What are all of the variables that may cause grafts not to grow? I will list a few and I hope anyone and everyone chips in.
The reason why I want to look into this is because recently there has been some debate over which types of grafts are more susceptible to no growth… FUE or Strip grafts?
- transection of bulb
- Lengthy time out of body
- Dried grafts
- crushed bulbs by forceps
- crushed bulbs while implanting
- smashed grafts
- poorly placed grafts that are too high that causes them to dry out
- poorly trimmed grafts that damage the dermal papilla
- poorly created sites that severely traumatize the circulation
- Grafts that improperly implanted where upon the bulb is not down but pointing the opposite direction within the site
- Too small of site used
- Increased Telogens usage without the dermal papilla
- Unprotected (by adipose as would be in strip grafts)FUE grafts which are easily crushed or smashed by technicians
- no magnification used and sites are over loaded with excess grafts from technician error
- No oversee from physician
- Patient error by mechanical damage
- Sunburn Post Op
- adding more sites to healing grafts during a multiple day FUE session.
Can anyone think of anything else?