Nizoral not that great for me

I may stop it, altogether

the first month i noticed a lot of progress, 2 months actually, then the top middle on the front seemed to be more see through, i am still not sure if this is my imagination or my hair just being a bit greasy, the quality of the well water in my house here in manila, not sure

My body seems to not like it, I was thinking i saw it doing worse a few weeks ago, then i had the flu and stopped it for about 10 days, then my hair looked great, now that im on i about every other day, my hair seems to be deteriorating again,

I have noticed thinning on top in the middle, thought it was my imagination but its not, no shedding per se, maybe its reacting with my other supplements not sure but , you guys update on your progress

» I may stop it, altogether
»
» My body seems to not like it, I was thinking i saw it doing worse a few
» weeks ago, then i had the flu and stopped it for about 10 days, then my
» hair looked great, now that im on i about every other day, my hair seems
» to be deteriorating again,
»
» I have noticed thinning on top in the middle, thought it was my
» imagination but its not, no shedding per se, maybe its reacting with my
» other supplements not sure but , you guys update on your progress

A shampoo may be an alternative option ie.PTO

Regards
Pete

»
» the first month i noticed a lot of progress, 2 months actually, then the
» top middle on the front seemed to be more see through, i am still not sure
» if this is my imagination or my hair just being a bit greasy, the quality
» of the well water in my house here in manila, not sure
»
»

This is amusing, after all the posts that you made reporting how great this was working for you.

Here is my update. I’ve been using it since May, so about 4 months. I see alot of long colorless hairs. Same length as the rest of my hair, so it’s not peach fuzz. So far, it hasn’t done anything where my hairline recession is.

I firmly believe that you can not expect anything spectacular within 2 months time, with any product. Case in point, look how long it takes a baby’s hair to go from thin to thick…sometimes a year. I believe it’s the same case here. Small follicles gradually growing. Also, look how long it takes a hair transplant to product results, typically around 6 months. Be patient.

» » I may stop it, altogether
» »
» » the first month i noticed a lot of progress, 2 months actually, then
» the
» » top middle on the front seemed to be more see through, i am still not
» sure
» » if this is my imagination or my hair just being a bit greasy, the
» quality
» » of the well water in my house here in manila, not sure
» »
» » My body seems to not like it, I was thinking i saw it doing worse a few
» » weeks ago, then i had the flu and stopped it for about 10 days, then my
» » hair looked great, now that im on i about every other day, my hair
» seems
» » to be deteriorating again,
» »
» » I have noticed thinning on top in the middle, thought it was my
» » imagination but its not, no shedding per se, maybe its reacting with my
» » other supplements not sure but , you guys update on your progress
»
» This is amusing, after all the posts that you made reporting how great
» this was working for you.
»
» Here is my update. I’ve been using it since May, so about 4 months. I
» see alot of long colorless hairs. Same length as the rest of my hair, so
» it’s not peach fuzz. So far, it hasn’t done anything where my hairline
» recession is.
»
» I firmly believe that you can not expect anything spectacular within 2
» months time, with any product. Case in point, look how long it takes a
» baby’s hair to go from thin to thick…sometimes a year. I believe it’s
» the same case here. Small follicles gradually growing. Also, look how
» long it takes a hair transplant to product results, typically around 6
» months. Be patient.

im not talking about positive results being slow
im talking about my hair seems to be getting THINNER and more TRANSPARENT
in the top front

got it? smartass

if you search my posts about a month ago i posted that I thought the hair was not doing well, in the top front and I thought it maybe was my imagination, now i dont think its my imagination, I have seen a deterioration in the last two months in that area, the crown is unimpressive also

Hangin:

I have been saying this all along. The negatives far outweigh any benefits derived from using Nizoral (cream or shampoo). Like I have said before, I got great results at first and then it (the shampoo) seemed to have a negative impact on my hair. I am not sure why that is, but that has been my experience using Nizoral. I love the way it makes my hair look so thick when I use it after not using it for weeks, then I try to repeat this by continually using it, which always backfires and I end up looking worse after a few days of use. I don’t know if it is the ingredients or if it just increases my sebum production which results in thin, fragile looking hair. I have also noticed that, when using it several days in a row, my scalp tends to ache for some reason. Sorry to hear that it did not work out as expected.

» got it? smartass

Hangin, no real need for that. He wasn’t flaming you. BTW, I’m not hoping for a flaming either.

I remembered mentioning early on that you need to stick with the nizoral cream for 6 months. You seemed almost dismissive to me quoting how long you have been on your internals, etc. The reason being is that hair is very complex. You might have extended the anagen phase further with the use of nizoral as I swear you said the front was growing quicker, etc.

You might have extended the phase longer and later shed some hair. Tbat shed hair usually takes about 3 months to come back. That is why most people stop these personal “trials” early. When these hairs come back (and they most liekly will), you might attribute the growth to drinking warm beer on a Thursday if that is when you notice the growth. The hairs would actually grow longer (most likely) because you have extended the anagen phase.

» if you search my posts about a month ago i posted that I thought the hair
» was not doing well, in the top front and I thought it maybe was my
» imagination, now i dont think its my imagination, I have seen a
» deterioration in the last two months in that area, the crown is
» unimpressive also

Hangin’s Nizoral quotes from within the past month or two:

“the top front is , nothing short of amazing, filling in even the temples, and so many new hairs I am astonished”

“overall the niz cream has produced in a very short time, some very interesting progress, certainly more than I have seen with any addition to my regimen in the last 10 yrs”

“getting a nice layer of fuzz on my one month ago shiny bald crown”

» » got it? smartass
»
» Hangin, no real need for that. He wasn’t flaming you.

It’s ok, I’m used to it. If you disagree with Hangin and question him, you’re either a moron, idiot, or need to get a life (and now a smartass).

» Hangin:
»
» I have been saying this all along. The negatives far outweigh any benefits
» derived from using Nizoral (cream or shampoo). Like I have said before, I
» got great results at first and then it (the shampoo) seemed to have a
» negative impact on my hair. I am not sure why that is, but that has been
» my experience using Nizoral. I love the way it makes my hair look so thick
» when I use it after not using it for weeks, then I try to repeat this by
» continually using it, which always backfires and I end up looking worse
» after a few days of use. I don’t know if it is the ingredients or if it
» just increases my sebum production which results in thin, fragile looking
» hair. I have also noticed that, when using it several days in a row, my
» scalp tends to ache for some reason. Sorry to hear that it did not work
» out as expected.

it seemed to work great for about two months then lately it doesnt look so hot
but I also have not been taking my other regimen as I should

oh well hairloss sucks doesnt it

nothing I have ever taken that has worked, has stopped working like this, or for that matter made my hair look worse

strange cream

nt

» » » got it? smartass
» »
» » Hangin, no real need for that. He wasn’t flaming you.
»
» It’s ok, I’m used to it. If you disagree with Hangin and question him,
» you’re either a moron, idiot, or need to get a life (and now a smartass).

the point is, yes i said it was working before…we know that
i was an enthusiasick backer of niz cream, and you were the one who suggested the cream

my hair looked way better FOR A WHILE
the new hairs appear to have all fallen out as well as a lot of other hairs there before…so in my opinion it has made my hair look WORSE than before i started it

never with any regimen has my hair deteriorated. and I did not notice anyone on the niz cream say this would happen other than jtelcom

to me its not worth it
if yours is doing good, good luck

the title of your post being LOL, to me makes you a smartass, I am ticked at my hair and not in the mood to hear it

Maybe you’re taking too much. Doesn’t it stay in your hair for about 72 hours? I just take it once or twice a week. I’m also using a Piroctone Olamine shampoo and a tea tree based shampoo.

Then again, maybe I will experience the weird results later because I’m not taking it as often. I’m not sure.

Whatever the case, my hair still is looking and feeling better than it has in a long time.

Perry

Hanging from what you described being at the 2-3 month mark and seeing originaly thickening and now a shed, is basically a clear cut case of shedding and positive news in that what you are using is actually working !!!

I would not stop the treatmemnt if i was you.

From what i have noticed it seems that hair grows in 3 months cycles, ie. lots of shedding followed by growth as 3,6,9,12 months etc.

If everyone who got a shed stopped their treatments that easily and ignored what science is telling us then no one would grow hair. its pretty commmon knowledge that minox and propecia cuase sheds, and hence if the nizoral cream works for you , it 2 will cuase a shed.

This is common knowledge. Now as for other prdocuts that have not caused a shed. Basically using the analogy above… well i guess u can see where im going with that … if it doesn cuase an obvious shed it doesnt work that well !!! Add water to your hair does it cuase a shed no! does it grow hair no!

I have had a Ht and have shed all my hair… but i know it will return… thicker and stronger and in 3 month spurts.

Now on the other hand if after 6 to 12 months you have seen no improvemnt then you can stop the treatment and be ceratin it doesnt work or it wasnt cuased by seasonally shedding.

Basically if you stop now you have gained nothing and lost hair, if u stop now this shed hair may not grow back as it has been shed and no is gona be attacked by DHT when its in a crucial growth phase. But if you keep using it for 3-6 months you will for sure know if it does or doenst work.

Also i highly advice to stop looking in the mirror to make judgements , the only way is to take photos once per month and look at the photos, with hopefully the same lighting and hairstyle and angles etc. Ur eyes can be very deceiving when it comes to looking at hair u see every day in the mirror.

BTW i think if you keep using it by the sounds of it you will have good results !!!

»
» the first month i noticed a lot of progress, 2 months actually, then the
» top middle on the front seemed to be more see through, i am still not sure
» if this is my imagination or my hair just being a bit greasy, the quality
» of the well water in my house here in manila, not sure
»
»

sorry but I do not agree

I have heard many shedding stories that did NOT grow back, it is not that unusual for this to happen, the treatment causes shedding, and then thats it, the hair does not recover from it, post on the board about it, I bet there are a lot of similar stories

yes sometimes it grows back and this is a sign that the treatment is working, but not always, and who wants the treatment to make their hair WORSE?

When i added Saw Palmetto my hair was see through on the top front in 1999, i mean 90 percent gone I think, within 2 weeks my 300 hairs per day fallout went down to like 20 per day, and within a year my see through hair was almost normal, I estimate the thickness and density doubled, I HAD NO SHED, with this treatment, the hair went from bad, to recovering, to very good within 17 or 18 months, all with NO SHED, EVER

no treatment I have ever added, or supplement I have ever added, that has helped my hair tremendously and caused regrowth, has ever caused a shed
this, coupled with the fact I hear many,shed didnt grow back…stories

that is why I am not optimistic about this shed if it is happening

now this thinning I have perceived, might grow back, great, or It might just be my imagination, who knows

If I have learned one thing with hair loss, there are are no hard and fast rules
we all respond differently to different regimens

» When i added Saw Palmetto my hair was see through on the top front in
» 1999, i mean 90 percent gone I think, within 2 weeks my 300 hairs per day
» fallout went down to like 20 per day, and within a year my see through
» hair was almost normal, I estimate the thickness and density doubled, I
» HAD NO SHED, with this treatment, the hair went from bad, to recovering,
» to very good within 17 or 18 months, all with NO SHED, EVER

JK1, you pretty much echoed my thoughts a couple replies up. Hangin, it would have been very hard for you to notice a “shed” that you describe above because you didn’t have anything left to shed if you were truly 90% gone.

You should do what you think is right for you. However, it doesn’t make sense that this shed is “permanent” as that would mean you have destroyed the bulb’s ability to produce a hair which is almost 100% impossible. Chances are you have hair that is lost that would only grow to a certain length and not as long as it did in your youth. This hair probably started to grow again and then shed.

3 weeks into this nizoral, I was 100% certain my hair was worse and considered giving up. I cut back to 3 times per week. The reason I continued on was that it definitely has grown some hair on my temples (more right than left) that just wasn’t there before. I checked last night and these could be photographed now. Not huge or a cosmetic effect, but something happened. The bad news is that I don’t have before pics so it would be disputed, but trust me in that I notice stuff like this.

I’m pretty damn confident that the hairs on the edge of my temples are healthier and are growing longer as well.

» » When i added Saw Palmetto my hair was see through on the top front in
» » 1999, i mean 90 percent gone I think, within 2 weeks my 300 hairs per
» day
» » fallout went down to like 20 per day, and within a year my see through
» » hair was almost normal, I estimate the thickness and density doubled, I
» » HAD NO SHED, with this treatment, the hair went from bad, to
» recovering,
» » to very good within 17 or 18 months, all with NO SHED, EVER
»
» JK1, you pretty much echoed my thoughts a couple replies up. Hangin, it
» would have been very hard for you to notice a “shed” that you describe
» above because you didn’t have anything left to shed if you were truly 90%
» gone.
»
» You should do what you think is right for you. However, it doesn’t make
» sense that this shed is “permanent” as that would mean you have destroyed
» the bulb’s ability to produce a hair which is almost 100% impossible.
» Chances are you have hair that is lost that would only grow to a certain
» length and not as long as it did in your youth. This hair probably
» started to grow again and then shed.
»
» 3 weeks into this nizoral, I was 100% certain my hair was worse and
» considered giving up. I cut back to 3 times per week. The reason I
» continued on was that it definitely has grown some hair on my temples
» (more right than left) that just wasn’t there before. I checked last
» night and these could be photographed now. Not huge or a cosmetic effect,
» but something happened. The bad news is that I don’t have before pics so
» it would be disputed, but trust me in that I notice stuff like this.
»
» I’m pretty damn confident that the hairs on the edge of my temples are
» healthier and are growing longer as well.

if it was 90 percent gone, see through, it is VERY EASY TO SEE if its getting better from the get go…and it was…and the fallout 300 hairs a day went down to 20 hairs a day, THATS NOT A SHED
there is no way a shed could have gone unnoticed

with a shed your hair gets worse
my hair got way better starting from when i added Saw Palmetto…how do you not notice that your hair is getting better not worse?

overall as I said before im not CERTAIN, that the niz cream has even caused any shed, one day i washed my hair with just soap not shampoo and it looked three times thicker and not transparent, so my shampoo is obviously a type that leaves my hair a bit flat and greasy for some reason, so its very hard to say for sure

I do feel overall that the hair that is remaining in front is doing better, Im just not sure if there has been a shed, I had stopped taking my other regimen on a daily basis for at least the last six months, its hard to find it here in manila and they kill you on the customs charges, ticks me off so much i procrastinate in ordering more supply

so that also added to my thinning problem even BEFORE i started on the niz cream so hard to say exactly how thin the top was before i started

i will keep an eye on it and update it , if it looks ok in about a week i might start back on it

Hangin

For hairs that are in the inbetween thinning stage how do you expect them to thicken up without shedding ? of course they have to fall out and when they grow back they are thicker. Ur hair cannot regrow without shedding.

Now what may confuse the situation is accelerated hair loss or season hair loss that can be confused as shed caused by your treatment.

@ months is way to early to make any judgment calls if your treatment is working or not. And by stopping and starting your treatments is even worse.

With this and any treatment u have to bite the bullet and say you will use it for at least 6 months otherwise you cannot be certain if it works or doesn’t work on you. And thats why i say stop looking in the mirror take photos and them compare them 6 months later.

Regardless if you have a shed i think a very good thing to do is use “Monitoring hairs” ie. Hairs that are on the fringes of death that are by themselves or near a mole so u can find them. And then monitor these hairs growth and if ur treatment is working or not on this hair, ie. its it growing darkening etc.

» » » When i added Saw Palmetto my hair was see through on the top front in
» » » 1999, i mean 90 percent gone I think, within 2 weeks my 300 hairs per
» » day
» » » fallout went down to like 20 per day, and within a year my see
» through
» » » hair was almost normal, I estimate the thickness and density doubled,
» I
» » » HAD NO SHED, with this treatment, the hair went from bad, to
» » recovering,
» » » to very good within 17 or 18 months, all with NO SHED, EVER
» »
» » JK1, you pretty much echoed my thoughts a couple replies up. Hangin,
» it
» » would have been very hard for you to notice a “shed” that you describe
» » above because you didn’t have anything left to shed if you were truly
» 90%
» » gone.
» »
» » You should do what you think is right for you. However, it doesn’t
» make
» » sense that this shed is “permanent” as that would mean you have
» destroyed
» » the bulb’s ability to produce a hair which is almost 100% impossible.
» » Chances are you have hair that is lost that would only grow to a
» certain
» » length and not as long as it did in your youth. This hair probably
» » started to grow again and then shed.
» »
» » 3 weeks into this nizoral, I was 100% certain my hair was worse and
» » considered giving up. I cut back to 3 times per week. The reason I
» » continued on was that it definitely has grown some hair on my temples
» » (more right than left) that just wasn’t there before. I checked last
» » night and these could be photographed now. Not huge or a cosmetic
» effect,
» » but something happened. The bad news is that I don’t have before pics
» so
» » it would be disputed, but trust me in that I notice stuff like this.
» »
» » I’m pretty damn confident that the hairs on the edge of my temples are
» » healthier and are growing longer as well.
»
» if it was 90 percent gone, see through, it is VERY EASY TO SEE if its
» getting better from the get go…and it was…and the
» fallout 300 hairs a day went down to 20 hairs a day, THATS NOT A SHED
» there is no way a shed could have gone unnoticed
»
» with a shed your hair gets worse
» my hair got way better starting from when i added Saw Palmetto…how
» do you not notice that your hair is getting better not worse?
»
» overall as I said before im not CERTAIN, that the niz cream has even
» caused any shed, one day i washed my hair with just soap not shampoo and
» it looked three times thicker and not transparent, so my shampoo is
» obviously a type that leaves my hair a bit flat and greasy for some
» reason, so its very hard to say for sure
»
» I do feel overall that the hair that is remaining in front is doing
» better, Im just not sure if there has been a shed, I had stopped taking my
» other regimen on a daily basis for at least the last six months, its hard
» to find it here in manila and they kill you on the customs charges, ticks
» me off so much i procrastinate in ordering more supply
»
» so that also added to my thinning problem even BEFORE i started on the niz
» cream so hard to say exactly how thin the top was before i started
»
» i will keep an eye on it and update it , if it looks ok in about a week i
» might start back on it

