No update on the Histogen lawsuit

I remember the trial had started already, I couldn’t find any update on the lawsuit, maybe no news is good news ?

» I remember the trial had started already, I couldn’t find any update on the
» lawsuit, maybe no news is good news ?

The trial was two days ago, I am sure that was just the first round, it will probably be months before a settlement is reached.

IMO…I am starting to believe the notion that the cure to baldness is being blocked by people who would lose too much money. (even if they just THINK they would lose money) So the fact that Histogen actually showed PICTURES, and was sounding like it was about to be released, and then gets immediately sued, shows something perhaps. Almost like the harder a company gets attacked, the more we should assume they are on the right track etc. If you believe Kevin Trudeau, he claims the FDA decided after curing polio (and all the money they lost from that) that they would never cure another disease. There would only be “treatments.” Treatments where the patient has to pay monthly for the rest of their life of course. Chris Rock got a standing ovation when he claimed, "They haven’t cured Sh*t. Because there is NO money in the cure man. EVERY good drug dealer knows the money is in the “come back.” So, anyone up for a home histogen trial?
Jigga

» » I remember the trial had started already, I couldn’t find any update on
» the
» » lawsuit, maybe no news is good news ?
»
» IMO…I am starting to believe the notion that the cure to baldness is
» being blocked by people who would lose too much money. (even if they just
» THINK they would lose money) So the fact that Histogen actually showed
» PICTURES, and was sounding like it was about to be released, and then gets
» immediately sued, shows something perhaps. Almost like the harder a
» company gets attacked, the more we should assume they are on the right
» track etc. If you believe Kevin Trudeau, he claims the FDA decided after
» curing polio (and all the money they lost from that) that they would never
» cure another disease. There would only be “treatments.” Treatments where
» the patient has to pay monthly for the rest of their life of course. Chris
» Rock got a standing ovation when he claimed, "They haven’t cured Sh*t.
» Because there is NO money in the cure man. EVERY good drug dealer knows
» the money is in the “come back.” So, anyone up for a home histogen trial?
» Jigga

Probably, but seriously how can people stop the development of a baldness cure? Histogen is being sued for patent infringement. The court will decide if the lawsuit has any merits or not. It’s a bit far fetched to think that there is a dark force somewhere trying to stop a cure from surfacing.

I have heard people say the same about cancer cure too, I don’t buy that at all.

» » I remember the trial had started already, I couldn’t find any update on
» the
» » lawsuit, maybe no news is good news ?
»
» IMO…I am starting to believe the notion that the cure to baldness is
» being blocked by people who would lose too much money. (even if they just
» THINK they would lose money) So the fact that Histogen actually showed
» PICTURES, and was sounding like it was about to be released, and then gets
» immediately sued, shows something perhaps. Almost like the harder a
» company gets attacked, the more we should assume they are on the right
» track etc. If you believe Kevin Trudeau, he claims the FDA decided after
» curing polio (and all the money they lost from that) that they would never
» cure another disease. There would only be “treatments.” Treatments where
» the patient has to pay monthly for the rest of their life of course. Chris
» Rock got a standing ovation when he claimed, "They haven’t cured Sh*t.
» Because there is NO money in the cure man. EVERY good drug dealer knows
» the money is in the “come back.” So, anyone up for a home histogen trial?
» Jigga

I’ve said this before.

»
» I’ve said this before.

And it was silly then. There is no conspiracy. First, show me who has the power to pull it off. Hair transplant doctors? Whig makers? Second, tell me why they’d do it. There would certainly be more money in “cures” than their are in “treatments”. Propecia has been financially disappointing, and Rogain is not a block-buster. The pharma industry would LOVE a real, viable treatment that they could charge a ton for. Your belief in conspiracies verges on the superstitious. Do you believe in God, too? Because it requires the same amount of unsubstantiated, irrational faith.

They were on the brink of success…and yes, they were intentionally stopped.

Osiris Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ:OSIR) announced its results for the fourth quarter and year ended December 31, 2008. It’s list of recent and 2008 highlights is admittedly impressive:

• Formed major strategic alliance with Genzyme Corporation worth up to $1.4 billion for the development and commercialization of Prochymal and Chondrogen in countries outside the United States and Canada.

• Sold the Osteocel business to NuVasive, Inc. in a transaction worth up to $85 million in upfront and milestone payments.

• Awarded Department of Defense contract fully valued at $224.7 million to develop and stockpile Prochymal for acute radiation syndrome (ARS).

