So far Cytomedex’s idea for the gel is to rub it into general wounds to speed up the healing process.

I’m not sure exactly how it would work for hair growth, maybe it would need to penetrate pretty deep as per Greco’s dermaroller and injection thing, or abrasion. I’m not sure if it would do anything if rubbed in topically.

They specifically mention it could be used to aid hair transplants but that may just be for cleaner wound healing for strip scars etc.

how come few seem intrested in this ?i’ve tried to search on the web but i can’t find a lot on this gel

» how come few seem intrested in this ?i’ve tried to search on the web but i
» can’t find a lot on this gel
Has anyone called them today? No answer to my mail yet, I’ve sent it on Wednesday-Thursday last week.

It’s Monday (7/21) about noon and I just spoke with the Greco hair restoration clinic. I spoke to one of the women who works there and she stated that Dr. Greco has tested this product on several people but that she doesn’t know all of the findings of the study. She stated that he has injected the Platlet Rich Plasma (PRP) into humans with joint pain (knees and shoulders) and that the people were shocked at how quickly the pain was alleviated. She also stated that the PRP is being used in vet. medicine on horses. When she mentioned that, I told her that it sounds similar to Acell. I mentioned that the Acell product has been used in vet. medicine but is going to be released for human use this week. I stated that it must be some type of growth factors that promotes this healing and she said that she does not really understand the science behind it (the funny thing is that I really do not understand the science behind it either… but I kept my mouth shut about that). She mentioned that Dr. Greco would be interested in talking with me and gave me his e-mail address. She said that if I put my phone number in the ad, he may call me.

I am going to e-mail Dr. Greco and tell him about Hairsite and Acell. I will post links to Hairsite and links to the Acell website with links to pictures of hair regrowth on animals. Hopefully he responds to my e-mail by returning an e-mail or calling me.

Take Care,
Bill

» It’s Monday (7/21) about noon and I just spoke with the Greco hair
» restoration clinic. I spoke to one of the women who works there and she
» stated that Dr. Greco has tested this product on several people but that
» she doesn’t know all of the findings of the study. She stated that he has
» injected the Platlet Rich Plasma (PRP) into humans with joint pain (knees
» and shoulders) and that the people were shocked at how quickly the pain was
» alleviated. She also stated that the PRP is being used in vet. medicine on
» horses. When she mentioned that, I told her that it sounds similar to
» Acell. I mentioned that the Acell product has been used in vet. medicine
» but is going to be released for human use this week. I stated that it must
» be some type of growth factors that promotes this healing and she said that
» she does not really understand the science behind it (the funny thing is
» that I really do not understand the science behind it either… but I kept
» my mouth shut about that). She mentioned that Dr. Greco would be
» interested in talking with me and gave me his e-mail address. She said
» that if I put my phone number in the ad, he may call me.
»
» I am going to e-mail Dr. Greco and tell him about Hairsite and Acell. I
» will post links to Hairsite and links to the Acell website with links to
» pictures of hair regrowth on animals. Hopefully he responds to my e-mail
» by returning an e-mail or calling me.
»
» Take Care,
» Bill

Thank’s for your job Bill, we appreciate you… tell us all what you know… maybe this doctor will be interested about a test of acell in a transplant…

I just called as well. They said they will call me back tomorrow morning. But it sounds like Dr. Greco won’t be speaking with me.

Thanks man. I got their number from your link above.

» Thanks man. I got their number from your link above.
Anything new? Have they called you again guys?

No, not yet. Here is a copy of the e-mail that I Sent:

Hi Dr. Greco,

I am writing you to find out more about your procedure involving Platelet Rich Plasma and hair restoration. I am a member of a hairloss forum (with over 1300 members) called Hairsite. The link to this forum is: http://www.hairsite.com/. Many of the members of this forum are fairly well informed about hair restoration research and one of them posted the link to the Fox news clip about your PRP. In this clip, you treat a man named Bruce. This clip ran over five months ago, so many of the members of the forum (myself included) are very curious as to the results of his treatment. We would also like to know if you’ve treated many other patients with PRP and what types of results you’ve seen.

