New to generic finasteride

Hello,
I’m hoping the experienced people on here can help me out.

I’ve been on Propecia for a couple of months now. It’s a bit too expensive (over $1 a pill!), and I know there’s generic finasteride out there. I’m just a bit apprehensive about getting a generic version of something that I currently need a prescription for. I’m looking for some answers, and honestly, just a little reassurance from people who’ve gone through this already. I’ve tried looking for good, simple info on this topic on google, but I haven’t found much.

Is the generic version the exact same thing - just in 5mg form? Safety is obviously my biggest concern, but I don’t want to mess up 2 months of diligence by buying a placebo. Does cutting it up bear on the effectiveness in any way - I don’t see myself cutting one pill up into 5 equal pieces very easily. Any recommendations for the best (most trustworthy) place online to get it from?

I have never tried the generics for the same reason you are asking, I wonder if it is just as effective. I have been on Proscar for 3.5 years though, that is a much cheaper option then Propecia and has done wonders for halting my hairloss.

"I don’t see myself cutting one pill up into 5 equal pieces very easily."

Buy a pill cutter and cut into 4 pieces.:wink:

If you can not spent 30 usd per month in your hair you are to poor to worry about your hair .:wink:

» “I don’t see myself cutting one pill up into 5 equal pieces very
» easily.”
»

» Buy a pill cutter and cut into 4 pieces.:wink:

Its really not that difficult with or without a pill cutter once you get the hang of it.

» » “I don’t see myself cutting one pill up into 5 equal pieces very
» » easily.”
» »

» » Buy a pill cutter and cut into 4 pieces.:wink:
»
» Its really not that difficult with or without a pill cutter once you get
» the hang of it.

Thanks Pats and JJ09. I didn’t even know about pill cutters. I’ll see if using it with Proscar might help me out. Hopefully my dermatologist will get on board.

I cut mine into 1/5 here, this should help

I suggest you Fincom-1.
I’ve been on this since I found so many ficom users were dicussing on Japanese board. And you can buy this stuff from the Pharmaceutical manufacture’s official HP.

I’d say it ain’t much a difference from the generic and non-generic products besides the price. the only problem is getting a reliable place to get the generic products, cause there are fakes around there.

been on generic Propecia for almost an year already, and my hair stopped the shedding with which I’m pleased (started using it at the very beginning so I didn’t lose that much hair, so it’s ok for me as long as it ain’t falling anymore)

btw, getting mine from http://www.rxshop.md/products/haircare/propecia

I used propecia prescribed by doctor for a few years, worked a treat, however is was very expensive in my country ($100 per month) I tried using Fincom-1, the generic type, I soon (1 week) felt awful, always tired, no energy, at one point I nearly fainted and my vision was blurred, I stopped taking it and within a few days I was back to normal. To acheive my cost reduction I asked my doctor to prescribe me Proscar, then I use a pill chopper to split into 4 parts as they are 5mg of the finasteride, way cheaper option and you are not playing Russian roulette with Indian/Chinese generics where you really have no idea what your getting. Thats all the advice I can offer, good luck with your decision.

I can recommend a reputable pharmacy (Propecia) season-discounts.com I received the order and it was on time and the pills work great.

This is where I buy the generic, about 1 dollar a pill http://best-preparation-online.com/ and I can vouch they are full potency.