t admit it, then you could at least shut up about it.

ok, i admit it. i want to experiment. i will conduct a head transplant on myself. i will go out and find someone with a full head of hair, and pay him $50,000 to get his head (maybe a homeless person would accept this offer… or someone who lost all his money on wall st.)

then after he gives me his head, i will cut off my own and put it in a tank, with nutritive juices and blood plasma to keep it alive.

then after putting his head on top and sewing it up (using the mirror), my head will instruct the new head on my body to cut open its skull and remove its brain, and cut open my head’s skull and remove its brain, and then replace his brain with my brain (this will have to be done very quickly to conserve blood and preserve my life, and also because once his brain is removed his hands will sort of be out of control until my brain gets inside his head.)

then once my brain is safely inside his head (with the full head of hair – obviously it’s been shaved off for the open-skull surgery, but it will grow back later)… then we can throw his brain into the trash, and VOILA!!

i have a head with a full, thick head of hair.

i think that this operation can be performed in about 3, maybe 3 1/2 hours.

I stand by what I said about you in the other thread, You confirm it time after time.

You have little or no understanding of what you are talking about.