Also, there is another product on the market for vet. medicine and (going to be released this week) for human use that seems to be used for similar purposes. The name of this company is Acell. The link to the Acell website is:

http://www.acell.com/

This company has developed a product called an extracellular matrix out of a pig bladder that seems to regenerate tissue. I’ve spoken with XXXXXXX on several ocassions and he seems to be quite receptive to phone calls. He stated that the Acell matrix has not been developed or tested to treat hairloss but seems quite confident that it should regenerate removed donor tissue…including removed donor hair. If this is the case, this would supply a limitless donor supply for hair transplants. Here are some pics of animals who have been treated with Acell:

http://www.acell.com/vetcases/chadwick.html

http://www.acell.com/vetcases/fancy.html

http://www.acell.com/vetcases/lucille.html

http://www.acell.com/vetcases/twinkie.html

http://www.acell.com/vetcases/bravo.html

Acell has also been used on a limited basis on humans. One of the creators (who has since passed away) brother lost the tip of his finger due to an accident with a model airplane. After applying the Acell material, the finger tip regenerated along with the nail and the fingerprint. Here is the link to that story:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,252704,00.html

Apparently, the US military is testing the product on soldiers returning home from war who are missing fingers.

I (and the members of Hairsite) would love to know more about your PRP procedure. I would like to know:

(1) What types of results you’re seeing in treated patients?

(2) If successful, how long it will take before the average HT patient can utilize this procedure?

Thank you so much for your time and I apoligize for the long e-mail,

Bill XXXXXXX
(My Phone Number)

Good stuff Bill, but you didn’t apprise Dr. Greco of AutoloGel.

He’s not experimenting with Acell, his working with platelet-rich plasma. AutoloGel allows a different way of applying platelet-rich plasma. It would be handy if he knew about it.

» Good stuff Bill, but you didn’t apprise Dr. Greco of AutoloGel.
»
» He’s not experimenting with Acell, his working with platelet-rich plasma.
» AutoloGel allows a different way of applying platelet-rich plasma. It would
» be handy if he knew about it.
»
»

Honestly, I don’t know much about it. His e-mail address is:

Jgreco@grecohairsurgery.com

His name is Dr. Joseph Greco

» Honestly, I don’t know much about it. His e-mail address is:
»
» Jgreco@grecohairsurgery.com
»
» His name is Dr. Joseph Greco

I just dropped him a line.
Hello Dr. Greco

Some of us have-been following your work on platelet-rich plasma hair treatments. Lately we came across a product called Autologel (www.cytomedix.com/autologel.htm) that parallels your research. Perhaps you could look into this product to enhance your research. We’re eager to see it’s results in the hands of a well-regarded physician.

Regards
XXXXX

They called me back yesterday and left a voicemail saying he is having problems with this email address and they gave me his comcast address, however I can’t understand a couple of the letters she was saying over the phone. Someone should call them back to find out.

» » Good stuff Bill, but you didn’t apprise Dr. Greco of AutoloGel.
» »
» » He’s not experimenting with Acell, his working with platelet-rich
» plasma.
» » AutoloGel allows a different way of applying platelet-rich plasma. It
» would
» » be handy if he knew about it.
» »
» »
»
»
» Honestly, I don’t know much about it. His e-mail address is:
»
» Jgreco@grecohairsurgery.com
»
» His name is Dr. Joseph Greco

I called and they gave me another one. Here it is:

Grecophdatcomcast.net

take out (at) and place (@)

» I called and they gave me another one. Here it is:
»
» Grecophdatcomcast.net
»
» take out (at) and place (@)

cool. I resent my email.
Thanks Bill

Wow, looks like the rabbit hole goes further than Cytomedix’s Autologel. I just got a reply from Dr. Greco, and he told me that Cytomedix only licenses PRP technology to the large manufacturers and users purchase the processing equipment from various manufacturers. They’re NOT a research company, but a licensing company that licenses PRP technology (it’s basically PRP with vitamin C).