• Received approval to initiate Prochymal expanded access program in the US for adult and pediatric patients and in Canada for pediatric patients suffering from life-threatening Graft versus Host Disease (GvHD).

• Completed enrollment in first worldwide Phase III stem cell clinical trial for the treatment of steroid-refractory GvHD.

• Reported positive two-year data from Phase I clinical trial evaluating Prochymal in heart attack patients.

• Completed enrollment of Phase II clinical trial evaluating Prochymal in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).

• Reached agreement with the FDA regarding the timing and content of the submission of the first marketing application for a stem cell product.

• Reported cash, short-term investments and receivables of $123.5 million at year-end.

Genzyme Corp.'s chief executive Henri Termeer said the company may spend about $600 million this year to acquire products that treat chronic
diseases - likely personalized drugs, highly specialized medicines already tested in humans. He prefers, he says, the idea of buying products rather than entire companies.

Despite being on the verge of closing a multi-million dollar financing, expecting to launch a commercial product next month, and reporting promising findings on the her company’s experimental hair regrowth treatment last week at the 4th Annual Stem Cell Summit in New York, Histogen, Inc founder and CEO Gail Naughton has just had to fire all her employees. A patent infringement lawsuit filed last month against Histogen has triggered a funding crisis at the San Diego biomedical startup, which was forced to lay off all 36 of its employees at the end of January. The suit filed by rival SkinMedica of Carlsbad, CA, also prompted a group of angel investors to withdraw their planned $2.4 million investment in Histogen at the end of January. Naughton said the lawsuit was filed to stop the planned March 6 launch of the cosmetic products.

no news about the trial, but I have found this (probably nothing new):

Lawsuit Spooks Histogen Investors, Employees Axed
February 25, 2009 | Tags: Economy & Layoffs, Legal, Patents
Histogen CEO Gail Naughton, pictured, says that a lawsuit brought on by SkinMedica has canned an angel investment of $2.4M into her company. Xconomy broke the story today when they said that Histogen had to axe ALL 36 of its employees due to the lack of funding.

Yikes.

SkinMedica’s complaint, filed in the United States District Court for the Southern District of California, seeks relief against Histogen’s “Nouricel” product line for infringing SkinMedica’s U.S. Patents No. 6,372,494 (filed in 1999) and/or 7,118,746 (filed in 2000).
CEO Gail Naughton said this:

“The lawsuit really took us by surprise, particularly because it was an infringement suit that was filed when we don’t even have a product on the market. It really cut us off at the knees.”

Get this, about 20 employees have VOLUNTEERED to continue working despite the layoffs - crazy! Get paid man. What’s so special about Histogen anyway? Tell us.

Histogen CEO Gail Naughton

» Get this, about 20 employees have VOLUNTEERED to continue working despite
» the layoffs - crazy! Get paid man. What’s so special about Histogen anyway?
» Tell us.

This is a good sign, these days it is very difficult to get good hard working dedicated employees, it means there must be something very special about Histogen which makes these people continue to work for the company without pay. If I have to put my money somewhere, I will put it in Histogen.

» Histogen at the end of January. Naughton said the lawsuit was
» filed to stop the planned March 6 launch of the cosmetic
» products.

Yeah, because someone thinks they are infringing on their patent. No conspiracy there, just simple patent law. If someone is stealing your idea (and I’m not saying that’s what Histogen is/was doing), what would you do? Let them profit on your work?

» »
» » I’ve said this before.
»
» And it was silly then. There is no conspiracy. First, show me who has
» the power to pull it off. Hair transplant doctors? Whig makers? Second,
» tell me why they’d do it. There would certainly be more money in “cures”
» than their are in “treatments”. Propecia has been financially
» disappointing, and Rogain is not a block-buster. The pharma industry would
» LOVE a real, viable treatment that they could charge a ton for. Your
» belief in conspiracies verges on the superstitious. Do you believe in God,
» too? Because it requires the same amount of unsubstantiated, irrational
» faith.

I think the conspiracy theory is just plain old silly, if there is a cure for any kind if illness, it will spread like wildfire, as simple as that, nobody can put a lid on the news, those who believe there is a conspiracy must be watching too much of that Kevin Trudeau guy on late night infomercial.

That said, I also think it’s pretty naive of you to think that Propecia and rogaine don’t bring in major bucks for the pharma companies. It’s pure monopoly for these two drugs.

» If someone is stealing your idea
» what would you do?
» Let them profit on your work?

Yes, because some people want their hair back :smiley: