Nizoral 2% Every Night - The Worst Case Scenario?

So far I have been using Nizoral 2% for nearly 6 weeks each night with the average time the shampoo staying on my head being 7 minutes.

So far there has been no negative side effect what so ever. Each night I use it it makes me scalp feel great, honestly I look forward each to washing my hair with Nizoral. So in this department, no problems at all.

However, I have noticed shedding regardless of what some say “Nizoral CANT make you Shed” I think it has triggered abit of a shed coming into my 4th week, nothing serious just seeing a lot of healthy hair falling out from everywhere including donour area.

Now my worry is, can this stuff get into the blood, sure some of the Keto will but can it accumulate in the blood and begin causing problems? I heard Keto can do some seriously bad stuff to Test…

Cheers

P.S Although I never felt the need to use the conditioner I’ve begun using a good conditioner every second day.

Thoughts everyone?

» So far I have been using Nizoral 2% for nearly 6 weeks each night with the
» average time the shampoo staying on my head being 7 minutes.
»
» So far there has been no negative side effect what so ever. Each night I
» use it it makes me scalp feel great, honestly I look forward each to
» washing my hair with Nizoral. So in this department, no problems at all.
»
» However, I have noticed shedding regardless of what some say “Nizoral CANT
» make you Shed” I think it has triggered abit of a shed coming into my 4th
» week, nothing serious just seeing a lot of healthy hair falling out from
» everywhere including donour area.
»
» Now my worry is, can this stuff get into the blood, sure some of the Keto
» will but can it accumulate in the blood and begin causing problems? I heard
» Keto can do some seriously bad stuff to Test…
»
» Cheers
»
» P.S Although I never felt the need to use the conditioner I’ve begun using
» a good conditioner every second day.
»
» Thoughts everyone?

I think the prescription version says “leave in for five minutes” if I remember correctly.

Ketoconazole stays in the dermis for up to seven days at therapuetic levels after usage. About once every three days is honestly all you’d need to use your nizoral. That will get plenty up there as a “depot” of ketoconazole.

» » So far I have been using Nizoral 2% for nearly 6 weeks each night with
» the
» » average time the shampoo staying on my head being 7 minutes.
» »
» » So far there has been no negative side effect what so ever. Each night
» I
» » use it it makes me scalp feel great, honestly I look forward each to
» » washing my hair with Nizoral. So in this department, no problems at
» all.
» »
» » However, I have noticed shedding regardless of what some say “Nizoral
» CANT
» » make you Shed” I think it has triggered abit of a shed coming into my
» 4th
» » week, nothing serious just seeing a lot of healthy hair falling out
» from
» » everywhere including donour area.
» »
» » Now my worry is, can this stuff get into the blood, sure some of the
» Keto
» » will but can it accumulate in the blood and begin causing problems? I
» heard
» » Keto can do some seriously bad stuff to Test…
» »
» » Cheers
» »
» » P.S Although I never felt the need to use the conditioner I’ve begun
» using
» » a good conditioner every second day.
» »
» » Thoughts everyone?
»
»
»
»
»
» I think the prescription version says “leave in for five minutes” if I
» remember correctly.
»
» Ketoconazole stays in the dermis for up to seven days at therapuetic
» levels after usage. About once every three days is honestly all you’d need
» to use your nizoral. That will get plenty up there as a “depot” of
» ketoconazole.

I am using it for its antiandrogen ability that I read in a Japanese study… In that case wouldn’t you need to use it everyday like all other antianrogens like minox?

»
» I am using it for its antiandrogen ability that I read in a Japanese
» study… In that case wouldn’t you need to use it everyday like all other
» antianrogens like minox?

Minox is a stimulant, not an anti-androgen.
From the Nizoral website:

"Following a single application of ketoconazole shampoo, ketoconazole persists at therapeutic concentrations for 7 days in the epidermal layers. In addition, substantial pityrosporal inhibitory doses of ketoconazole were detected on the hair for several days after use of the shampoo, the mean level at 72 h was 11.6 µ mg.

Reference: Pierard GE, Arrese JE, Pierard-Franchimont C, et al: Prolonged effects of antidandruff shampoos-time to recurrence of Malassezia ovalis colonization of skin. International Journal of Cosmetic Science. 1997;19:111-117. "

Most people who have read the forums for years use Nizoral every third day, leaving it in for several minutes. Since the prescript version says five minutes----thats sounds like a pretty good time to me. There are studies that show nizoral shampoo to be about as effective as 2% minoxidil used once a day with a mere two shampoos a week. This was not using the shampoo as you would (leaving it in for several minutes before rinsing), so its actual ability is probably a good bit higher than that. Think about those pics in the Japanese study. Leaving it in for several minutes would be very helpful, but using it every single day probably isn’t necessary considering how long it stays in the skin. About every third day is almost certainly enough.

nizoral is well known not only for shedding but a nasty shed, also the shampoo is too harsh, i have found along with other guys that the cream is better

the shampoo contains hydrochloric acid and 7 minutes on your head is way too long

i left the shampoo on for a week a few minutes each day and i felt like someone had poured acid on my head and i was right and all my new hairs were scoured away. the shampoo is way too harsh, try the cream instead

i left the cream on for hours maybe this was not wise, though

i had a big shed severe then after a few months i stopped using it, 6 months later the hair looked stronger than before i started but the shed takes a while to recover and it scared the shiit out of me i never had a shed before with any regimen

nt

Hey Hanginthere

I’ve actually read all your Nizoral threads regarding the shed? Like how bad was it? Someone like me with a full head of hair would there be noticeable amount of shed? Was it shedding from any particular part of the head?

Since I have begun Propecia I will cut down to 4x a week perhaps 3x a week.

I have the cream but really difficult to apply with long hair… I have been experminating by applying the cream to only one section of my hairline to see if an effects after reading that japanese study.

Regarding the acid sensation - on my 6th week on nizoral 2% every nigth and never experiecined anything like it at all nor ‘crazy shed’

» Hey Hanginthere
»
» I’ve actually read all your Nizoral threads regarding the shed? Like how
» bad was it? Someone like me with a full head of hair would there be
» noticeable amount of shed? Was it shedding from any particular part of the
» head?
»
» Since I have begun Propecia I will cut down to 4x a week perhaps 3x a
» week.
»
» I have the cream but really difficult to apply with long hair… I have
» been experminating by applying the cream to only one section of my hairline
» to see if an effects after reading that japanese study.
»
» Regarding the acid sensation - on my 6th week on nizoral 2% every nigth
» and never experiecined anything like it at all nor ‘crazy shed’

we all react differently , not all shed, i started at about 2 months the shed, if you have no shed by all means just keep up your normal routine whatever works for each individual is the most important guideline

» » Hey Hanginthere
» »
» » I’ve actually read all your Nizoral threads regarding the shed? Like
» how
» » bad was it? Someone like me with a full head of hair would there be
» » noticeable amount of shed? Was it shedding from any particular part of
» the
» » head?
» »
» » Since I have begun Propecia I will cut down to 4x a week perhaps 3x a
» » week.
» »
» » I have the cream but really difficult to apply with long hair… I have
» » been experminating by applying the cream to only one section of my
» hairline
» » to see if an effects after reading that japanese study.
» »
» » Regarding the acid sensation - on my 6th week on nizoral 2% every nigth
» » and never experiecined anything like it at all nor ‘crazy shed’
»
» we all react differently , not all shed, i started at about 2 months the
» shed, if you have no shed by all means just keep up your normal routine
» whatever works for each individual is the most important guideline

I have been using nizoral for at least 7 years now…by far the best shampoo in teh world!!! i dont know if it ever grew hair for me but it definitely made my hair thick and full compared to any other shampoo i ever use…i leave it on my head for likr 3-5 min tops during the shower and then rinse very well…i even add tea tree oil to make my hair even thicker…however lately…my hair has been acting weird and being flat and stuff…hopefully it will start coming back to life again…i hate these cycles…i hope my propeica is not losing its effect…

i have been using nizoral at different intervals cause i suffer from sebhorric dermatisis
i already went to 7 dermatologists and they all told me not to take it conitnueously cause its bad for the body.

I use it religiously a few times a week.

From my monkeying around with the stuff, I think it may be penetrating better when it’s mixed with some 2% salicylic acid soap (the common gold-tinted acne skin soap). Then of course leave it in for at least several minutes. This is the way it seems to soothe my scalp most effectively.

The warnings of long-term bodily effects are all for ORAL ketoconazole as far as I know. I don’t think you can dangerously overdo the topical shampoos.

Some guys really complain about it drying out their hair. Me personally, I don’t give a crap about what it does day-to-day as long as it’s preserving more hair in the long term. It’s not a great thing for styling but it’s nothing too horrible for me to work with either.

» I use it religiously a few times a week.
»
» From my monkeying around with the stuff, I think it may be penetrating
» better when it’s mixed with some 2% salicylic acid soap (the common
» gold-tinted acne skin soap). Then of course leave it in for at least
» several minutes. This is the way it seems to soothe my scalp most
» effectively.
»
»
»
» The warnings of long-term bodily effects are all for ORAL ketoconazole as
» far as I know. I don’t think you can dangerously overdo the topical
» shampoos.
»
» Some guys really complain about it drying out their hair. Me personally,
» I don’t give a crap about what it does day-to-day as long as it’s
» preserving more hair in the long term. It’s not a great thing for styling
» but it’s nothing too horrible for me to work with either.

So whats better to use? the Cream or the 2% shampoo?? Is it the same?