News about androscience

» Informa Connect - Know more, do more, be more.

these news are from last August…

What is the Androscience connection???

look here http://www.androscience.com/

Potential advantages of using ASC-J9™ as drug to treat Androgenetic Alopecia:

1. ARD enhancer acts on the cause of androgenetic alopecia to reduce AR, and prevent androgen from acting on hair follicles.
  2. ARD enhancer induce AR degradation and would therefore be more effective than conventional anti-androgens such as Finasteride, which only reduces DHT but not testosterone or other factors that are known to bind to and activate AR.

Once again, what does an article about Follica have to do with Androscience Corporation (who are developing a curcuminoid-based topical drug for alopecia called ASC-J9)?

» Potential advantages of using ASC-J9™ as drug to treat Androgenetic
» Alopecia:
»
» 1. ARD enhancer acts on the cause of androgenetic alopecia to reduce
» AR, and prevent androgen from acting on hair follicles.
» 2. ARD enhancer induce AR degradation and would therefore be more
» effective than conventional anti-androgens such as Finasteride, which only
» reduces DHT but not testosterone or other factors that are known to bind to
» and activate AR.

sounds full of sideeffects…when a company works on reducing testosterone or DHT or i dont know what doesnt sound too good to me.

By the way i saw on the TV today that they managed to create the embryonic stem cells kind from adult skin.You know the ones that it is forbiden to use because they could only take them from embryos.

Thats a big breakthrough!!!

» sounds full of sideeffects…

maybe not, it’s a topical product

» Once again, what does an article about Follica have to do with Androscience
» Corporation (who are developing a curcuminoid-based topical drug for
» alopecia called ASC-J9)?

nothing, just the same “discussion” forum

» » Once again, what does an article about Follica have to do with
» Androscience
» » Corporation (who are developing a curcuminoid-based topical drug for
» » alopecia called ASC-J9)?
»
» nothing, just the same “discussion” forum

Well, that makes sense;-)

You could argue that Androscience is at least a new thing. But yeah, it’s a topical.

I wouldn’t be too scared of the stuff. It’s basically a jacked-up synthetic type of Circumin, and nobody is complaining that topical Circumin rotted their dick off.

The company has already got it pretty far into clinical trials as a topical acne cream. That’s basically the same thing as what we’d be doing with it.

they are speaking on phase 2 in 2009 middle!!! had understood ???

What I was driving at is that baldlatino34 titles his subject “news about androscience…” and then posts a link to a story about Follica.

I have ZERO faith in the Androscience product because a group of us had it made several years ago and it did nothing for any of us so we gave up on it. We had a very reputable lab make it for us. Maybe ASC has a better delivery system?

The acne trials should reveal whether it’s actually doing something worthwhile or not.

If it does some demonstrated good for acne, then I can’t imagine it wouldn’t help us too. We’re talking about fighting the skin’s androgen receptors in both cases.

I also think that using this stuff with something like Finasteride might potentially add up to a bit more than the sum of its parts. Fin removes the hormones, and ASC-9 should be removing the body’s ability to compensate for that.

Agreed. I always thought that it had great potential after it was revealed to the public several years ago.