» Hangin
»
» For hairs that are in the inbetween thinning stage how do you expect them
» to thicken up without shedding ? of course they have to fall out and when
» they grow back they are thicker. Ur hair cannot regrow without shedding.
»
» Now what may confuse the situation is accelerated hair loss or season hair
» loss that can be confused as shed caused by your treatment.
»
» @ months is way to early to make any judgment calls if your treatment is
» working or not. And by stopping and starting your treatments is even
» worse.
»
» With this and any treatment u have to bite the bullet and say you will use
» it for at least 6 months otherwise you cannot be certain if it works or
» doesn’t work on you. And thats why i say stop looking in the mirror take
» photos and them compare them 6 months later.
»
» Regardless if you have a shed i think a very good thing to do is use
» “Monitoring hairs” ie. Hairs that are on the fringes of death that are by
» themselves or near a mole so u can find them. And then monitor these hairs
» growth and if ur treatment is working or not on this hair, ie. its it
» growing darkening etc.
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
» » » » When i added Saw Palmetto my hair was see through on the top front
» in
» » » » 1999, i mean 90 percent gone I think, within 2 weeks my 300 hairs
» per
» » » day
» » » » fallout went down to like 20 per day, and within a year my see
» » through
» » » » hair was almost normal, I estimate the thickness and density
» doubled,
» » I
» » » » HAD NO SHED, with this treatment, the hair went from bad, to
» » » recovering,
» » » » to very good within 17 or 18 months, all with NO SHED, EVER
» » »
» » » JK1, you pretty much echoed my thoughts a couple replies up. Hangin,
» » it
» » » would have been very hard for you to notice a “shed” that you
» describe
» » » above because you didn’t have anything left to shed if you were truly
» » 90%
» » » gone.
» » »
» » » You should do what you think is right for you. However, it doesn’t
» » make
» » » sense that this shed is “permanent” as that would mean you have
» » destroyed
» » » the bulb’s ability to produce a hair which is almost 100% impossible.
»
» » » Chances are you have hair that is lost that would only grow to a
» » certain
» » » length and not as long as it did in your youth. This hair probably
» » » started to grow again and then shed.
» » »
» » » 3 weeks into this nizoral, I was 100% certain my hair was worse and
» » » considered giving up. I cut back to 3 times per week. The reason I
» » » continued on was that it definitely has grown some hair on my temples
» » » (more right than left) that just wasn’t there before. I checked last
» » » night and these could be photographed now. Not huge or a cosmetic
» » effect,
» » » but something happened. The bad news is that I don’t have before
» pics
» » so
» » » it would be disputed, but trust me in that I notice stuff like this.
» » »
» » » I’m pretty damn confident that the hairs on the edge of my temples
» are
» » » healthier and are growing longer as well.
» »
» » if it was 90 percent gone, see through, it is VERY EASY TO SEE if its
» » getting better from the get go…and it was…and the
» » fallout 300 hairs a day went down to 20 hairs a day, THATS NOT A SHED
» » there is no way a shed could have gone unnoticed
» »
» » with a shed your hair gets worse
» » my hair got way better starting from when i added Saw
» Palmetto…how
» » do you not notice that your hair is getting better not worse?
» »
» » overall as I said before im not CERTAIN, that the niz cream has even
» » caused any shed, one day i washed my hair with just soap not shampoo
» and
» » it looked three times thicker and not transparent, so my shampoo is
» » obviously a type that leaves my hair a bit flat and greasy for some
» » reason, so its very hard to say for sure
» »
» » I do feel overall that the hair that is remaining in front is doing
» » better, Im just not sure if there has been a shed, I had stopped taking
» my
» » other regimen on a daily basis for at least the last six months, its
» hard
» » to find it here in manila and they kill you on the customs charges,
» ticks
» » me off so much i procrastinate in ordering more supply
» »
» » so that also added to my thinning problem even BEFORE i started on the
» niz
» » cream so hard to say exactly how thin the top was before i started
» »
» » i will keep an eye on it and update it , if it looks ok in about a week
» i
» » might start back on it

as i said before i have regrown hair tons of times

when i added my dht blockers in 1999, my hair was paper thin on the sides and see through on the top front

from the day I added the saw palmetto my hair improved, it never got worse
Now prior to adding the Saw Palmetto I was experiencing an extreme shed, losing 200 to 300 hairs per day, and it was VERY NOTICEABLE, the hair got more see through day by day…it was coming out in gobs

after I added Saw palmetto, the shedding and excess fallout stopped dead in its tracks, and it got better from that day forward

that is what I mean, every time I have added something successful to my regimen, my hair looked BETTER, never worse,

you know if you are experiencing a shed…I have not experienced that before

plus , a lot of guys who say DUT and these odd drugs caused them sheds, say IT DID NOT GROW BACK
there are many documented cases of this happening

that is why when you say, oh hanging you are experiencing a healthy natural shed thats a good thing,well it can be, then again it can be a bad thing

depends if it grows back

Nizoral…not good…shed…no like? How can this be? And why isn’t this posted in the Natural forum?

:hungry:

(many experience a “shed” in the Fall btw)

» Nizoral…not good…shed…no like? How can this be? And why isn’t this
» posted in the Natural forum?
»
» :hungry:
»
»
» (many experience a “shed” in the Fall btw)

did you have any friends as a child jacob?