NW 6 patient 7 months after 4000 FUHT

Dear Forum readers,

We recently had the oppurtunity to follow up one of out past patients.
In medical classsification, we refer to the degree of hairloss he has as a Norwood 6.

Here are some pictures of his scalp status in Nov 2006, before he embarked on stage 1 of his hair restoration journey.

This one shows the placement of the grafts.

Dear forum readers,
The following picture was taken recently, approximately 7 months after the HT.

On the left is the patient’s preferred hair style, middle is with the hair combed back and right is with the hair WET and combed back.

As usual, no flash was used in any of the pictures.

When viewing results online, it is important to be able to view them in a wide variety of lighting conditions as well as hair styles.
In the real world, you can not always afford to be able to keep hair just so and present just the correct flattering angle to your friends.
So, different styles matter for the sake of realistic representation in pictures.
In the real world, you can get wet too, so it makes sense to see some pictures with the hair wet.

Regards,
Dr. A

Different lighting conditions make a big difference. You can sometimes, end up being under a direct overhead light.

Different hairstyles too matter. See which one suits you. Make sure you can change later in life.

Im not a huge fan of this result he definitley needs more work done.

Dear forum readers,
The patient is 7 mths post op and we expect another 30% improvement atleast.

However, with this thread I hope to educate fellow picture uploaders, doctors/clinics and patients alike, to keep in mind that the reader has only the pictures to go by.

So, make them many and in different conditions. The viewer will appreciate your efforts.

I will do my part.
So, here’s one with the hair wet and in different angles.

» Im not a huge fan of this result he definitley needs more work done.

Dear JonnyE,
Of course, this is his first step. Not his last.

This is 7 months after his first HT.
Regards,
Dr. A

Here’s a wet hair combed back that, I think, if I was a prospective patient, I would like to see. Because, this is the way he will look should his hair get wet and he meets up with his friends.

Dr A,can you please start posting videos of your results ?

JonnyE - not sure what you are seeing, but I bet you this guy is thrilled when he looks in the mirror to shave in the morning. That is an extremely barren scalp. This transplant has not fully grown in yet as only at 7 month mark. His face is framed very naturally.

A NW6 is happy to have hair. Remember, that is a lot of baldness! He still has a long way to go. This is a perfect example of where body hair can serve as an adjunct to scalp hair. If I were this guy, I would reserve the remainder of my scalp hair for completing the top and back. I would take body hair and mix in with this transplant to add density. The body hair should provide additional coverage even if it only grows to same length as on body.

Hair growth was observed in the strip scar.
The patient is happy with the degree of inconspicuousnessof the scar.

Dear forum readers,
The following are larger size pictures showing the strip donor area in greater detail.

Regards,
Dr. A

» Dr A,can you please start posting videos of your results ?

Dear Damon,
We have posted videos before of our results.
I will try to post a video on this one too.

Regards,
Dr. A

Dear forum readers,

Following link is to a videoclip of the patient being talked about on the present thread.
http://www.hairsite.com/hair-transplant-video/arvind/hair-transplant.wmv

Regards,
Dr. A

» JonnyE - not sure what you are seeing, but I bet you this guy is thrilled
» when he looks in the mirror to shave in the morning. That is an extremely
» barren scalp. This transplant has not fully grown in yet as only at 7
» month mark. His face is framed very naturally.
»
» A NW6 is happy to have hair. Remember, that is a lot of baldness! He
» still has a long way to go. This is a perfect example of where body hair
» can serve as an adjunct to scalp hair. If I were this guy, I would
» reserve the remainder of my scalp hair for completing the top and back. I
» would take body hair and mix in with this transplant to add density. The
» body hair should provide additional coverage even if it only grows to same
» length as on body.

I think his hairline looks great, and for 4000 grafts on a bald bald scalp you could not possibly expect more coverage

Dr. A,
Thanks for the video. It relly is a better way to see the result.
BTW, nice and realistic result too. Is the patient planning further transplants. He can use FHT, FUSE from scalp and BHT to get a full coverage.

Thanks Dr A.
I hope the other docs here are paying attention.