I think you guys might see a parallel with Acell in this paragraph. Dr. Greco stated PRP, is the future is in the “matrix” that allows the growth factors to do their magic. Picture a bridge that has a span missing in the roadway. You can pour all the cement into the hole, but it will just pass through (i.e. PRP without a matrix), but if you create a foundation from one span to the other ( matrix) the cement will attach to the foundation and a connection will be made from one end of the defect to the other. In other words, AutoloGel does not have a matrix.

Dr. Greco has a partner in a small BioSicences company that does have the missing link matrix, which is patented and they will be marketing it soon. The ultimate protein matrix is one that is derived from the patients own cells because it is the most natural, the safest and is always available. Dr. Greco partner has done more human cases than anyone (over 28,000) and their OroGen Plus is the next generation of PRP with a proprietary matrix the is proven in thousands of human cases.

He said they are continuing their research in hair with this technology, but utilize PRP in their hair restoration surgery daily. Utilizing our bodies ability to heal itself naturally and promote new cellular growth be it tendons, muscle, bone or hair cells is the future of medicine.

» He said they are continuing their research in hair with this technology,
» but utilize PRP in their hair restoration surgery daily. Utilizing our
» bodies ability to heal itself naturally and promote new cellular growth be
» it tendons, muscle, bone or hair cells is the future of medicine.

Did he say what kind of results he had from his hair patients?

» Did he say what kind of results he had from his hair patients?

No he didn’t, but that’s a good question. I just sent Dr. Greco another email.

Personally, I doubt he’s seeing anything negligible at the moment… especially since he admitted that it’s difficult to yield results without a matrix (i.e. PRP or AutoloGel without a matrix). I guess we’ll see what happens when his business partner brings OroGen Plus to market.

It is interesting, however, how research is taking a turn from cell cultivation/injection to self-repair… from Follica to Acell, to Dr. Greco.

BTW Bill. I mentioned Acell to Dr. Greco in my last email (especially since he got on the topic of establishing matrices).

Hey Guys,

Here is the response that I got. I don’t completely understand the science that he is explaining here, so I hope one of you can interpret for the forum.

Thanks,

Bill

Hi Bill,

Fox TV picked up the PRP study from a press release after Bob Brandt and I were awarded a Research Grant from The International Society of Hair Restoration last year. When approached I was rather reluctant because it was a study, but told them it would if they did not sensationalize the work.

This is a rather small study because of funding, but we are evaluating the effects of autologus growth factors on miniaturized non-transplanted hair. I will report the findings at the next ISHRS meeting in Montreal Sept 08. The results have been interesting. We already know the PDGF and VEGF are important in hair canal formation and can increase the size and density of the hair shaft. We can show a Case Study where we have injected PRP into an Alopecia Areata patient and the patient grew hair in one month showing that PRP and GF’s turned on the stem cells in the dormant follicles.Will this make a patient with thin hair have thick hair with out HPT, probably not but is has future possibilities.

I do not routinely inject PRP for thinning hair, but have been utilizing PRP in hair surgery the past year and half. The benifits are huge in hair transplantation when used in all phases as we do. I can send you an article I published in the Hair Transplant Forum how we use PRP.

I have been working with Platelet gel 11 years when I was working in orthopedic surgery. I am part of a small Bio tech company that specializes in autologus stem cells and growth factors and my partner, Robert Brandt, is one of the pioneers in platelet gel and has literally done over 28,000 human cases. We have recently formed a new sister company, OroGen Bio Sciences, that will be training physicians in ultrasound guided injections of PRP for orthopedic and sports related soft tissue injuries. This technique will become the medical standard in the next 5 years because it works and it is safe! It repairs torn tendons, ligaments, muscles and avoids surgery in many cases. We also have an equine division at offers treatment for similar injuries.

Our product, OroGen Plus, is PRP with a (patented protein matrix ) and is the next generation of PRP. Unlike the ACell matrix, bovine collagen matrix, our matrix is processed from the the patients own cells making it completely safe for humans and animals. We will be conducting research with our matrix, GF’s and hair growth. As are already aware, " it is all about the matrix ". We have used this matrix in human medicine in thousands of case very successfully and are applying it to equine medicine now. I will send you some photos.

Cordially,

Joe Greco

Wow Cant wait for the photos :slight_smile: